Are you wondering if you can make grilled pineapple in air fryer? Good news, Air fryer pineapple is the perfect fruit recipe to make in the air fryer. It turns out warm, sweet and oh so delicious. A scoop of vanilla ice cream on these chunks make a world of difference and literally takes this dessert to a whole new level of yum!
Table of Contents
- 1 Can you air fry pineapples?
- 2 Why you’ll love this recipe
- 3 Ingredients (with Substitutions)
- 4 How long to cook pineapples in air fryer
- 5 How to make air fryer pineapple
- 6 What to serve with this recipe
- 7 How to store and reheat
- 8 Air frying Tips
- 9 FAQs
- 10 More air fryer recipes
- 11 Air fryer pineapple (Grilled pineapple in air fryer)
Can you air fry pineapples?
Oh yes! Pineapple is one of our favorite fruits to make in the air fryer. The cinnamon and brown sugar glaze creates a delightful caramelized texture to the exterior while leaving the inside soft, warm and delicious.
This air fryer pineapple recipe is comfort food at it’s finest. If you’d like to take grilled pineapples to the next level, you must try our famous air fryer bacon wrapped pineapple too. They are so good!
Related: Air fryer peaches
Why you’ll love this recipe
- Healthy Snack: Air fryer pineapple is a healthy snack that is low in calories and high in nutrients. It is a great alternative to high-calorie snacks like chips and candy.
- Quick and Easy: Cooking pineapple in an air fryer is quick and easy. It only takes a few minutes to cook and requires minimal preparation.
- Delicious: This is a delicious snack that has a sweet and caramelized flavor. It is perfect for satisfying your sweet tooth without overindulging in unhealthy treats.
- Versatile: This is a versatile snack that can be enjoyed on its own or as part of a recipe. It can be used in smoothies, salads, and as a topping for desserts.
Join our Air fryer recipes group on Facebook!
Ingredients (with Substitutions)
- One Fresh ripe pineapple cut into chunks or rings.
- Butter (substitute with coconut oil, vegan butter or margarine to keep this plant based)?
- Brown sugar (substitute with maple syrup or honey) do not use honey if you’re making these for vegan friends.
How long to cook pineapples in air fryer
Cooking time for air fryer pineapple depends on the thickness of the slices and the desired level of caramelization. In general, it takes about 13-15 minutes to cook pineapple slices in an air fryer at 380°F in a non preheated air fryer.
How to make air fryer pineapple
This is an overview of the recipe with step by step photos. Scroll down to the end of this post for a printable recipe card with the amount of ingredients and full recipe instructions.
Peel and core pineapple with a knife or pineapple corer. Slice and cut into even chunks.
Mix the melted butter, brown sugar and cinnamon. Pour it over the pineapple chunks and toss gently to combine.
Transfer glazed pineapple chunks into the air fryer basket and air fry at 380°F for 13 to 15 mins or until your desired level of caramelization. Ensure you flip these half day through for even caramelization.
What to serve with this recipe
Air fryer pineapple can be served on its own as a snack or as part of a recipe. It can be used in smoothies, salads, and as a topping for desserts. It pairs well with grilled meats and seafood.
If you’ve not tried these yet with vanilla ice cream, then I don’t know what to tell you. Grilled pineapples and ice cream are literally the best combo. Yum!
How to store and reheat
These are best served immediately, I haven’t had to store and reheat these so I can’t tell how long they’ll keep in the refrigerator. If you do leftovers I’d suggest you refrigerate in an airtight container and consume within 2 days.
You can enjoy these cold with ice cream with no need to reheat. However if you do want it warm, transfer to the air fryer and reheat at 350°F / 180°C for 2 to 3 minutes or until heated through.
Air frying Tips
- There’s no need to preheat the air fryer.
- Use fresh pineapples for best flavor. Cut pineapple chunks into uniform sizes to ensure they cook evenly.
- Drain off the juice from the bowl of the cut pineapple before tossing in the cinnamon and brown sugar glaze.
- Flip the pineapple slices halfway through cooking to ensure they brown and caramelize evenly.
- You are likely to have a bit of glaze left in the bowl after putting it in the air fryer. Brush it on the pineapple chunks, when you flip the pineapples.
- Let the pineapple cool for a few minutes before serving to avoid burns.
Here you’ll find answers to common questions about this recipe. If your question isn’t answered, please leave us a comment below and we’ll gladly answer them.
Fresh pineapple is recommended for the best flavor, but canned pineapple can be used as a substitute.
It’s perfectly safe to cook pineapple in the air fryer. In fact, the direct heat from the air fryer caramelizes the natural sugars in the pineapple, giving it a delicious flavor.
Air fryer fruits are the best. You can also put other fruits in the air fryer. Fruits like apples, pears, and peaches are great for air frying.
You can use 4 canned pineapples for the recipe.
Yes, you can make air fryer pineapple with pineapple rings. Just be sure to adjust the cooking time accordingly, as pineapple rings may take longer to cook than chunks.
If you try this recipe, show it off on Instagram! Be sure to Follow and Tag @Airfryeryumblog on Instagram and use the hashtag #airfryeryumblog so we can see your recreations!
More air fryer recipes
Check out all our >>>Air fryer Recipes!
Tools used for this recipe
The links below may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon associate and affiliate to other merchants, this website may earn from qualifying purchases. Please read full disclosure here
- This recipe was made using the Cosori dual blaze air fryer
- Sharp Knife or Pineapple corer
- Chopping board
- Mixing bowl and Silicon spatula
- Perforated Parchment paper or perforated silicon Mat (optional)
- Kitchen tongs (optional)
- Heat resistant mat for your counter top
- Meal prep bowls for storage and easy reheating
Did you find this recipe helpful? Leave me a comment about it or any recipe idea you would love Air fryer ‘yummed’ and don’t forget to share with family and friends.
Happy Air frying!
Love it? Pin it! Then follow Air Fryer Yum on Pinterest for more deliciousness!
Looking for more air fryer recipes? Sign up for our yummy newsletter and Follow along on Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest and Tiktok for updates. Remember to Subscribe to my YouTube Channel for weekly videos.
Loving your air fryer much? Join other Air Fryer Buddies in our exclusive free Easy Air Fryer Recipes Group on Facebook!
New to the world of Air frying? We’ve got you covered. Check out our helpful >>> Air fryer Resources!
Shop all air fryers and air fryer accessories at our Amazon store.
Air Fryer Yum’s Pro Tip! Air fryer temperatures may vary depending on size, make and model. When making a recipe for the first time, start with less time, check for doneness then add more time as needed.
Air fryer pineapple (Grilled pineapple in air fryer)
- 1 Medium Ripe Pineapple (about 4 cups)
- 2 tablespoon Salted Butter (melted)
- 1½ teaspoon Cinnamon
- 4 Tablespoons Brown sugar
- Cut the top and bottom off the pineapple and slice off the skin.
- Cut the pineapple into slices that are about 1 inch thick remove core then cut to quarters for chunks
- Pat pineapple chunks dry after draining off any juices this will help the glaze stick better.
- In a small bowl, mix together the melted butter, brown sugar, cinnamon to form the glaze
- Pour glaze into bowl of pineapple chunks, then toss to combine.
- Place the pineapple chunks in a single layer in the air fryer basket of tray. Do not overcrowd the basket. Cook in batches if needed.
- Air fry at 380°F / 190°C for 12 to 15 minutes, flipping halfway through cooking.
- Once the pineapple is golden brown and caramelized, remove it from the air fryer and let it cool for a few minutes before serving.
Did you make this air fryer recipe? Awesome! Please rate it by clicking the stars ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ when you leave a comment below. If you loved it please share the link to this recipe with family and friends and in you favorite Facebook group.
Share your thoughts!