Reheat Pizza in an Air Fryer? Oh yes! If you are looking to reheat leftovers that won’t get soggy, the Air fryer is your friend. It reheats to perfection, no more hot spots or over cooked pizza with soggy crust in the microwave. Believe me, when you try this, you won’t want to reheat your pizza any other way!
Reheating Pizza in an air fryer
We all love pizza in our home. Well especially the kids. Pizza night always come with leftovers whether homemade or takeout!
Until I got my air fryer, reheating pizza in the microwave was our go to method because we didn’t want to turn on the oven just for a few slices of pizza.
After reheating pizza in air fryer! My goodness I couldn’t reheat our leftovers any other way and here’s why.
Why You Should Reheat Pizza in Air Fryer.
- It heats up the pizza evenly, no hot and cold pockets of cheese that can burn your tongue.
- Pizza crust crisps up nicely in the Air fryer.
- No need to turn on your oven for only 2 - 3 slices of pizza especially during the summer months.
- The kids can help out without worrying about getting hurt by the oven.
- You can reheat pizza in any air fryer brand you have; Gourmia, Cosori, Ninja, Pampered chef or Power XL.
How to Reheat Pizza in air fryer
It’s super easy to reheat leftover pizza in the air fryer and I will show you exactly how we do it. By the way our favorite take out pizza is Dominos and it reheats perfectly in the air fryer.
You really don’t need to preheat the air fryer or use parchment paper liner for this, simply place leftovers in the air fryer basket, set timer to 350°F.
I decided to use perforated parchment liner to prevent melted cheese from sticking on my air fryer basket. Note that if you use a perforated liner, you might need to add an extra minute to get the crust as crispy as when reheated without it.
Related: Reheating fries in air fryer
Reheating frozen leftover pizza
Reheating Frozen leftover pizza is different from cooking store bought frozen pizza. Frozen leftover pizza refers to leftovers of already cooked pizza that have been frozen for later.
Frozen pizza refers to pizza that was bought frozen from the store. It is different because they are not fully cooked. The crust is partially cooked, toppings assembled and the resulting product is sealed, flash frozen and then distributed and sold in stores. Therefore it needs to cook longer than frozen leftovers.
Frozen leftovers are cooked about 2-3 minutes longer than leftover pizza kept in the refrigerator.
A few tips to get you reheating Pizza like a Pro!
- Size matters: Not all pizzas are created equal, some have a thin crust, while others have a regular crust or are made as deep dish. You need to consider the type of pizza you have when warming up leftovers, the size of the crust will determine how long you would reheat the pizza, because a thin crusted pizza will definitely warm up faster than a deep dish pizza
- Check on it: It’s ok to open the air fryer basket and check on the pizza at intervals especially if you are trying this out for the first time in your gadget. This will help you decide the best timing pizza in your own air fryer.
- Adjust the temperature: If you find that the pizza is browning too quickly before getting warmed through, reduce the temperature by 20° - 25°F
- Do not overcrowd the basket: Air and heat needs to circulate as food cooks / reheats in your air fryer that’s how it crisps things up. Therefore you shouldn’t overlap the pizza slices. Mine takes a max of 4 slices.
Other leftovers that can be reheated in the Air fryer
- French Fries
- Chicken nuggets
- Frozen Mozzarella sticks: Yes you can reheat frozen mozzarella sticks in your air fryer.
More Air Fryer Recipes
- Crispy Air fryer Bacon: Another Air fryer winner and a must try!
- Air fryer chicken legs: These sticky chicken drumsticks are so juicy and are ready in 30 mins.
- Meatballs in Air fryer: I bet you didn’t know you could make amazing meatballs in the air fryer. It’s so good.
How to reheat Pizza in the Air fryer
- 2 -3 Slices leftover pizza
- Olive oil spray (optional)
- Place leftover pizza in air fryer basket. Lightly spray the edges with olive oil (this is optional)
- Set temperature to 350°F / 177°C then Reheat pizza for 4 mins.
- No need to preheat the air fryer because air fryers heat up pretty quickly.
- Reheating straight out the refrigerator, you might need to reheat up to 5 mins. Be sure to start checking 4 to see if you need to go up to 5 mins.
- Using Parchment paper is optional.
- Spray some oil around the edges of the pizza. It helps it crisp up some more. However it’s optional.
Nutritional information is an estimate and may change based on products used. Please read full nutrition disclaimer here.
What’s the best way to heat up leftover pizza.can you reheat in an air fryer. How do you reheat pizza without getting soggy