Can you make cookies in the air fryer? These air fryer 4th of July cookies say it all. Tasty chocolate cakey cookies with red, blue and white m and m candies is what you need to make your next Fourth of July backyard party fun for the kids.
Table of Contents
- 1 Air fryer 4th of July Cookies Recipe
- 2 Join our Air fryer recipes group on Facebook!
- 3 We love these air fryer red white and blue m and m cookies because
- 4 Ingredients
- 5 How to make air fryer 4th of July cookies
- 6 What to serve with cookies
- 7 How to store
- 8 Air frying Tips
- 9 FAQs
- 10 More Air fryer Cake Mix cookies
- 11 Air fryer 4th of July cookies
Air fryer 4th of July Cookies Recipe
Since you liked my air fryer chocolate m and m cookies and these air fryer red velvet cookies from a cake mix, I figured you’ll love these cute air fryer 4th of July cookies too.
Cake mix cookies are very popular because of the convenience. They require a few ingredients and get ready quickly. You don’t need any special skills to make these 4th of July cookies in your air fryer so do not be intimidated by how good it looks.
Join our Air fryer recipes group on Facebook!
- They are quick, easy and beginner friendly.
- You can make these into small batches cookies by making mixing only a half mix and the good thing is that the ingredients can be divided equally. Also Small batch cookies help you stick to your portions if that’s your goal.
- They are Fun to make with kids
- The air fryer is an amazing kitchen appliance that makes great recipes including cookies
Related recipes: Air fryer Thumbprint cookies, how to make shortbread cookies in the air fryer.
- Pillsbury chocolate cake mix or red velvet cake mix
- Oil or melted butter
- Flour (for only Duncan Hines and Betty Crocker cake mixes)
- Red, white and blue mini m and ms
This recipe was made in the Cosori dual blaze air fryer you can get yours here for up to 20% off with code YUM while supplies last.
This is an overview of the recipe with step by step photos. Scroll down to end of post for a printable recipe card with the amount of ingredients and full recipe instructions.
Empty the chocolate cake mix into a clean dry mixing bowl. Add oil and eggs. Mix to combine preferably with a hand mixer.Add 2 tablespoons of the mini m & m candies into the dough and fold it in.
Scoop out the dough with a small cookie scoop onto your palm. roll into a ball taking care to hide the m and ms within the ball. Keep dough balls in a plate. Repeat the process till all the dough is finished.
Flatten the dough slightly just before arranging them in the parchment paper lined air fryer basket. Be sure no m and m Candy is picking out from the top because it will burn.
Air fry at 350°F/ 180°C for 6 to 8 mins. Top with the rest of the m and ms while cookies are still warm
Though Cookies most definitely can be enjoyed on their own without any dips, fillings or frosting, I’ve heard people ask what to serve with cookies to which I answer warm milk or hot chocolate.
If you are looking for what to serve with cookies for dessert then things like ice cream, dips like this air fryer s’mores dip come into play.
How to store
These air fryer cake mix cookies are best eaten on the day they are made. However they can keep for up to 3 days in an airtight container on the counter or up to 5 days in the refrigerator.
If you love warm cookies, pop these in the microwave for 10 seconds or in the air fryer for 2 to 3 minutes at 350°F / 180°C
Air frying Tips
- No need to preheat the air fryer
- Do not overcrowd the basket, leave about 2 inch spaces in between the cookie dough.
- When making air fryer cookies with Pillsbury cake mix, I like to roll and flatten the cookies after scooping the dough out with a cookie scoop because they do not spread much.
- When the cookies are baked and still soft, pop a few more mini m and ms on top of the cookies to accentuate the 4th of July colors.
- Cookies will be soft right out of the air fryer but will harden as they cool.
In this section we try to answer possibly questions that will help you get the recipe right or any commonly commonly asked questions about this recipe. If your question isn’t answered, please leave us a comment and we’ll gladly answer them
How long to air fry cookies?
Air fried cookies generally take between 6 to 10 mins to get ready depending on the temperature it’s been cooked, the type of air fryer and the type of cookie being made. These Fourth of July cookies took 7 mins to get ready in my Cosori dual blaze air fryer. It usually takes 8 mins
What is the best oil for cake mix cookies?
Any neutral tasting oil like canola oil or vegetable oil is recommended. You can also use melted butter.
How do you thicken cake batter for cookies?
The quantity of ingredients used determines the thickness of the batter when compared with a cake batter that is intended to be baked as a cake. Less liquid is used when making cookies. The brand of cake mix also matters. Some may need extra flour like Dunkin Hines and Better Crocker.
If you try this recipe, show it off on Instagram! Be sure to Follow and Tag @Airfryeryumblog on Instagram and use the hashtag #airfryeryumblog so we can see your recreations!
- Air fryer red velvet cookies with cake mix
- Chocolate cake mix cookies with m and ms
- How to make Duncan Hines cake mix cookies in the air fryer
Check out all our >>>Air fryer Recipes!
Did you find this recipe helpful? Leave me a comment about it or any recipe idea you would love Air fryer ‘yummed’ and don’t forget to share with family and friends.
Happy Air frying!
Love it? Pin it! Then follow Air Fryer Yum on Pinterest for more deliciousness!
Looking for more air fryer recipes? Sign up for our yummy newsletter and Follow along on Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest and Tiktok for updates. Remember to Subscribe to my YouTube Channel for weekly videos.
Loving your air fryer much? Join other Air Fryer Buddies in our exclusive free Easy Air Fryer Recipes Group on Facebook!
New to the world of Air frying? We’ve got you covered. Check out our helpful >>> Air fryer Resources!
Shop all air fryers and air fryer accessories at our Amazon store.
Air Fryer Yum’s Pro Tip! Air fryer temperatures may vary depending on size, make and model. When making a recipe for the first time, start with less time, check for doneness then add more time as needed.
- Cosori dual blaze Air fryer
- 1 Box 15.25 oz chocolate cake mix (Duncan Hines, Betty Crocker or Pillbury’s)
- ½ Cup oil
- 2 Large eggs
- ½ Cup Mini M & M chocolate
- 2 Tablespoons flour (optional for firmer cookies and will depend on brand of cake mix being used skip if using Pillsbury)
Make the m and m cookie dough
- Mix all ingredients together except the the m & m candies to form a dough.
- Add ½ of the m & ms to the dough. Reserve the rest for when the cookies are baked.
- Scoop cookie dough with small cookie scoop onto the palm of your hands. Roll into a ball and set aside. The goal of this is to hide the m and ms inside the ball so it doesn’t burn if it’s on top.
- Flatten cookie dough with slightly befotr transferring to the parchment paper lined air fryer basket or racks if using an oven style air fryer.
- Bake at 350°F / 180°C for 6-8 minutes. With the Cosori dual blaze it baked in 7 mins. You can add one or two minutes if yours isn’t baked at that time depending on the air fryer you are using.
- Pull out basket, gently push in the rest of the m and m candies into the top of the cookies then let the cookies cool for 5 mins before lifting out of the air fryer basket.
- Repeat process for second batch.
- Recipe makes 20 cookies depending on size of cookie scoop.
- Leave space in between cookies as they will spread slightly
- Leave out the 2 tablespoons of flour if the though is thick enough
- Add the 2 Tablespoons or more it baking in a high altitude location.
- The cookies will be soft right after baking. They firm up as they cool.
- If you put the m and ms on top of the cookies before baking they will burn. That’s why I put them right after baking.
Did you make these Air fryer 4th of July Cookies? Awesome! Please rate it by clicking the stars ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ when you leave a comment below. If you loved it please share the link to this recipe with family and friends and in you favorite Facebook group.
Share your thoughts!