Air fryer bacon is one recipe you need to try. Making bacon in the air fryer makes the crispiest bacon with literally no mess. The basket drains off the excess bacon fat that you can use in any keto or low carb recipe you want. Believe me when I say this is one of the easiest recipes you will try and you will love it.
Bacon in the Air fryer? Yes please!
You might be wondering what the hype is about air fryer bacon. Well it’s not only delicious and less messy, it’s a totally hands free method no need to stand by the stove watching it closely so it doesn’t burn.
Let’s not even talk about the occasion splatter of bacon fat here and there. From the very first time I tried this method. I haven’t found it necessary to use any other method. It’s that easy.
What you need? Just one ingredient!
All you need is your amazing little machine it sizable one (if using the air fryer oven) and your trusty bacon.
What brand is your air fryer? Leave a comment. I’d love to know because I love to know which brand works for everyone.
How to make bacon in the Air fryer
- Layer the Bacon in the Air fryer basket
- Set the temp and timer
- Air fry the bacon
Will air fryer Bacon Smoke up the house?
I have never experienced my air fryer smoking while making bacon. However since I saw this question on google I will answer what I think might be causing your bacon to smoke while air frying.
Reasons Air fryer Bacon may smoke.
- If the bacon is frozen, it might create some steam while cooking and this might be perceived as smoking.
- If you don’t drain the fat between batches. Accumulated fat may cause smoking.
How to prevent it.
Some say put a slice of bread at the bottom of the fryer to help mop up the bacon grease. Like I said my Air fryer doesn’t smoke while making bacon. This was suggested in our air fryer group. If you try it and it works, please let us know.
What Temperature? 360 Vs 400 degrees Fahrenheit
My bacon comes out Perfectly Crispy every time at 400 degrees. However I decided to test it at 360 degrees as well in order to answer this question for you.
First of all. Air fryers differ in functionality. Recipes created here use the Gourmia Air fryer and the Cosori Air fryer. You may need to try out this recipe in your own brand of air fryer and see which works for you.
Simply use this recipe to guide your steps. There a lot of nice air fryer brands out there. I didn’t even know there were so many until I did a poll in our Air Fryer Facebook group and I learnt about a lot of brand.
If cooking your bacon at a lower temperature (360 degrees) you will need to cook it for longer. Cool regular Bacon at this temperature got 10 mins and 12 -13 mins for thick cut bacon.
I cook regular bacon at 400 degrees for 8 mins and 10 mins for thick cuts.
Recipes that use Bacon
Tips for success
- Bear in mind that air fryers vary in temperature settings and wattage. You might want to watch your bacon on the first try to see what works in your air fryer (As always you can reach out to me with any questions you might have by leaving me a comment below. I am happy to help)
- The size of the bacon is important. If you are using thin strips of bacon, you would cook for a shorter time than you would for thick cut bacon.
- After cooking the bacon in the air fryer and you don’t intend to use the rendered bacon fat for cooking, let it cool completely till it congeal. This way you can easily scoop it out into the trash instead of pouring it down the drain and running the risk of clogging your sink.
Love your air fryer? We do too Join us and other Air frying buddies at our Free Easy Air fryer recipes Facebook group. Join the fun! We can’t wait to meet you.
Found this recipe helpful leave me a comment about it or any recipe idea you would love Air fryer ‘yummed’ and don’t forget to share with family and friends.
Crispy Air fryer Bacon
- Air fryer
- 8 strips of bacon
- Lay bacon strips on air fryer basket. Doesn’t matter if it’s overlapping as the bacon would shrink while cooking
- Air fry at 400 F for 8 mins. Cook for up to 10 mins if using thick cut bacon.
- Flip half way through cooking time.
Bacon crispy some more as it cools.
- Air fryer temperatures and times may differ depending on manufacturer be sure to read your manual.
- I do not preheat my air fryer. However when cooking another batch right after the first I start checking the bacon at 7 mins since the air fryer is now preheated.
- Please refer to body of post for other temperatures to cook your bacon