Air fryer Baked Oats is an easy healthy cake recipe that I make often. It has recently joined the viral trend on Tiktok and like my chocolate banana muffins, you get to decide if this is a dessert or breakfast. Blended oatmeal or oats requires a few ingredients and your blender and you are well on your way to a healthy treat made right in your air fryer.
Table of Contents
- 1 Tiktok's Baked oats recipe made in the Air fryer
- 2 Join our Air fryer recipes group on Facebook!
- 3 Baking with Oat flour
- 4 Ingredients
- 5 How to make Baked Oats in the air fryer step by step.
- 6 Make it Vegan
- 7 Toppings for Baked oatmeal.
- 8 Make ahead and how to store
- 9 More Baked oats recipes and variations
- 10 Tips for success
- 11 Your Frequently Asked Questions answered.
- 12 Other Air fryer Cake for Breakfast Recipes
- 13 Air fryer Baked Oats Recipe
Tiktok's Baked oats recipe made in the Air fryer
Cake for breakfast anyone? Yes please! This easy baked oatmeal recipe is made with a few ingredients and a blender. Literally dump all the ingredients in the blender and blend till smooth. Clean up is a breeze!
I have tried a number of TikTok viral recipes and hacks. Who remembers the Dalgona coffee, Baked feta pasta and natures cereal. All these were a hit everyone was raving about and this blender oats or oatmeal recipe is no different. I usually bake it in the oven however, since I have an air fryer, I decided to give it a try and I have been making it in the air fryer ever since.
Baking with Oat flour
Baking with oat flour only can be tricky because of the lack of gluten in oat flour. however this baked oatmeal recipe is full proof. The trick is blending all the ingredients till smooth.
When the oats are smoothened out, they tend to bake well and have a cake like texture. My kids always enjoy oats in every form and this baked version and these Ginger oatmeal Christmas cookies are always a winner.
- Rolled oats
- Maple syrup
- Vanilla extract
- Ground Cinnamon
How to make Baked Oats in the air fryer step by step.
This classic baked oats recipe the easiest air fryer baking you’d ever make. Gather your ingredients, blend, bake and enjoy.
Bake in the air fryer at 330°F / 165°C for 13 -15 mins or until a tooth pick comes out clean.
Bake it in the oven
Don’t have an air fryer or want to make a large batch no problem, you can make this in the oven. Here’s what to do
- Preheat the oven to to 350°F/ 177°C
- Grease ramekins
- Blend ingredients and bake for 20-25 min or until toothpick or cake tester comes out clean.
You can make this blender baked oats in the microwave too!
Follow same instructions above and pop these in the microwave (using microwave safe bowls) for 90 to 120 seconds.
Make it Vegan
If your are living a plant based lifestyle, with a few ingredients swap or substitutions you can easily adapt this recipe to make it vegan. Here’s what you need to do.
Swap out the milk: Use a plant based milk like almond milk or coconut milk
Substituting the egg: Use a full banana instead of the half called for in this recipe.
Toppings for Baked oatmeal.
If you’d like cake for dessert, top this baked oatmeal with your favorite toppings. Below are some sweet suggestions to try.
- Whipped cream
- Melted chocolate
- Berry compote
- Maple syrup
Make ahead and how to store
These can be made ahead for breakfast or as a snack the next day. It keeps in the fridge for up to 5 days and freezes well for a month in an air tight container or freezer bag.
To reheat frozen baked oatmeal, let it thaw overnight in the refrigerator and warm up in the air fryer at 350°F / 177°C for 2-4 mins. or in the microwave for up to 60 seconds checking every 20 seconds.
More Baked oats recipes and variations
- Chocolate baked oatmeal: This is definitely a dessert. Moist decadent oatmeal recipe. All you need to do is add some cocoa and chocolate chips to this classic recipe
- Blueberry baked oats: A handful of blueberries added to this oats takes it to another level.
- S’mores baked oatmeal recipe: remember my air fryer s’mores and s’mores dip? This variation of baked oatmeal is a winner.
- Chocolate chip baked oats: A sprinkle of chocolate chips really makes everything better
- Peanut and banana baked oats: Peanut butter and banana is a no brainer. It’s such a delightful combination.
Tips for success
- All air fryers are not created equal, if you are using your bender for the first time, start checking at 12 mins this will help you determine how your specific air fryer bakes.
- Blend the oats till smooth it’s important to give it a nice cake like texture. If you do not have a powerful blender that will blend the ingredients till smooth, consider using oat flour instead.
- Grease the ramekins with some butter or baking spray so that it slides out easily.
Your Frequently Asked Questions answered.
Steel cut oats won't work for this recipe. Steel cut oats are tougher and won't blend into a smooth paste like traditional/rolled oats would.
Yes you can use oat flour to make baked oatmeal. You might want to go that route if you don’t have a powerful blender see tips for success section above.
I used 7 oz ramekins. However 8 oz ramekins will work as well.
Baked oats can be eaten the next day, it keeps well in the refrigerator for up to 5 days and in the freezer for up to a month.
Other Air fryer Cake for Breakfast Recipes
Check out all our >>>Air fryer Recipes!
Did you find this recipe helpful? Leave me a comment about it or any recipe idea you would love Air fryer ‘yummed’ and don’t forget to share with family and friends.
Happy Air frying!
Loving your air fryer much? Join other Air Fryer Buddies in our exclusive free Easy Air Fryer Recipes Group on Facebook!
New to the world of Air frying? We’ve got you covered. Check out our helpful >>> Air fryer Resources!
Air fryer Baked Oats Recipe
- 8 oz ramekins
- ½ large Banana
- ½ cup rolled oats
- 1 Tablespoon maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- 1 Large Egg
- ¼ cup milk of choice
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon or nutmeg
Optional add ins
- A pinch of salt
- 2 Tablespoons Chocolate chips
- 2 Tablespoons blueberries
- Grease the ramekins and set aside. Add all ingredients into the blender except any add-ins. Blend till smooth.
- Bake in the air fryer at 330°F / 165°C for 13-15 mins.