These air fryer chocolate m and m cookies are the perfect air fryer dessert to brighten your day. These delightful chocolate cake mix cookies are soft and gooey on the inside with crispy edges. Ready in less than 10 mins with minimal prep and clean up that’s typical of cake mix cookies.
Table of Contents
- 1 Air fryer chocolate m & m cookies recipe
- 2 Join our Air fryer recipes group on Facebook
- 3 Why you’ll love these Chocolate m & m cookies
- 4 Ingredients needs to make m and m cookie dough
- 5 How to make air fryer chocolate m & m cookies from cake mix
- 6 Making these cookies in an oven style air fryer
- 7 How to store these air fryer chocolate cake mix cookies.
- 8 Air frying Tips
- 9 Frequently asked questions
- 10 More air fryer cookies
- 11 Air fryer cake mix chocolate m & m cookies
Making cookies from cake mix is one hack I love for when I want to make small batch cookies or when I don’t feel like gathering a lot of ingredients.
Just like my air fryer red velvet cookies from a cake mix, these are super easy to make. You need just 3 ingredients with an additional 4th being the candies which coverts the cake mix to a quick and easy m and m cookie dough.
Join our Air fryer recipes group on Facebook
How does a warm cookie in less than 10 mins sound? These are absolutely worth calories. A dunk in a glass of milk will make it even more worth it! Here are a few more reasons to love these chocolate cake mix cookies.
- Few ingredients
Related: Air fryer frozen cookie dough recipe, Can you bake cookies in the air fryer? Air fryer 4th of July cookies
- Chocolate cake mix
- M & m chocolate
- Mixing bowl
- Air fryer
- Perforated Parchment paper
- Small Cookie scoop
- Cookie spatula
Related: Can you put parchment in the air fryer? Yes, read the linked article to learn how to do so safely. How to make your own perforated parchment paper.
This is an overview of the recipe with step by step photos. Scroll down to end of post for a printable recipe card with the amount of ingredients and full recipe instructions.
Mix all ingredients together in a bowl, reserve ½ of the m and ms for later. Scoop out with a small cookie scoop onto a parchment paper lined air fryer basket or rack.
Bake at 350°F / 180°C for 6 to 7 mins. Pull out the air fryer basket the cookies would look puffy at this point. Gently push in the reserved m and ms into the top of the cookies.
Let cookies cool for a minimum of 5 mins before lifting it out onto a cooling rack to make the next batch.
Place cookies in a parchment lined air fryer rack and bake in middle level for at 350°F / 180°C for 7 to 8 mins if the air fryer was not preheat.
If the air fryer was automatically preheated it will cook in 6 to 7 minutes excluding preheat time.
These are best eaten the day they are baked with a glass of milk. If you happen to have leftovers, store in an air tight cookie jar and consume within 3 day.
These cookies can be frozen for up to 3 months. To store cookies effectively, ensure they have cooled completely before storing.
Air frying Tips
- These were made in a non preheated oven.
- Use perforated parchment paper
- Do not over mix the batter
- Cookies will be soft right after being cooked but will harden as they cool.
- When scooping out the cookies ensure no m and ms are sticking out at the top of the cookies or the candies will burn before the cookies are ready
Air Fryer Yum’s Pro Tip! Air fryer temperatures may vary depending on size, make and model. When making a recipe for the first time, start with less time, check for doneness then add more time as needed.
Frequently asked questions
Can you freeze m and m cookies?
Yes you can. Ensure they cool completely before freezing. it can be frozen for up to 3 months in an air tight container.
Do m and ms melt in the oven or air fryer?
M & M Candies don’t melt in the oven or air fryer however if they are on top of the cookies while cookies they bake in the air fryer, they’ll burn.
Can you bake with regular m & ms
Yes you can bake with regular m and ms, both standard size and m and m minis.
Did you find this recipe helpful? Leave me a comment about it or any recipe idea you would love Air fryer ‘yummed’ and don’t forget to share with family and friends.
Happy Air frying!
Love it? Pin it!
Looking for more air fryer recipes? Sign up for our yummy newsletter and Follow along on Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest and Tiktok for updates. Remember to Subscribe to my YouTube Channel for weekly videos.
Loving your air fryer much? Join other Air Fryer Buddies in our exclusive free Easy Air Fryer Recipes Group on Facebook!
New to the world of Air frying? We’ve got you covered. Check out our helpful >>> Air fryer Resources!
Shop all air fryers and air fryer accessories at our Amazon store.
- Cosori Air fryer
- 1 Box 15.25 oz chocolate cake mix (Duncan Hines, Betty Crocker or Pillbury’s)
- ½ Cup oil
- 2 Large eggs
- ½ Cup M & M chocolate
- 2 Tablespoons flour (optional for firmer cookies and will depend on brand of cake mix being used skip if using Pillsbury)
Make the m and m cookie dough
- Mix all ingredients together except the the m & m candies to form a dough.
- Add ½ of the m & ms to the dough. Reserve the rest for when the cookies are baked.
- Scoop cookie dough with small cookie scoop onto the parchment paper lined air fryer basket or racks if using an oven style air fryer.
- Bake at 350°F / 180°C for 6-8 minutes. You can add one or two minutes if yours isn’t baked at that time.
- Pull out basket, gently push in the rest of the m and m candies into the top of the cookies then let the cookies cool for 5 mins before lifting out of the air fryer basket.
- Repeat process for second batch.
- Recipe makes 20 cookies depending on size of cookie scoop.
- Leave space in between cookies as they will spread slightly
- Leave out the 2 tablespoons of flour if the though is thick enough
- Add the 2 Tablespoons or more it baking in a high altitude location.
- The cookies will be soft right after baking. They firm up as they cool.
- If you put the m and ms on top of the cookies before baking they will burn. That’s why I put them right after baking.
Did you make this recipe? Awesome! Please rate it by clicking the stars ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ when you leave a comment below. Also be sure to Follow & Tag @AirFryerYumBlog on Instagram when you make any of our recipes. We are honored and would love to see your recreations of our recipes!
This is so handy for when I’m away in the caravan
Air Fryer Yum says