These Air fryer heart shaped cinnamon rolls are a fun, heart-shaped twist on a breakfast classic. Made using convenient Pillsbury Grands refrigerated cinnamon rolls, they are easy to throw together for a sweet holiday breakfast or tasty weekend treat.
Guess what? You don’t have to wait for Valentine’s Day to make this for your loved ones how does all year round sound? If you haven’t noticed we love to make fun cinnamon rolls shaped so you should try our air fryer Christmas tree cinnamon rolls, Santa cinnamon rolls and air fryer cinnamon roll bunnies too.
Want to save this recipe?
Enter your email below and we’ll send it to your inbox right away! Plus you’ll get amazing recipes & tips from us every week. Enjoy!
Table of Contents
Easy Air fryer heart shaped cinnamon rolls recipe
These heart shaped cinnamon rolls are seriously easy to make and I love that you can also make these from scratch using your favorite cinnamon roll dough.
No need for a heart shaped cookie cutter to make these all you need to do is some rolling and I’ll show you how.
Why you’ll love this
- Easy to make with just 2 ingredients, the rolls and sprinkles.
- Much faster baking time compared to the oven allows you to make freshly baked rolls without having to the hassle
- Fun activity to get the kids involved. With sprinkles, my kids are always happy to help.
- Grands cinnamon rolls
- Valentine sprinkles
How to make heart cinnamon rolls in the air fryer
This is an overview of the recipe with step by step photos. Scroll down to the end of this post for a printable recipe card with the amount of ingredients and full recipe instructions.
Open the cinnamon roll. Then unroll one cinnamon roll into a strip. Next you roll each side of the strip up inwards towards the center.
Pinch the middle to form a v shape, creating the base of the heart. Repeat process for the rest of the cinnamon rolls
Arrange the heart shaped cinnamon rolls in a parchment paper lined air fryer basket and air fry at 350°F (180°C) for 5 mins then flip and air fry for another 3 to 4 mins.
Let it cool before decorating with the glaze and sprinkles.
What to serve with cinnamon rolls
These heart shaped cinnamon rolls pair perfectly with cream cheese icing, fresh fruit like strawberries and bananas, bacon, eggs, or yogurt. These sweet rolls hold up well so you can take them on-the-go too.
Air frying Tips
- No need to preheat the air fryer
- When you unroll the cinnamon rolls, roll it back with the filling side on the inside.
- Pinch the middle to form V which will serve as the base of the heart shape.
Here you’ll find answers to common questions about this recipe. If your question isn’t answered, please leave us a comment below and we’ll gladly answer them.
The cinnamon rolls usually take 8 to 9 minutes at 350°F however feel free to add more time if necessary.
Yes, simply use 2 cans of the Pillsbury cinnamon rolls. However, you will need to bake in batches.
If your air fryer has no air fryer mode button, just set the temperature to 350°F and hit the start button.
Yes I recommend flipping. If you have a Cosori dual blaze, you may not need to flip. However we encourage you your discretion here.
Yes you can use homemade cinnamon roll dough or other refrigerated cinnamon roll brands such as Annie’s or Signature select or other store brands.
If you try this recipe, show it off on Instagram! Be sure to Follow and Tag @Airfryeryumblog on Instagram and use the hashtag #airfryeryumblog so we can see your recreations!
Did you find this recipe helpful? Leave me a comment about it or any recipe idea you would love Air fryer ‘yummed’ and don’t forget to share with family and friends.
Happy Air frying!
Love it? Pin it! Then follow Air Fryer Yum on Pinterest for more deliciousness!
Making these fun heart cinnamon rolls in an air fryer is a fast and easy breakfast idea. With Pillsbury Grands, you skip the dough making hassle while still enjoying soft, fluffy rolls in heart shapes perfect for any special morning. Give this recipe a try.
Looking for more air fryer recipes? Sign up for our yummy newsletter and Follow along on Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest and Tiktok for updates. Remember to Subscribe to my YouTube Channel for weekly videos.
Loving your air fryer much? Join other Air Fryer Buddies in our exclusive free Easy Air Fryer Recipes Group on Facebook!
New to the world of Air frying? We’ve got you covered. Check out our helpful >>> Air fryer Resources!
Shop all air fryers and air fryer accessories at our Amazon store.
Air Fryer Yum’s Pro Tip! Air fryer temperatures may vary depending on size, make and model. When making a recipe for the first time, start with less time, check for doneness then add more time as needed.
Air fryer heart shaped cinnamon rolls
- Cosori Air fryer
- Perforated Parchment paper
- Cookie spatula
- 1 Can Grands Cinnamon rolls
- ¼ cup frosting (from the can)
- ¼ cup Sprinkles
- Remove cinnamon roll from the can. Set the icing cup aside.
- Unroll a cinnamon roll, with the side with the filling facing up, roll each side back up towards the center. Then pinch the bottom to form a v, that will be the base of the heart.
- Repeat process for all five cinnamon rolls.
- Transfer the heart shaped cinnamon rolls into a parchment paper lined air fryer basket.
- Set temperature to 350°F / 180°C and cook for 5 mins then flip with the cookie spatula and cook for 3 to 4 more minutes.
- Let the cinnamon rolls cool for a few minutes before decorating.
- Use perforated parchment paper for easy of flipping and to remove the need to spray some oil on the basket
- Flip the cinnamon rolls over in the last 2 minutes of cook time to ensure the underside cooks as well.
- Air fryers cook definitely it’s ok to cook for more or less time than indicated in the recipe if you need to start checking at 6 minute if making it for the first time.
- If you find that sugar glaze that comes in the can difficult to spread, pop it into the microwave without the metal lid and nuke for 2 to 5 seconds to soften it to a spreadable consistency
Did you make this air fryer recipe? Awesome! Please rate it by clicking the stars ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ when you leave a comment below. If you loved it please share the link to this recipe with family and friends and in your favorite Facebook group.