This S’mores dip recipe is one you need to have. You can make this without an oven with just your trusty air fryer and a mini skillet. My kids can’t have enough of it! It’s a nice campfire treat to enjoy with your family once in a while and you can make this happen indoors and in your Air fryer with just 2 ingredients!
Table of Contents
- 1 S’mores dip Recipe
- 2 Join our Air fryer recipes group on Facebook!
- 3 Tools and Ingredients needed to make s’mores dip in the Air fryer
- 4 How to make Air Fryer S’mores dip (without an Oven)
- 5 Don’t have an Air fryer? No problem
- 6 What to serve with S’mores dip.
- 7 Can you reheat S’mores dip?
- 8 More Air fryer Desserts
- 9 Air fryer s’mores dip recipe
S’mores dip Recipe
That gooey and decadent combination of melted Chocolate, melted, stretchy marshmallows and Graham crackers brings the campfire experience right in doors in the comfort of your kitchen.
Making s’mores dip in the oven is a very popular method of making this recipe. However today I proudly bring to you a no oven version with the Air fryer!
Air fryer s’mores dip is so easy to make, gets ready in less time than in the oven and browns just right! All that’s needed is a few minutes of your time, a mini skillet or 6 inch cake pan, your ingredients and your air fryer.
Join our Air fryer recipes group on Facebook!
Tools and Ingredients needed to make s’mores dip in the Air fryer
- Milk or Dark Chocolate: You can use any chocolate you like for this recipe. Chocolate bars or Chocolate chips, milk chocolate, semi sweet or dark chocolate works perfectly. However you need to make sure it’s a good quality chocolate like Ghiradelli chocolate. You can also use sugar free chocolate if you prefer.
- Marshmallows: I used mini marshmallows to make my Air fryer s’mores because that’s what I had available and also because it was easier to handle based on the size of the skillet and the fact that my air fryer is the basket type. However feel free to use the jumbo size.
- Air fryer: This recipe can work in any air fryer brand however I used the gourmia air fryer and Cosori to test it out.
- 6 inch cast iron Skillet
- Oven mitts: This will help with lifting out the skillet when we are done.
How to make Air Fryer S’mores dip (without an Oven)
Now to the fun part! How do we make Air fryer S’mores?
Step 1-3: Add the chocolate chips or bars to the bottom of the 6 inch skillet. Put it in the Air fryer to melt the chocolate slightly. Then top it with marshmallows.
Step 4-6: Air fry till the marshmallows melt and brown at the top. Enjoy with Graham crackers.
Don’t have an Air fryer? No problem
If you don’t have an air fryer just yet, you can conveniently make this is the oven or microwave. However the microwave version won’t give you that golden brown toasted marshmallows look.
If making in the oven you can use a bigger skillet and jumbo sized marshmallows to make a bigger dip.
Make it in the oven:
- Preheat your oven to 350°F / 176°C
- Fill the bottom of skillet with a layer of chocolate chips
- Place the skillet in the oven for about 2 - 3 mins till the Chocolate chips melt but still hold their shape.
- Remove from the oven and arrange marshmallows on top in a single layer.
- Return Back to the oven let marshmallows melt. You can use the broil function to get the top toasty.
Make it in the Microwave
- Layer Chocolate chips and Marshmallow in a microwave safe dish.
- Microwave at 30 mins intervals until the marshmallows melt. Takes about 90 secs depending on the quantity you are making.
What to serve with S’mores dip.
Traditionally s’mores dip is enjoyed with Graham crackers however nothing stops you from dipping any thing that goes with chocolate in there.
You can serve Air fryer s’mores dip with other cookies and fruits which include
- Shortbread Rounds
- Vanilla wafers
- Apple slices
Can you reheat S’mores dip?
S’mores dip takes a few minutes and is best enjoyed right after you make it. However you might be wondering if this can be made ahead and reheated. Yes it can be made ahead and eaten the next day.
If you must make ahead, follow the steps below to get the best out of your Air fryer S’mores dip the next day.
- Make the S’mores dip as per recipe.
- Take it out of the air fryer and let it sit on the counter to cool completely.
- Once cooled completely, cover with a cling film and leave overnight on the counter or in the refrigerator.
S’mores dip can be reheated in your air fryer and it becomes all gooey again. Whether left on the counter or in the refrigerator, the chocolate will harden on cooling. To reheat the s’mores dip, preheat your air fryer at 400°F / 204°C for 3 mins.
I usually don’t preheat my air fryer for most recipes however, recall that chocolate can get burned from over cooking so I need the air fry warmed up so that it can reheat the the quickly on a lower heat.
When the oven is preheated, reduce heat to 350°F / 176°C then put the overnight s’mores dip in the air fryer basket. Set timer for 2 mins for cold dip and 1 minute if it was left on the kitchen counter.
Reheating in the air fryer works like a dream just like this air fryer reheated leftover pizza slices.
More Air fryer Desserts
- Air fryer Banana Chocolate muffins
- Yummy Air fryer cupcakes
- Air fryer S’mores
More Air fryer Recipes
- Air fryer Mozzarella Sticks (from frozen)
- Less mess Crispy Air fryer Bacon
- Juicy Air fryer Meatballs from scratch.
- Air fryer Chicken Recipes
Check out all our >>>Air fryer Recipes!
Did you find this recipe helpful? Leave me a comment about it or any recipe idea you would love Air fryer ‘yummed’ and don’t forget to share with family and friends.
Happy Air frying!
Love it? Pin it!
Looking for more air fryer recipes? Sign up for our yummy newsletter and Follow along on Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest and Tiktok for updates. Remember to Subscribe to my YouTube Channel for weekly videos.
Loving your air fryer much? Join other Air Fryer Buddies in our exclusive free Easy Air Fryer Recipes Group on Facebook!
New to the world of Air frying? We’ve got you covered. Check out our helpful >>> Air fryer Resources!
Shop all air fryers and air fryer accessories at our Amazon store.
New to Air frying? Check out our >>> Air fryer Resources!
Air fryer s’mores dip recipe
- 6 inch skillet or 6 x 2 inch cake pan
- Oven mitts
- 1 cup Milk Chocolate chips
- 1 Cup Marshmallows
- Pour Chocolate chips into the skillet in one layer.
- Put it in the air fryer, set temperature to 350°F / 176°F for 1 minute till chocolate is melted but still holds it’s shape.
- Pull out the basket of the air fryer arrange the marshmallows on top of the chocolate and press down gently so it sticks (this will prevent it from flying around in the air fryer.)
- Push the air fryer basket back in, set temp to 400°F for 2 minutes
- When cooking cycle is complete, pull out basket and lift out the skillet gently using kitchen mitts.
- Serve immediately with Graham crackers or other serving suggestions listed in the post.
first of all, thank you. I can't wait to try it. In the microwave, it says 30 min intervals, I don't think that's right...right?
Air Fryer Yum says
You are right it’s definitely not 30 mins intervals my goodness! It’s 30 secs intervals and would also depend on the size of container you are using. If you are making a single serving in a ramekin, you’ll want to go as low as 5 secs intervals. Hope that helps. Thank you for pointing that out. I’ll fix it ASAP. Enjoy!
I want to teleport myself into this smores dip right now; girl, my mouth is watering! I have some graham crackers, but I need this dip to make this dream happen! Looks so good!
Glad you like the idea. You would love it. Thank you for taking out time to leave me a comment. I appreciate you sis!
Okay this is incredible! I mostly use my air fryer to heat up leftovers, but knowing that it can make delicious s'mores is downright dangerous! 😀
Jere Cassidy says
Yes, I am the one without an airfryer, but I do have lots of iron skillets and I am so making this smores dip, it looks amazing and so much fun to eat.
Oh my goodness! This looks amazing and so yummy! I can’t wait to give this a try! This is going to be a big hit here at the house!
Lima Ekram says
I had no idea you could make smores in an air fryer - what a great idea! On a side note I just wanted to say that your photography is stunning and I really enjoyed reading your post!!
Omg, this looks amazing, and as a bonus you can make it in the air fryer! Will be definitely trying this treat soon.