This air fryer rainbow carrots recipe is simply amazing and requires a few ingredients to achieve this level of roasted deliciousness. If you’ve been looking for a quick air fryer recipe for rainbow carrots, look no further cos these are not only quick, they are also super easy to make and come out tender and well seasoned.
This is a great side dish and can easily be served with steak, chicken, rice or sausages like this air fryer kielbasa recipe.
Table of Contents
- 1 Best Recipe for Rainbow carrots
- 2 Join our Air fryer recipes group on Facebook
- 3 Why you’ll love this air fryer rainbow carrots recipe
- 4 What are rainbow carrots?
- 5 Ingredients
- 6 How to cook rainbow carrots in air fryer
- 7 Recipe variations
- 8 Best way to serve air fried rainbow carrots
- 9 How to store cooked rainbow carrots
- 10 Air frying Tips
- 11 FAQs on Air fryer rainbow carrots
- 12 More air fryer recipes
- 13 Air fryer rainbow carrots ( Tri-colored carrots recipe)
Best Recipe for Rainbow carrots
Carrots are a healthy group of vegetables they are loaded with carotenes and other vitamins with vitamin A leading the pack! These air fried rainbow Carrots take it up a notch by feeding you the rainbow in every bite.
Roasting carrots in the air fryer takes oven cooked carrots to a whole new level giving you delicious crispy edged tender baby carrots in less time with consistent results. With this recipe you don’t need a grill or oven to make the best rainbow carrots (roasted or grilled)
Why you’ll love this air fryer rainbow carrots recipe
The question should be what’s not to love about air fryer rainbow carrots! Besides the fact that it’s healthy and helps you eat the rainbow effortlessly, here are a few more reasons to love this easy recipe for rainbow carrots!
- Family friendly
- Picky eater approved
- Nutrient dense and made with good for you ingredients
What are rainbow carrots?
Rainbow Carrots are a mix of different colored carrots to create a pretty mix of colors. Colored carrots such as purple carrots, orange carrots, white and yellow are usually combined to make rainbow colored Carrots.
They are either harvested before maturity and sold as baby carrots or left to mature to become regular sized carrots. The reason for these difference in colors is based on the pigmentation and the regions where they are grown.
Rainbow Carrots go by a variety of names like colored carrots, colorful carrots, and tri color carrots. All these names refer to the same thing.
- Rainbow carrots
- Garlic powder
- Black pepper
- Parsley flakes
Rainbow carrots: I used baby rainbow carrots for this recipe. Feel free to use regular sized rainbow carrots. Be sure to use the same weight as was used in this recipe so that the ration of the seasoning to the Carrots will be right.
Seasoning blend: Use your favorite blend, or keep it simple with just salt or garlic and salt.
How to cook rainbow carrots in air fryer
This is an overview of the recipe with step by step photos. Scroll down to end of post for a printable recipe card with the amount of ingredients and full recipe instructions.
Rinse rainbow carrots, drain in a colander then pat dry with paper towels. Transfer to a mixing bowl, add oil and seasoning then mix till well coated.
Gently pour in the seasoned colored carrots into air fryer basket or arrange on an air fryer rack.
Then air fry at 400°F / 200°C for 15 to 18 mins depending on how tender you like your carrots. I prefer some bite to mine so I cook for 15 mins.
This is a savory recipe. However there are ways to create delicious variations. Here are some of our favs.
- Switch up the taste by using your favorite spice blend.
- Spice it up and give it a kick by including some cayenne pepper
- Sweeten these by adding some honey, brown sugar or maple syrup to make some glazed rainbow carrots recipe.
How to store cooked rainbow carrots
To store leftover rainbow carrots, let it cool down completely before storing in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days. Reheat in the microwave or air fryer when you are ready to enjoy.
Air frying Tips
- Rinse and drain carrots to ensure they are clean.
- If using full sized rainbow carrots, you’ll need to scrape the skin.
- Do not overcrowd the basket
FAQs on Air fryer rainbow carrots
What do rainbow carrots taste like?
Rainbow carrots or colored carrots taste like regular carrots.
Where to buy rainbow carrots?
Rainbow Carrots can be bought in your neighborhood grocery stores. I usually find it in the organic section in the store.
What are Tri colored carrots?
Tri-colored carrots are a mix of three colors of the colored carrots usually the purple, orange and yellow carrots.
If you try this recipe, show it off on Instagram! Be sure to Follow and Tag @Airfryeryumblog on Instagram and use the hashtag #airfryeryumblog so we can see your recreations!
More air fryer recipes
- Air fryer mushrooms
- How to air fry potato wedges
- Air fryer baby potatoes
Check out all our >>>Air fryer Recipes!
Did you find this recipe helpful? Leave me a comment about it or any recipe idea you would love Air fryer ‘yummed’ and don’t forget to share with family and friends.
Happy Air frying!
Love it? Pin it! Then follow Air Fryer Yum on Pinterest for more deliciousness!
Looking for more air fryer recipes? Sign up for our yummy newsletter and Follow along on Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest and Tiktok for updates. Remember to Subscribe to my YouTube Channel for weekly videos.
Loving your air fryer much? Join other Air Fryer Buddies in our exclusive free Easy Air Fryer Recipes Group on Facebook!
New to the world of Air frying? We’ve got you covered. Check out our helpful >>> Air fryer Resources!
Shop all air fryers and air fryer accessories at our Amazon store.
Air Fryer Yum’s Pro Tip! Air fryer temperatures may vary depending on size, make and model. When making a recipe for the first time, start with less time, check for doneness then add more time as needed.
Air fryer rainbow carrots ( Tri-colored carrots recipe)
- Cosori Air Fryer 5.8qt
- Mixing bowl
- Paper towel
- 1.5 lb Rainbow carrots
- 1.5 Tablespoon oil
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoon Salt
- 1 teaspoon Dry parsley
- Rinse the baby carrots, drain using s colander. Pat dry with paper towels to ensure they are completely dry. This will help the oil and seasoning stick.
- Transfer to a mixing bowl, add oil to carrots, then the seasoning (salt, garlic powder, black pepper, and half of the parsley flakes)
- Mix to combine. All the carrots should be coated with oil and seasoning.
- Transfer to air fryer basket and air fry at 400°F / 200°C for 15 to 18 minutes (see note 1) Remember to shake the basket half way through cooking time to ensure even cooking.
- The carrots are done when they are fork tender. Serve immediately with your favorite main dish.
- The carrots are fully cooked when they are fork tender. At 15 mins these are fork tender with some bite to them. If you want then softer, cook for 2 to 3 mins making a total of 18 mins.
Did you make this air fryer recipe? Awesome! Please rate it by clicking the stars ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ when you leave a comment below. If you loved it please share the link to this recipe with family and friends and in you favorite Facebook group.