Air fryer baby carrots or mini carrots are quick and easy to make. They turn out tender, well seasoned and delicious with a slight crunch. If you haven’t tried baby carrots in air fryer, you are sure missing out on a fun way to prepare this easy vegetarian air fryer side dish.
Read along cos I’m about to show you how to air fry baby carrots that’ll be perfect when paired with rice dishes, potatoes, chicken and steak recipes.
Table of Contents
- 1 Air fryer baby carrots Recipe
- 2 Join our Air fryer recipes group on Facebook
- 3 Why you’ll love to cook baby carrots in air fryer
- 4 What are baby carrots?
- 5 Ingredients
- 6 How long do you cook baby carrots in air fryer?
- 7 How to air fry baby carrots
- 8 What to serve with air fried baby carrots
- 9 How to store and reheat
- 10 Air frying Tips
- 11 FAQs
- 12 More air fryer sides you’ll love
- 13 Air fryer baby carrots
Air fryer baby carrots Recipe
Cooking or roasting carrots in air fryer has got to be one of the easiest ways to cook these hearty vegetables. I love that it’s a versatile side dish to serve all year round and not only during holidays like Thanksgiving, Christmas or Easter.
You really don’t need a lot of ingredients to roast baby carrots since they are naturally sweet. Whether you choose to make these savory like we did in this recipe or sweet (more on this in the recipe variation section) Air fried baby carrots are a favorite here at Air Fryer Air Fryer Yum.
Join our Air fryer recipes group on Facebook
Why you’ll love to cook baby carrots in air fryer
I can’t over emphasize how delicious air fried carrots are. There are a variety of reasons to love these like the use of pantry staples. Below are a few more reasons we love roasting or cooking baby carrots in the air fryer.
- Quick and Easy: These get ready way faster than it would take in th
- Family friendly
- Diet friendly: Carrots could easily fit into most diets. From low carb, keto, vegan, vegetarian and the eat it all diet group
Related: air fryer rainbow carrots, air fryer vegetarian recipes.
What are baby carrots?
Baby carrots are carrots that have been harvested before they are fully grown and sold as small mini carrots. They are more tender than fully grown carrots. This is very similar to air fryer baby potatoes.
Baby carrots are actually different from baby-cut carrots which are fully grown carrots that have been cut to baby sizes using a machine.
Fun fact: Most carrots sold in stores as baby carrots are actually baby-cut carrots
- Baby carrots
- Garlic powder
- Black pepper
How long do you cook baby carrots in air fryer?
The length of time it will take to cook baby carrots in the air fryer will depend on the brand of your air fryer and how soft you like your carrots.
Below is a carrot specific cooking guide for different textures. This recipe was tested in a Cosori air fryer, Gourmia and instant vortex air fryers and they yielded similar results. All were cooked at 400°F / 200°C
Cooked but crunchy 12 mins
Cooked with some bite 15 mins
Cooked and and soft 18 mins
How to air fry baby carrots
This is an overview of the recipe with step by step photos. Scroll down to end of post for a printable recipe card with the amount of ingredients and full recipe instructions.
Rinse carrots, drain in a colander then pat dry with paper towels.
Transfer to a mixing bowl, add oil and seasoning then mix till well coated.
Gently pour in the seasoned carrots into an air fryer basket or arrange nicely on an air fryer rack.
Then air fry at 400°F / 200°C for 15 to 18 mins depending on how tender you like your carrots. I prefer some bite to mine so I cook for 15 mins.
What to serve with air fried baby carrots
Baby carrots can be enjoyed on its own as a snack cooked or raw with a favorite dip like hummus.
These air fryer baby carrots go well as a side dish to various meat and potato recipes! Air fryer Chicken wings, boneless chicken thighs in air fryer, mashed potatoes. Air fryer potato wedges, baby potatoes in air fryer and lots more. The possibilities are endless with this healthy air fryer side dish.
How to store and reheat
Air fried baby carrots can be made up to 2 days ahead and leftovers can be stored in the refrigerator for up to 2 days. Let the air fried carrots cool completely before storing in the refrigerator in an airtight container.
I don’t recommend freezing cooked carrots because I don’t like the texture after reheating frozen fully cooked carrots. If you’d like to freeze, blanch the carrots, season and freeze. Cook fully when you are ready.
Air frying Tips
- Do not overcrowd the air fryer basket or rack cook in batches if needed.
- This recipe was made in a non preheated air fryer. If you preheat, cook for less time about a minute or two.
- Remember to shake the basket half way through cooking time.
Can you cook frozen carrots in air fryer
Yes you can. It will only take a bit longer. Simply deglaze the carrots by running under tap water. This will also help to separate them if they are stuck together. Then pat dry, season and cook for up to 20 mins or until cooked through.
How do you know when air fryer baby carrots are done?
Baby carrots are done when they are fork tender. Please refer to the air fryer carrots cooking guide above for your desired level of doneness.
Can you steam carrots in air fryer?
There is really no need to steam carrots in the air fryer because they do not dry out when cooked and come out with an amazing texture. If you’d like to steam it you could add a bit of water in the other basket and cook as directed in this recipe.
How do air fried carrots taste like?
Air fryer cooked carrots or roasted carrots taste a bit like sweet potatoes. They are delicious.
If you try this recipe, show it off on Instagram! Be sure to Follow and Tag @Airfryeryumblog on Instagram and use the hashtag #airfryeryumblog so we can see your recreations!
More air fryer sides you’ll love
- Air fryer potato wedges
- Butternut squash in air fryer
- Air fryer bacon wrapped radishes
- Frozen sweet potato fries in air fryer
Check out all our >>>Air fryer Recipes!
Did you find this recipe helpful? Leave me a comment about it or any recipe idea you would love Air fryer ‘yummed’ and don’t forget to share with family and friends.
Happy Air frying!
Love it? Pin it! Then follow Air Fryer Yum on Pinterest for more deliciousness!
Looking for more air fryer recipes? Sign up for our yummy newsletter and Follow along on Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest and Tiktok for updates. Remember to Subscribe to my YouTube Channel for weekly videos.
Loving your air fryer much? Join other Air Fryer Buddies in our exclusive free Easy Air Fryer Recipes Group on Facebook!
New to the world of Air frying? We’ve got you covered. Check out our helpful >>> Air fryer Resources!
Shop all air fryers and air fryer accessories at our Amazon store.
Air Fryer Yum’s Pro Tip! Air fryer temperatures may vary depending on size, make and model. When making a recipe for the first time, start with less time, check for doneness then add more time as needed.
Air fryer baby carrots
- Cosori Air Fryer 5.8qt
- Mixing bowl
- Paper towel
- 1 lb baby carrots
- 1 Tablespoon oil
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- ⅛ teaspoon Salt
- 1 teaspoon Dry parsley
- Rinse the baby carrots, drain using s colander. Pat dry with paper towels to ensure they are completely dry. This will help the oil and seasoning stick.
- Transfer to a mixing bowl, add oil to carrots, then the seasoning (salt, garlic powder, black pepper, and half of the parsley flakes)
- Mix to combine. All the carrots should be coated with oil and seasoning.
- Transfer to air fryer basket and air fry at 400°F / 200°C for 15 to 18 minutes (see note 1) Remember to shake the basket half way through cooking time to ensure even cooking.
- The carrots are done when they are fork tender. Serve immediately with your favorite main dish.
- The carrots are fully cooked when they are fork tender. At 15 mins these are fork tender with some bite to them. If you want then softer, cook for 2 to 3 mins making a total of 18 mins.
Did you make this air fryer recipe? Awesome! Please rate it by clicking the stars ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ when you leave a comment below. If you loved it please share the link to this recipe with family and friends and in you favorite Facebook group.
Share your thoughts!