Air fryer Ritz crackers pizza is a super easy 4 ingredient snack or appetizer that perfect for any occasion! Pizza crackers are always a hit in my home cos it’s also a great after school snack that comes together in no time.
These mini pizza crackers bites are usually baked in the oven till the cheese melts but today we will cut the time in more than half by baking it in the air fryer. So how does air fried Ritz crackers pizza sound? Tell me in the comments.
Table of Contents
- 1 Easy air fryer Ritz crackers pizza recipe
- 2 Why we love air fried pizza crackers
- 3 Join our Air fryer recipes group on Facebook!
- 4 Ingredients (with Substitutions)
- 5 How long to cook Ritz Pizza crackers in the air fryer
- 6 How to make pizza crackers in the air fryer
- 7 What to serve with Ritz crackers pizza
- 8 How to store and reheat
- 9 Air frying Tips
- 10 FAQs
- 11 More air fryer pizza recipes
- 12 Air Fryer Ritz Crackers Pizza (Pizza crackers)
Easy air fryer Ritz crackers pizza recipe
Ritz crackers pizza is a popular snack that’s made by topping Ritz crackers with pizza sauce, meltable cheese(like mozzarella) and other desired toppings such as pepperoni, bacon bits, vegetables, and herbs.
With the pizza base being Ritz crackers which serves as a crispy, buttery crust. This is a fun and unique twist on traditional pizza. It's a great snack for parties, game day, or a quick snack for the kids.
Related: Air fryer bacon ritz crackers, Air fryer bacon wrapped crackers, air fryer game day recipes
Why we love air fried pizza crackers
- Perfect bite size appetizer: The small size of these mini pizzas makes them perfect for parties,
- Versatility: The variety of toppings that can be used allows for a lot of creativity and the ability to please a crowd.
- Quick and easy: Ritz crackers pizza is a popular recipe because it is a quick and easy way to make mini pizzas that are both delicious and convenient.
- Tasty The Ritz crackers provide a crispy, buttery crust that is a great base for the pizza toppings, and the combination of the crackers and cheese creates a satisfyingly rich and savory flavor.
- Easy to prepare: This is often used as a snack or party appetizer because it’s easy to prepare and easy to make a large quantity.
Join our Air fryer recipes group on Facebook!
Ingredients (with Substitutions)
- Ritz crackers or Glutino crackers for a gluten free option
- Pizza sauce. Here’s my favorite homemade sugar free pizza sauce.
- Shredded Mozzarella cheese: Have block of cheese? Here’s how to shred cheese in easy steps
- Pepperoni and or bacon bits: You can use any topping you like but they need to be fully cooked topping
Tools used for this recipe
The links below may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon associate and affiliate to other merchants, this website may earn from qualifying purchases. Please read full disclosure here
- I’ve use both my Cosori dual blaze air fryer and Cosori 5.8qt air fryer to make this recipe.
- Perforated Parchment paper or perforated silicon Mat
- Sharp Knife or kitchen shears to cut pepperoni into quarters
- Cookie spatula to lift out the mini pizza when they cool
- Heat resistant mat for your counter top
- Meal prep bowls for storage and easy reheating
How long to cook Ritz Pizza crackers in the air fryer
This is a quick air fryer recipe because all you actually need is for the cheese to melt. It takes about 3 to 4 mins at 400°F / 200°C in a non preheated air fryer for these mini pizza bites to be ready.
However bear in mind that air fryers cook differently. This timing is for my Cosori air fryers and should work for most basket style air fryer with a wattage of 1700. If cooking cooking for the first time, it’s ok to check often to ensure it’s cooking properly.
How to make pizza crackers in the air fryer
This is an overview of the recipe with step by step photos. Scroll down to the end of this post for a printable recipe card with the amount of ingredients and full recipe instructions.
Gather your ingredients. add a dollop of pizza sauce on each cracker. Spread it on the cracker. Add the shredded cheese on the top of the pizza sauce.
Transfer to air fryer basket. Do not add the pepperoni or bacon at this point. Air fry at 400°F / 200°C for 2 minutes to melt the cheese slightly. Then gently press the topping on the cheese. Continue air frying for another minute or two till the cheese melts completely.
What to serve with Ritz crackers pizza
These are already so good on its own. However my kids love dipping pizza crackers in pizza sauce, bbq sauce and ranch
How to store and reheat
These are best consumed on the day they are made. They can keep for up to 2 days in the refrigerator. Let it cool down completely, then line a clean and dry bowl with paper towels.
Place the ritz crackers pizza in the lined bowl, close it tightly then store in the refrigerator for up to 2 days.
Reheating: I don’t recommend using the microwave for this. Reheat in the air fryer at 400°F for 1 to 2 mins.
Air frying Tips
- No need to preheat the air fryer.
- Cut the pepperoni into quarters or eighths
- Let the pizza cool slightly before lifting it out because the crackers would be a bit soft but hardens as it cools.
- Use only fully cooked toppings for this recipe since it cooks for a really short time.
- You can use Saltine crackers, Soda crackers or Triscuits for this recipe if you don’t have Ritz around.
Here you’ll find answers to common questions about this recipe. If your question isn’t answered, please leave us a comment below and we’ll gladly answer them.
Pizza crackers or Ritz crackers pizza is a popular appetizer or snack that involves using crackers (usually Ritz) as the crust for a mini pizza bites which is then topped with Pizza sauce, Mozzarella cheese, Pepperoni, or any other cooked topping of choice. This is then baked or air fried till the cheese melts.
These are two different things. Pizza crackers are pizza bites that use crackers as the crust for the pizza. Cracker crust pizza refers to super thin pizza crust. This is usually a regular pizza crust not crackers.
Don’t put the toppings at the beginning, let the cheese melt slightly for a couple of minutes to create a cheese glue for your toppings.
The crackers are not soggy but they are slightly soft. It actually makes it more like a real pizza crust. This is different from how the crackers in my bacon ritz appetizer turns out those turn out crispy because it comes in contact with oil (from the bacon) so it gets crispy. Pizza crackers are different because the pizza sauce is more of water based.
Ritz crackers are not gluten free. You can use these Glutino crackers as an gluten free alternative to ritz crackers to make this recipe
If you try this recipe, show it off on Instagram! Be sure to Follow and Tag @Airfryeryumblog on Instagram and use the hashtag #airfryeryumblog so we can see your recreations!
More air fryer pizza recipes
- Air fryer pizza toast
- Air fryer naan bread pizza
- Air fryer French bread pizza
Check out all our >>>Air fryer Recipes!
Did you find this recipe helpful? Leave me a comment about it or any recipe idea you would love Air fryer ‘yummed’ and don’t forget to share with family and friends.
Happy Air frying!
Love it? Pin it! Then follow Air Fryer Yum on Pinterest for more deliciousness!
Looking for more air fryer recipes? Sign up for our yummy newsletter and Follow along on Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest and Tiktok for updates. Remember to Subscribe to my YouTube Channel for weekly videos.
Loving your air fryer much? Join other Air Fryer Buddies in our exclusive free Easy Air Fryer Recipes Group on Facebook!
New to the world of Air frying? We’ve got you covered. Check out our helpful >>> Air fryer Resources!
Shop all air fryers and air fryer accessories at our Amazon store.
Air Fryer Yum’s Pro Tip! Air fryer temperatures may vary depending on size, make and model. When making a recipe for the first time, start with less time, check for doneness then add more time as needed.
Air Fryer Ritz Crackers Pizza (Pizza crackers)
- 1 Sleeve Ritz crackers
- ½ cup pizza sauce
- ¾ Cup Shredded Mozzarella cheese
- 15 pepperoni slices cut into fourths or eighths
- ¼ cup bacon crumbles (optional)
- Spread ½ teaspoon of pizza sauce on each cracker
- Add 1 teaspoon of mozzarella cheese on each cracker over the pizza sauce.
- Transfer crackers to the air fryer basket, set temperature to 400°F / 200°C and air fry for 2 mins. This will melt the cheese ti create a cheese glue for your pepperoni or bacon bits.
- Press the pepperoni or whatever toppings you are using on the melted cheese. Then put the air fryer basket back into the air fryer and air fryer for another 1 to 2 mins at 400°F / 200°C so the cheese is fully melted.
- Do not attempt to get the pizza crackers out immediately or they would break. Let it cool for a minute in the basket before lifting out with a cookie spatula.
- Transfer to an cooling rack, then continue with the other batches.
- Serve warm.
- Preheat oven to 350°F
- Place the assembled pizza crackers toppings included on a parchment paper lined baking sheet.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 7 to 8 mins or until cheese is melted.
- Alternatively use the broiler function and get these melted in less than 5 mins
- This was tested in a non preheated air fryer. Subsequent batches will likely cook faster because the air fryer got preheated while making the first so keep an eye on it.
- When the crackers are hot, they would be soft. Don’t worry, they crisp up as they cool.
- Let the cheese melt slightly before adding the toppings.
- Use only fully cooked toppings because these don’t cook for long.
Did you make this air fryer recipe? Awesome! Please rate it by clicking the stars ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ when you leave a comment below. If you loved it please share the link to this recipe with family and friends and in you favorite Facebook group.
Share your thoughts!