Tender juicy Air fryer Chicken legs doused in a keto friendly Teriyaki sauce is a perfect side to any meal and a great addition to your collection of chicken recipes. Drumsticks are my favorite part of chicken to use for this recipe, however you can actually use any part you prefer. If you love quick and easy, this is for you as it requires just a few ingredients with no breading, buttermilk or eggs.
Air fryer Chicken legs Recipe.
I love cooking chicken in my air fryer because it cooks it so well and in less time. You would appreciate your air fryer during the summer months when putting on a conventional oven is what’s least on your mind.
This Teriyaki chicken drumsticks is one recipe you need to make right now and here is why it works perfectly.
- It requires a few ingredients. Literally just oil, spice blend and Teriyaki sauce. I used store Teriyaki sauce however homemade works perfectly.
- Air frying is a healthy way of cooking no need to deep fry, which means less oil.
- Look no further for the best tender and juicy chicken legs
- It is easily adaptable to suite your lifestyle I used this sugar free teriyaki sauce to make it Keto, low carb and sugar free you can use the regular one if you are not keto.
- Chicken drumsticks
- Spice blend
- Chicken Bouillon
- Garlic powder
- Onion powder
- White pepper
- Cayenne pepper
- Teriyaki sauce
How to make the best Air fryer Chicken Legs step by step
- Pat chicken fry with paper towel. Add oil to chicken, add seasoning blend and mix in.
- Let chicken marinade for 20 mins (optional)
- Air fry to perfection.
Make ahead and how to store
Air fryer chicken legs can be made up to 3 days ahead and stored in the refrigerator. You can also season the chicken and let it marinade overnight before cooking the next day.
To reheat cooked chicken, pop into the microwave reheat.
Tips for success
- Air fryers are different therefore It’s important to read your air fryer manual as soon as you get it. That’s the first step to mastering the art of air frying.
- Dry the chicken legs thoroughly after washing with paper towel. Oil sticks better on dry chicken and this will help the spice blend stick to the chicken better.
- Cooking drumsticks of equal sizes ensures even cooking.
- Flip the legs or shake the basket half way through cooking time.
Don’t have an air fryer yet? You can make it in the oven.
Before the invention of air fryers, ovens existed. Air fryer Chicken recipes can be made in the oven and this is no different. Follow steps below to make chicken legs in the oven.
- Season Chicken as per recipe
- Arrange on a parchment paper lined baking sheet.
- Bake at 400 F for 35 to 40 mins or until a meat thermometer reads 165 F in the thickest part of the chicken
- You will need to glaze the chicken with the teriyaki sauce 5 mins before end of cooking time.
Other Air fryer Chicken recipes
- Crispy Air fryer Chicken drumsticks
- Air fryer BBQ chicken legs
- All Air fryer Keto recipes
More Air fryer Recipes
- Crispy Air fryer Bacon: Enjoy crispy bacon with less mess. Air fried to crispy perfection.
- Air fryer meatballs from scratch: these are juicy crowd pleasing meatballs and come together in less than 20 mins.
Did you find this recipe helpful? Leave me a comment about it or any recipe idea you would love Air fryer ‘yummed’ and don’t forget to share with family and friends.
Air fryer Chicken legs
- Air fryer
- 8 chicken drumsticks
- 1 Tablespoon oil
- 1 teaspoon ground Paprika
- ½ teaspoon ground Cayenne
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- ½ teaspoon ginger powder
- ¼ teaspoon white pepper
- 1 ½ teaspoon chicken bouillon
- ½ cup Sugar free teriyaki sauce
- ¼ teaspoon sesame seeds
- Wash and drain chicken. Then dry thoroughly with paper towel.
- Mix spice blend together. Add oil to chicken then add the spice blend.
- Massage into the chicken till all drumsticks are coated with oil and spice.
- Let it marinade for about 20 mins.(optional)
- Arrange in your air fryer basket and cook at 400°F / 204° C for 25 mins flipping half way through.
- After 25 mins, pull out the air fryer basket brush with teriyaki sauce on both sides.
- Push the air basket in and cook for 2-3 minutes. The internal temperature should read at least 165°F / 74°C on the meat thermometer.
You can do a double glaze on the chicken legs by pulling out after 2 mins and glazing again.
Nutritional information is an estimate and may change based on products used. Please note that nutritional data on this website should be considered estimates and used as a guide only. Under no circumstances will www.AirFryerYum.com be responsible for any loss or damage resulting from the use of this nutritional information. You are encouraged to use a nutritional calculator with the exact brands you are using to get the most accurate information for each recipe.