Air fryer tacos are easy to make whether you are setting up a mini taco bar or just enjoying this delight with your homemade air fried taco shells or the store bought shells, you will enjoy whipping up this Mexican delight right in your air fryer.
Air fryer Tacos recipe.
We try to incorporate a variety of meals in my family menu. Tacos are gradually leaving Tuesdays and getting into other days just like our pizza Fridays are beginning to feature on days it shouldn’t especially with the ease of reheating leftover pizza in the air fryer.
Well if you try making tacos in the air fryer, I think you would love it. Any air fryer works for this recipe and likewise fish, salmon or ground beef tacos work perfectly in the air fryer.
What you need to make it.
Depending on the type of taco you are making, choose your filling. You will need the following ingredients.
- Corn Tortillas for hard shell taco or flour tortillas for soft taco
- Cooked Taco Ground beef, Chicken, Turkey or fish
- Cooked black beans
- Pico de gallo
- Shredded cheddar cheese
How to make Air fryer Tacos two ways
You can use store bought taco shells or make yours. You can also fill the tortillas and air fry. You can make soft tacos too.
1. Making and reheating Hard Taco shells
If you are using homemade Air fryer taco shells or store bought, the process is will be shorter since all you would be doing is simply reheating the taco shells slightly while the filling warms up and cheese melts.
If you don’t want to make the hard taco shells first, gently fill the soft corn tortillas with taco meat then place filled and slightly folded tortillas side by side in the air fryer. Try to keep them close so the sides touch. This will help them stand and form hard tacos shells in the air fryer
2. For Soft Tacos
You really don’t need the air fryer for this. You can simply warm it up in the microwave. However if you’d like to use the air fryer for it, set temperature to 300°F / 150°C and warm up for about a minute or two.
- I recommend you use corn tortillas for hard shell tacos and flour tortillas for soft tacos. The corn tortillas tend to crisp up better for hard shell tacos.
- A little spritz of oil also makes the shells crispy.
More Taco Tuesday Recipes
Air fryer recipes others are making
Check out all our >>>Air fryer Recipes!
Did you find this recipe helpful? Leave me a comment about it or any recipe idea you would love Air fryer ‘yummed’ and don’t forget to share with family and friends.
Happy Air frying!
Loving your air fryer much? Join other Air Fryer Buddies in our exclusive free Easy Air Fryer Recipes Group on Facebook!
New to the world of Air frying? We’ve got you covered. Check out our helpful >>> Air fryer Resources!
Air fryer Tacos
- Air fryer
- 6 Homemade Taco Shells or Store bought.
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 medium onion
- 3 Tablespoons Taco seasoning
- 1 cup Tomato sauce
- 1 cup Pico de Gallo
- 1 Cup Avocado slices or cubes
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
Make the taco meat
- Sauté onions in olive oil, till soft and fragrant
- Add the ground beef, break up ground beef to small bits and cook till browned and no longer pink
- Drains some of the fat off the skillet if any. Then add the taco seasoning and tomato sauce. Turn heat down to a simmer and cook for up to 5 mins.
- Taste for seasoning and adjust accordingly. Turn off heat and set aside
Assembling the Tacos
- Scoop taco meat onto the Taco shells
- Scoop on some Pico de Gallo, then top it off with some shredded cheddar cheese.
- The warm taco meat should melt the cheese slightly. However if it doesn’t, place the tacos in the air fryer basket and air fry at 330°F / 165°C for about a minute to melt the cheese
- You can either use soft or hard taco shells for this recipe.
Nutritional information is an estimate and may change based on products used. Please read full nutrition disclaimer here.