These Air fryer banana muffins are easy to make and serves as perfect snacks, desserts or breakfast. It’s made in just one bowl, with minimal prep and requires a few ingredients including fresh bananas! I used a sugar free sweetener to make these moist and delicious muffins low calorie and sugar free. Let me show you how I make these muffins in the air fryer.
Air fryer banana muffins Recipe
Ever wondered if you could make banana muffins in air fryer? Since getting my air fryer, I find that I hardly turn on my oven since I can make almost anything in it and these banana bread muffins are no different. Fresh and very ripe bananas make the best homemade banana muffins to be honest and these get ready in no time.
They come out moist and yummy in a shorter time than when baked in the oven and that’s one of the reasons I bake these muffins in my air fryer. Plus older kids can bake these themselves as well. Win - Win
- Very Ripe Bananas. Don’t have very ripe bananas? I have a post on how to ripen bananas in the air fryer.
- Butter or oil
- All Purpose Flour
- Sweetener of choice. I used Monkfruit-Erythritol blend to keep calories low and make this banana bread sugar free. Feel free to use regular sugar or honey.
- Ground Cinnamon
- Vanilla extract
How long to cook banana muffins in air fryer?
I cook my air fryer banana muffins at 330°F in a non preheated air fryer. If you preheat your air fryer, it will cook faster by a couple minutes.
I like to bake low because I find that it’s best to bake at lower temperatures in the air fryer especially since most air fryers cook from the top. It took roughly 14 mins to cook these muffins in the air fryer.
How do you know it’s cooked? I insert a toothpick in the middle of the banana bread muffins. It should come out clean if it’s fully baked.
How to make Banana muffins in air fryer
- This is a less mess one bowl recipe. First things first, Gather your ingredients.
- Mash the Bananas in a bowl, add sugar, eggs, melted butter, vanilla extract and mix to combine.
- Add Flour, baking soda and baking powder. Fold in to combine.
- Scoop banana bread batter into the silicon muffin cups.
- Bake in the Air fryer.
Make it in the oven
Don’t have an air fryer just yet? Don’t worry I’ve got you covered. It will take a little longer but you can definitely make these on the oven and I am happy to show you how. Please follow steps below.
- Preheat oven to 350°F
- Mix ingredients according to recruit below to get batter
- Scoop batter into lined 12 muffin tins
- Bake for 18 to 20 mins till tooth pick comes out clean.
How to store and reheat
Refrigerator: Banana bread muffins store very well in the refrigerator or freezer. To store, let the muffins cook completely then store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 5 days.
Can you freeze air fryer banana bread muffins? Yes you can. Let it cool completely, put in an air tight container and freeze for up to a month. Let it thaw over night in the refrigerator then bring to room temperature on the counter when you are ready to eat it.
Reheating: Love warm muffins? You can reheat these in the microwave or air fryer. To reheat in the microwave nuke at 10 secs intervals till warmed through. For the air fryer, reheat at 350°F / 180°C for 1 to 2 mins.
Tips for Success
- No need to preheat the air fryer. Mine baked at 14 mins without preheating however the next batch baked faster at 12 mins because the Air fryer was preheated.
- If you don’t have silicon baking cups. Sturdy muffin/ cupcake liners would work well.
- Have semi ripe bananas and need to make these ASAP! Ripen your bananas in your air fryer following the tutorial in this guide.
- Don’t over fill the muffin liners or they will over flow. Fill only half way.
How ripe do the bananas have to be make banana bread or muffins
Wondering what type of bananas to use for bananas muffins? The more ripe the bananas are, the more suited they are for banana bread. The spottier the better. The blacker the skin the better.
Why use overripe bananas for muffins?
Besides the fact that it’s a way to use up bananas to prevent food waste, over ripe bananas make muffins moist and delicious. Over ripe banana muffins are sweeter because over ripe bananas have higher sugar content.
More Air fryer Dessert Recipes
Other Air fryer Recipes to try
- Crispy Air fryer Chicken drumsticks:
- Air fryer meatballs from scratch
- Frozen Mozzarella sticks in the Air fryer
Loving your air fryer much? Join other Air Fryer Buddies in our exclusive free Easy Air Fryer Recipes Group on Facebook!
Happy Air frying!
Air fryer Banana Muffins
- Air fryer
- Silicon muffin liners
- 3 very ripe bananas
- 2 large eggs (well beaten)
- 113g (½ cup) salted butter (melted)
- ¾ cup monk-fruit sweetener
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon baking powder
- 210g (1½ cup) All purpose flour
- Spray silicon muffin liners with oil spray and set aside
- Mash Bananas in a bowl, add Sweetener, melted butter, beaten eggs, vanilla extract and mix to combine.
- Add flour, baking powder and baking soda to the wet ingredients, then mix to combine.
- Scoop batter into prepared muffin liners and bake in Air fryer at 330°F for 14 mins or until tooth pick comes out clean.
- I used monk-fruit sweetener to cut down on sugar to make these muffins sugar free and low calorie. Feel free to use regular sugar or honey.
- I didn’t preheat my air fryer however the second batch of muffins will bake faster than the first batch because your air fryer has been preheated. Please keep an eye on it.
Nutritional information is an estimate and may change based on products used. Please read full nutrition disclaimer here.