Yes you can make frozen potstickers or dumplings in your air fryer and it’s so easy and hassle free since you a basically reheating. Air fryer frozen potstickers can easily become one of your favorite Asian eats because it comes out nice and crispy and that’s the way we like it.
Table of Contents
- 1 Air fryer frozen potstickers dumplings, gyozas or wontons
- 2 Join our Air fryer Facebook community!
- 3 What is the best brand of frozen potstickers to use
- 4 What you need to make these air fried Asian appetizer
- 5 How to reheat frozen potstickers (dumplings) in the air fryer
- 6 Helpful tips
- 7 What to serve it potstickers with?
- 8 Other Asian inspired air fryer recipes
- 9 How to make Frozen Potstickers in the air fryer (Air fryer Dumplings)
Air fryer frozen potstickers dumplings, gyozas or wontons
I am a believer that the air fryer can do amazing things from roasting to baking to frying and it definitely did a great job with these dumplings.
Steaming and pan frying didn’t make the cut for me I prefer the crisp exterior the air fryer gives it without frying out the filing. This is the only way I would make it not only for the crispness but also for convenience.
If you were wondering if there was a difference when in comes to potstickers, gyozas, wontons and dumplings. I would say they are the same but just shaped differently. However this article says potstickers are a type of dumplings. Another is article shows you the various shapes of potstickers.
Join our Air fryer Facebook community!
What is the best brand of frozen potstickers to use
There are a variety of brands to choose from. However Ling Ling potstickers, Pagoda and Bibigo. I used the Bibigo organic potstickers (vegetable dumplings)
You can check out a taste off article comparing a diffferent brands of potstickers. Gyozas and dumplings.
What you need to make these air fried Asian appetizer
- Frozen potstickers (pot stickers), dumplings, gyozas, wontons
- Spray bottle.
How to reheat frozen potstickers (dumplings) in the air fryer
This is an overview, please see printable recipe card below for full details.
It’s easy to make these in the air fryer in few steps. grab a bag of frozen vegetable pot stickers, place chosen amount in the air fryer basket, making sure they are in a single layer and not overlapping, no need to preheat.
Spray generously with an oil spray to keep dumplings from drying out while cooking. With this the dumplings are nice delicious inside and crispy outside.
Air fryer and enjoy.
- No need to thaw. Cook from frozen
- Cook in a single layer, do not overlap the dumplings to ensure even cooking.
- Spray oil on the dumpling to coat completely. Failure to do so would result in dry dumplings.
What to serve it potstickers with?
Serve on its own with your favorite soy based dipping sauce like soy ginger sauce. Recipe to follow in the recipe card below. You can also serve with any side dish like and I have some suggestions listed below.
- Air fryer broccoli regular or Chinese broccoli
- Fried rice
- Egg drop soup
- Air fried vegetables
- Green beans
Other Asian inspired air fryer recipes
- Air fryer egg rolls
- Easy frozen spring rolls in the air fryer.
- All our air fryer frozen foods
More recipes to make in your air fryer.
- Sweet potato fries from scratch
- Teriyaki Chicken drumsticks
- Air fryer meatballs from scratch
- How to make chin chin in the air fryer.
Check out all our >>>Air fryer Recipes!
Did you find this recipe helpful? Leave me a comment about it or any recipe idea you would love Air fryer ‘yummed’ and don’t forget to share with family and friends.
Happy Air frying!
Looking for more air fryer recipes? Sign up for our yummy newsletter and Follow along on Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest and Tiktok for updates. Remember to Subscribe to my YouTube Channel for weekly videos.
Loving your air fryer much? Join other Air Fryer Buddies in our exclusive free Easy Air Fryer Recipes Group on Facebook!
New to the world of Air frying? We’ve got you covered. Check out our helpful>>> Air fryer Resources!
Love it? Pin it
How to make Frozen Potstickers in the air fryer (Air fryer Dumplings)
- 1 dozen Frozen potstickers
- spritz oil
Soy ginger dipping sauce
- ½ cup low sodium soy sauce (use tamari sauce for gluten free)
- ¼ cup rice wine vinegar
- 1 Tablespoon grated ginger
- 1 teaspoon sesame seeds (optional)
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- 1½ teaspoon honey
- 1 teaspoon oil (preferably sesame oil)
- Place frozen Potstickers /dumplings / wantons / gyoza in the air fryer basket.
- Spay dumplings till completely coated with oil
- Set temperature to 380°F / 194°C and air fry for 8 - 10 mins or to your desired level of crispy. Remember to flip half way through cooking time.
- Mix sauce ingredients and serve
- Nutrition info doesn't include the sauce.
- Do not overcrowd the basket cook in batches if needed.
- This recipe was made in a non preheated air fryer. Bear in mind that even if you do not preheat your air fryer for the first batch, subsequent batches tend to cook faster because the air fryer got preheated while cooking the firs batch of any food you are cooking in it.
Tried this with Costco dumplings. Very tough. Edges inedible. I’m thinking streaming is the only thing saving the rest of the bag from the garbage.
Air Fryer Yum says
Did you preheat the air fryer? I don’t preheat mine. If you did, it would cook in less time.
One of our Facebook group members mentioned she finds that it cooks better from thawed rather than from frozen. You could try that.
I usually cook mine from frozen, while I find that it turns out better in the microwave It has never turned out as you described in my experience. We use the air fryer for these often and we enjoy it. Hope this helps.
Thanks! This was just what I was looking for.