Air fryer bacon grilled cheese is a grilled cheese with bacon sandwich. Easy to make and probably worth the calories if taken in moderation. Like my other air fryer sandwiches, this is super easy to make in the air fryer, oven or stovetop.
Bacon Grilled Cheese Air fryer Recipe
Sandwiches are definitely a nice and easy way to start your day. Doesn’t have to be taken in the morning it can be wrapped nicely in a parchment paper and packed in a brown paper bag for lunch.
The Air fryer makes great toasty sandwiches for on the go breakfast or a packed lunch. You should try my air fried PB&J Sandwiches. The Peanut butter banana Sandwich is totally out of this world delicious.
What you need to make this sandwich in the Air fryer
This recipe requires a few ingredients.
- Bread: Use your favorite tour of bread sliced or unsliced. You can also use low carb breads.
- Cheese (American cheese, Provolone cheese, mozzarella, Monterey Jack) you can use only one type of cheese or a mix of two types.
- Bacon slices or Crumbles: The air fryer makes nice and crispy bacon. You can break the cooked bacon slices in halves and use it, alternatively you can cut up the bacon before cooking like was done in this homemade bacon crumbles video, or crumble cooked bacon by pulsing in a food processor and if you don’t have time for all that DIY, it’s ok to use Store bought bacon crumbles they work just fine.
How to make Bacon Grilled Cheese Sandwich in Air fryer
Place cheese on one side of a slice of bread. Add some crumbled bacon, place cheese at the edges of the slices this will glue the bread when the cheese melts.
Cover the bread with another slice. Spread butter on the outer surface of the sandwich. Place sandwich in air fryer basket buttered side down. Then spread more butter on the unbuttered surface then air fryer.
There are quite a number of ways to enjoy a grilled cheese sandwich. Below are some of them.
Classic Grilled Cheese Sandwich
This is the classic grilled cheese sandwich made in the air fryer. Sandwich cheese in between two slices of bread.
Next spread some butter on the outer surfaces and air fry till golden brown.
Apple Bacon Grilled Cheese
Apple, bacon and cheese in a sandwich? Oh yes! Ever heard of sweet and salty being a balanced flavor? This is it right here. The sweet and tang of Granny Smiths apples and the salty of the bacon and cheese makes this sandwich a delight to the taste buds.
Layer your sandwich with cheese, thin slices of apples and bacon. Then sandwich it all together and air fry to a golden perfection.
Bacon Tomato Grilled Cheese
Grilled cheese goes well with Tomato soup. It’s no wonder cos bacon and tomato grilled cheese brings the magic of dipping in tomato soup or marinara sauce right in one place, your sandwich!
- Use Cut up bacon slices if you don’t have bacon crumbles on hand.
- Placing the buttered side down in the air fryer basket makes it easier to butter the unbuttered side of the bread.
- The cheese on the edges of the bread help make a seal when the cheese melts
- Feel free to use shredded cheese instead of American cheese.
Love this recipe? Check out other Air fryer Breakfast Sandwiches
- Fried Peanut butter and jelly sandwich
- Grilled jelly sandwich
- Air Fryer Eggs and bacon toast
- French toast
- Bread and butter toast
- All our air fryer breakfast recipes live here!
More Air fryer Recipes for beginners
- Meatballs from scratch
- Air fryer Chicken recipes
- Bacon in the Air fryer? After trying this method of cooking bacon, you are never looking back.
- Air fryer breaded mushrooms: Mushrooms never tasted better! These are a must try!
Check out all our >>>Air fryer Recipes!
Did you find this recipe helpful? Leave me a comment about it or any recipe idea you would love Air fryer ‘yummed’ and don’t forget to share with family and friends.
Happy Air frying!
Loving your air fryer much? Join other Air Fryer Buddies in our exclusive free Easy Air Fryer Recipes Group on Facebook!
New to the world of Air frying? We’ve got you covered. Check out our helpful>>> Air fryer Resources!
Bacon Grilled Cheese Sandwich
- Air fryer
- 4 slices of bread
- 6 Slices American cheese, cheddar or provolone cheese
- 4 Tablespoons Bacon crumbles or 4 slices of cooked bacon.
- 2 Tablespoons butter
- Place 2 slices of cheese on one side of a slice of bread.
- Cut a third slice of cheese into 2 equal parts place each half on the outer edges of the slice of bread.
- Put bacon 2 Tablespoons of bacon crumbles in the middle and cover with a slice of bread.
- Spread butter on one side of the sandwich. Next place sandwich in the air fryer basket buttered side facing down. Then spread more butter on the unbuttered side.
- Repeat process for second set of bread slices.
- Air fry at 400°F / 204°C for 4 mins then gently flip over and toast for another 3 mins
- Serve and enjoy
- This Recipe can serve 2 to 4. If you serve as two servings, the nutritional info will be different.
Nutritional information is an estimate and may change based on products used. Please read full nutrition disclaimer here.