Baking cookies in air fryer is my new found past time, If you haven’t tried making red velvet cookies from a cake mix before now, be sure to expect a pleasant surprise from these Air fryer red velvet cake mix cookies.
These are perfect for the holidays, Christmas, Valentine’s or any occasion you’d like to take these to. You’ll love how quick and easy these tender crumbed goey red velvet white chocolate chip cookies are. Read along and find out exactly how to air fry cookies.
Air fryer Red velvet cake mix cookies Recipe
A great air fryer dessert recipe is always welcome I mean who doesn’t love a nice treat once in a while? Plus you can easily make small batch cookies by halving this recipe if you do not need to make a lot of cake mix cookies.
Air fryer cookie recipes always come in handy for that quick family treat because it gets ready in less than 10 mins start to finish without the need to turn on your oven or even pull out a cookie baking sheet.
Why you’ll love these air fryer red velvet cake mix cookies
Baking cookies in air fryer machines is a nice skill to have, you never know when you might need. Here are a few reasons to love this air fryer cake mix cookies
- No need to turn on your oven especially in the hot summer months to make a batch of cookies
- How does a small batch cookie recipe sound? You can scale down this recipe easily to make a small batch.
- Cake mix cookies are a fun project to make with kids. They get to enjoy the fruit of their labor in less than 10 mins.
Since we are making these red velvet cookies from a cake mix, we’ll be needing just a few ingredients. Guess what? This could easily be a 3 ingredient cookie recipe if you skip the chocolate chips. Cool I know. Here’s what you’ll need.
- Red velvet cake (Betty Crocker, Duncan Hines or Pillsbury)
- Neutal flavored Oil of choice
- White chocolate chips
Red velvet cookie mix: You can ‘doctor’ a white or yellow cake mix if you don’t have a red velvet cake mix to start with. To do this, Remove a Tablespoon of cake mix and set it aside, then and add 3 Tablespoons of cocoa powder to the cake mix.
Mix all the ingredients then add 1 teaspoon of a not taste red food color (preferably the paste not liquid) if the consistency is ok, discard the reserved cake mix. If its too soft add the reserved cake mix.
How to make air fryer red velvet cookies from a cake mix
This is an overview of the recipe with step by step photos. Scroll down to end of post for a printable recipe card with the amount of ingredients and full recipe instructions.
Gather your ingredients and mix together in a bowl, reserve some chips for later. Scoop out with a small cookie scoop onto a parchment paper lined air fryer basket or rack.
Bake at 350°F / 180°C for 6 to 7 mins. Pull out the air fryer basket and gently push in the reserved white chocolate chips.
Let cookies cool for about 5 mins before lifting it out to make the second batch.
Can you make half cake mix?
Yes you can make a small batch cookie with half cake mix and it’s super easy to do so. All you need to do is divide the cake mix equally with a scale before adding the other ingredients. The recipe would be ½ cake mix, 1 egg, ¼ cup oil and ¼ cup white chocolate chips.
How long does it take to bake cookies in the air fryer?
How long it takes to bake cookies in air fryer appliances will depend on the individual machines. As we all know all air fryer brands are different and cook differently. I used the Cosori air fryer for this recipe and it took 7 minutes to make these. Feel free to add more time if yours isn’t cooked in 7 minutes.
The Ninja foodie and Cosori are some of the air fryer that heat up pretty fast. Basically you should expect your cookies to be cooked anywhere from 6 to 8 minutes just keep an eye on them.
How to store air fried cake mix cookies
These cookie are best eaten fresh, however if you’ve got leftovers, be sure they are cooled completely, then store in an air tight container on the counter for up to 3 days.
You can also wrap in ziplock bags and freeze for up to 3 months. No need to reheat when you are ready to enjoy your cookies. Simply let it thaw in the refrigerator overnight and enjoy.
Air frying Tips
- No need to preheat air fryer
- Do not put white chocolate chips on top of the cookies before baking like you do with a conventional oven, the chips will burn. Instead push them in gently right after baking while it’s still in the air fryer basket.
- The cookies will be soft right after baking, it hardens as it cools
- Leave air fryer basket on the counter not inside the air fryer machine while cookies cool and let cookies cool for 5 mins before taking out of with a cookie lifter. Then transfer to cooling rack to cool completely.
Frequently asked questions
Can I put raw cookie dough in the air fryer
Yes you can put raw cookie dough in the air fryer and bake it to cookie perfection.
What is the difference between a cake and cookie mix?
A cookie mix is thicker mix when mixed while a cake mix is thinner. The cookie mixture is called a dough Whi the cake mixture is called a batter.
Can you make small batch cookies in air fryer?
Yes you can make small batch cookies in the air fryer even with a cake mix. Simply divide the ingredients in half and mix one batch. Saving the rest for later.
Can these be made from scratch instead?
Definitely you can make these from scratch and here is our favorite red velvet chocolate chip cookies made from scratch. Simply apply the same principles used in this post to make it in the air fryer.
If you try this recipe, show it off on Instagram! Be sure to Follow and Tag @Airfryeryumblog on Instagram and use the hashtag #airfryeryumblog so we can see your recreations!
Did you find this recipe helpful? Leave me a comment about it or any recipe idea you would love Air fryer ‘yummed’ and don’t forget to share with family and friends.
Happy Air frying!
Love it? Pin it! Then follow Air Fryer Yum on Pinterest for more air fryer dessert recipes!
Looking for more air fryer recipes? Sign up for our yummy newsletter and Follow along on Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest and Tiktok for updates. Remember to Subscribe to my YouTube Channel for weekly videos.
Loving your air fryer much? Join other Air Fryer Buddies in our exclusive free Easy Air Fryer Recipes Group on Facebook!
New to the world of Air frying? We’ve got you covered. Check out our helpful >>> Air fryer Resources!
Shop all air fryers and air fryer accessories at our Amazon store.
Air Fryer Yum’s Pro Tip! Air fryer temperatures may vary depending on size, make and model. When making a recipe for the first time, start with less time, check for doneness then add more time as needed.
Air fryer red velvet cake mix cookies
- Cosori Air fryer
- 1 Box 15.25 oz cake mix (Duncan Hines, Betty Crocker or Pillbury’s)
- ½ Cup oil
- 2 Large eggs
- ½ Cup white chocolate chips
- 2 Tablespoons flour (optiional for firmer cookies)
- Mix all ingredients together except the white chocolate chips to form a dough.
- Add ½ of the white chocolate chips to the dough. Reserve the rest for when the cookies are baked.
- Scoop cookie dough with small cookie scoop onto the parchment paper lined air fryer basket or racks
- Bake at 350°F / 180°C for 6-8 minutes. You can add one or two minutes if yours isn’t baked at that time.
- Pull out basket, gently push in the rest of the white chocolate chips into the top of the cookies then let the cookies cool for 5 mins before lifting out of the air fryer basket.
- Repeat process for second batch.
- Recipe makes 20 cookies depending on size of cookie scoop.
- Leave space in between cookies as they will spread slightly
- Leave out the 2 tablespoons of flour if the though is thick enough
- Add the 2 Tablespoons or more it baking in a high altitude location.
- The cookies will be soft right after baking. They firm up as they cool.
- If you put the white chips on top of the cookies before baking they are likely to burn. That’s why I put them right after baking.
Nutritional information is an estimate and may change based on products used. Please read full nutrition disclaimer here.
Did you make this air fryer red velvet cookie recipe? Awesome! Please rate it by clicking the stars ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ when you leave a comment below. If you loved it please share the link to this recipe with family and friends and in you favorite Facebook group.