Got frozen cookie dough? No problem. Today we’ll be sharing tips on how to bake frozen cookies in the air fryer. Cookies that are soft in the center with crunchy edges and get ready in less that 10 mins start to finish.
If you’ve had some Pillsbury or Nestle cookie dough sitting in your refrigerator or freezer or even if it’s been made from scratch and frozen, pull it out and let’s get started, no need to thaw. If you are looking for more cookie recipes you’ll love these air fryer shortbread cookies and air fryer strawberry thumbprint cookies.
Table of Contents
There's nothing quite like biting into a warm, freshly-baked cookie, but sometimes you just don't have the time or energy to make a batch from scratch. That's where frozen cookie dough comes in handy.
With the advent of air fryers, you can have perfectly-baked cookies in a fraction of the time it would take in a conventional oven. Here's everything you need to know about baking frozen cookie dough in an air fryer.
Related: Air fryer 4th of July cookies
Why this recipe works
- Saves time - no need to mix ingredients or wait for the dough to chill.
- Convenience - keep a batch in the freezer for whenever a cookie craving strikes.
- Perfect portions - bake just a few cookies at a time, rather than a whole batch.
- Frozen cookie dough
How long to cook
Most frozen cookie dough will take between 6 to 8 minutes to cook in an air fryer. However, it's always best to keep an eye on it as it cooks especially if you are baking for the first time in your air fryer.
This is an overview of the recipe with step by step photos. Scroll down to the end of this post for a printable recipe card with the amount of ingredients and full recipe instructions.
- Place the frozen cookie dough balls on a air fryer basket or tray lined with perforated parchment paper.
- Air fry for 6 to 8 minutes or until the cookies are golden brown.
- Let cool for a few minutes before serving.
There's nothing wrong with enjoying a cookie on its own, but if you are looking for something extra, they also pair well with a cold glass of milk, hot cocoa, coffee or even a cold glass of orange juice.
How to store
If you don't plan on baking all the cookies at once, you can store the remaining dough in the freezer in an airtight container or plastic bag. When you're ready to bake more, simply follow the instructions above.
Already baked cookies can keep in an air tiff container for up to 5 days. Ensure they are cooled completely before you store.
Air frying Tips
- No need to preheat.
- Don't overcrowd the air fryer basket as this can cause uneven cooking. Bake in batches if necessary.
- Line air fryer basket or tray with parchment paper prevent the cookies from sticking.
- Keep an eye on the cookies as they cook as they can burn quickly in an air fryer.
- Experiment with cook time to achieve your desired level of crispiness and gooeyness.
Here you’ll find answers to common questions about this recipe. If your question isn’t answered, please leave us a comment below and we’ll gladly answer them.
As long as it's intended for baking in an oven, it can be cooked in an air fryer.
No, you can cook the dough straight from the freezer.
Yes you can but you might need to add additional minutes to the time stated in this recipe. But if your air fryer oven has automatic preheat, these are likely to cook at the same time. Just keep an eye on it.
Absolutely. Just follow the instructions on this recipe and add more time if needed.
Yes, many desserts can be cooked in an air fryer, such as brownies, air fryer banana muffins, and even air fryer cakes.
If you try this recipe, show it off on Instagram! Be sure to Follow and Tag @Airfryeryumblog on Instagram and use the hashtag #airfryeryumblog so we can see your recreations!
More air fryer recipes
- How to bake refrigerated cookie dough in air fryer
- Air fryer Fourth of July cookies
Check out all our >>>Air fryer Recipes!
Tools used for this recipe
Did you find this recipe helpful? Leave me a comment about it or any recipe idea you would love Air fryer ‘yummed’ and don’t forget to share with family and friends.
Happy Air frying!
Love it? Pin it! Then follow Air Fryer Yum on Pinterest for more deliciousness!
Looking for more air fryer recipes? Sign up for our yummy newsletter and Follow along on Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest and Tiktok for updates. Remember to Subscribe to my YouTube Channel for weekly videos.
Loving your air fryer much? Join other Air Fryer Buddies in our exclusive free Easy Air Fryer Recipes Group on Facebook!
New to the world of Air frying? We’ve got you covered. Check out our helpful >>> Air fryer Resources!
Shop all air fryers and air fryer accessories at our Amazon store.
Air Fryer Yum’s Pro Tip! Air fryer temperatures may vary depending on size, make and model. When making a recipe for the first time, start with less time, check for doneness then add more time as needed.
- Cosori Air fryer
- 1 Pound frozen Cookie dough
- Unwrap the Cookie dough, transfer the frozen dough balls into the air fryer basket evenly spaced.
- Bake at 350°F (I80°C) for 6 to 8 mins. If you are baking homemade frozen cookie dough, you will need to cook up to 12 mins. The important thing is to keep an eye on these.
- When it’s baked, pull out the air fryer basket and place on the counter. Let cookies cool in the basket for 8 mins before lifting out with a cookie spatula.
- Repeat process for subsequent batches. The next batches are likely to cook faster because the air fryer got preheated while cooking the first batch.
- No need to preheat. Use parchment paper to prevent the cookies from sticking to the air fryer basket.
- You can cook these straight from the frozen no need thaw. But for homemade frozen cookies these may yield tall cookies.
- Don't overcrowd the air fryer basket - leave some space between the cookies for even cooking.
- Check the cookies frequently during cooking to prevent over-browning.
- Adjust the cooking time and temperature as needed depending on your air fryer's model and brand.
Did you make this air fryer recipe? Awesome! Please rate it by clicking the stars ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ when you leave a comment below. If you loved it please share the link to this recipe with family and friends and in you favorite Facebook group.