Air fryer Pizza toast is a super easy and tasty snack that gets ready in less that 10 mins. This recipe is traditionally made in the oven, making it in the air fryer takes it up a notch by making your life easier and saving you time.
If you’ve ever wondered how to make pizza toast with bread slices without an oven, this easy recipe is right up your alley!
Table of Contents
- 1 Pizza toast recipe
- 2 Join our Air fryer recipes group on Facebook!
- 3 Why make pizza toast in the air fryer
- 4 Ingredients
- 5 How to make Pizza toast in the Air fryer or Oven
- 6 Storage instructions
- 7 Variations of this recipe
- 8 Topping ideas
- 9 Air frying Tips
- 10 Frequently asked questions
- 11 More air fryer bread recipes
- 12 Air fryer Pizza Toast
Pizza toast recipe
Just like my Air fryer Naan bread pizza and tortizza recipes, this recipe is an easy homemade pizza with bread. The perfect treat for kids and adults alike. Goes with a variety of sides if you are considering making these for dinner.
It sits pretty in kids school lunch boxes hello back to school lunch ideas or after school snacks, this air fryer recipe is one of my go tos and TBH, bread pizza is a win win in my opinion.
Why make pizza toast in the air fryer
- The air fryer is an amazing kitchen appliance that’s cooks almost everything an oven cooks and in less time. These get ready in less than 10 mins from start to finish no need to heat up your house.
- This open sandwich (that’s actually what this is) is a perfect beginner friendly air fryer recipe any one can make!
- Budget friendly
- Easily adaptable: The type of bread or toppings used to make pizza toast is easily adaptable to suit your or lifestyle.
Related: how to reheat pizza in air fryer, Air fryer canned biscuit pizza
- Pizza sauce
- Mozzarella cheese
- Your favorite toppingst
Bread: Use your favorite bread for this recipe. If you have dietary needs like gluten free, dairy free, egg free or you are living a plant based lifestyle, you can use gluten free bread, vegan bread etc.
Butter: Use oil or vegan butter or leave it out buy it helps toast the bread better.
Toppings: Use whatever toppings you like. I used Pepperoni and Canadian bacon. Use which toppings you like.
How to make Pizza toast in the Air fryer or Oven
This is an overview of the recipe with step by step photos. Scroll down to end of post for a printable recipe card with the amount of ingredients and full recipe instructions. In the mean time, gather your ingredients and let’s get started.
Spread butter on one side of bread, place buttered side up in the air fryer basket. Set temperature to 400°F / 200°C and toast for 3 minutes.
Flip over do the unbuttered side is now facing up. Spread pizza sauce on the bread, add the mozzarella cheese and toppings. Return air fryer basket or tray back into air fryer. Set temperature to 400°F / 200°C and air fryer for another 3 minutes or until mozzarella cheese is melted and toppings bubbly.
Don’t have an air fryer yet? Or want to make a larger quantity, you can use the oven and here’s how.
Preheat oven to 400°F / 200°C / Gas mark 6. Place bread in a parchment lined baking sheet and toast for about 4 to 5 mins till it’s beginning to toast.
Bring out from the oven and spread the pizza sauce, add mozzarella cheese and toppings. Put back in the oven and bake for another 8 to 10 mins or until cheese is melted.
Let pizza toast cool down completely then store in the refrigerator placing each slice in between wax paper or parchment paper and store in an air tight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
Reheat in the air fryer at 350°F / 175°C for 3 to 4 minutes or until heated through. You can also reheat in the microwave. Place pizza on a paper towel lined microwave safe plate and reheat at 10 secs intervals until heated through.
Variations of this recipe
- Hawaiian toast
- Texas toast pizza
- French toast pizza
- Japanese Pizza toast
- Pizza Bagels
- The meats
- Italian sausage
- Bacon crumbles
- Vegan / Vegetarian
- Bell peppers
Air frying Tips
- For crispy crust lovers, pre- toasting the bread is the secret to a nice and crispy crust. You can skip this step if you are not particular about crispy crusts.
- Butter one side of the bread for flavor and to ensure it crisps up nicely.
- Switch up your toppings game to your favorites. Feel free to mix and match.
- If making in the oven, triple this recipe and you can use the air fryer or toaster to pre-toast the bread instead of the oven.
Frequently asked questions
What is pizza on bread called?
Pizza on bread is called bread pizza or Pizza toast.
How many calories in Pizza toast
These contain 167 calories per serving
What is Japanese Pizza toast?
Japanese pizza toast is a variation of pizza toast made with Japanese milk bread.
Can you make pizza toast in the microwave?
You can also make pizza toast in the microwave. Toast the bread first then top with your favorite toppings (no raw toppings) then microwave at 20 secs intervals till cheese is melted. Usually takes about 45 to 50 secs in my microwave.
Did you find this recipe helpful? Leave me a comment about it or any recipe idea you would love Air fryer ‘yummed’ and don’t forget to share with family and friends.
Happy Air frying!
Love it? Pin it!
Looking for more air fryer recipes? Sign up for our yummy newsletter and Follow along on Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest and Tiktok for updates. Remember to Subscribe to my YouTube Channel for weekly videos.
Loving your air fryer much? Join other Air Fryer Buddies in our exclusive free Easy Air Fryer Recipes Group on Facebook!
New to the world of Air frying? We’ve got you covered. Check out our helpful >>> Air fryer Resources!
Shop all air fryers and air fryer accessories at our Amazon store.
Air Fryer Yum’s Pro Tip! Air fryer temperatures may vary depending on size, make and model. When making a recipe for the first time, start with less time, check for doneness then add more time as needed.
Air fryer Pizza Toast
- Cosori Air Fryer 5.8qt
- 2 slices bread
- ½ Tablespoon butter (Softened or melted)
- ¼ cup Pizza sauce
- ¼ cup Shredded mozzarella cheese
- 8 Pieces Mini pepperoni
- 2 Slices Canadian bacon (cut into quarts)
Toast bread slices
- Spread butter on one side of each slice of bread. Place bread in the air fryer basket, buttered side up
- Set temperature to 400°F / 200°C and air fry for 3 to 4 mins. Flip bread slices to over
- Spread pizza sauce on the unbuttered side of bread slices, add the mozzarella cheese, pepperoni and Canadian bacon.
Air fryer instructions
- Air fry at 400°F / 200°C for 3 mins or until cheese is melted.
- Lift out with a pancake spatula and serve.
- My Cosori air fryer basket can take up to 4 slices of bread. See images in blog post for how I achieved that. If you can’t fit all four, it’s ok to toast 2 at a time.
- I didn’t preheat my air fryer. Bear in mind that subsequent batches will likely toast faster because the air fryer was preheated while the first batch was toasting.
Did you make this recipe? Awesome! Please rate it by clicking the stars ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ when you leave a comment below. Also be sure to Follow & Tag @AirFryerYumBlog on Instagram when you make any of our recipes. We are honored and would love to see your recreations of our recipes!