These Air fryer vegetables are delicious and easy marinated vegetables recipe made right in the air fryer. I love how quick and tasty this roasted vegetables recipe turns out. Whether you are making fresh or frozen vegetable medley, this kitchen appliance is your go to and if you love grilled veggies, give this a try and let’s catch up in the comments section.
Easy Roasted Air fryer vegetables (veggies)
If you’ve been trying to figure out how to air fry vegetables, you are in the right place. In this post l’ll show you how to make this easy roasted air fryer vegetables recipe in easy steps.
This is a healthy side dish that’s perfect for a variety of lifestyles which include low carb and keto friendly main dishes.
What makes these marinated air fryer vegetables so good?
Marinated vegetables taste delicious because the marinade has helped infused flavors right into the vegetables. The good thing is that the marinade is made up of few ingredients that are easily adaptable.
Related: Easy Air fryer Mushrooms recipe
Best vegetables for roasting
A variety of vegetables can be roasted in the air fryer, They can be roasted individually or together as a vegetable medley like we did in this recipe.
The vegetables included here are Zucchini, Broccoli, carrots, onions, red bell peppers. Other vegetables that you can include are mushrooms, brussel sprouts,
What you’ll need
- Red bell pepper
- Broccoli florets
- Red onion
- Italian seasoning
- Garlic powder
- White pepper
How to roast vegetables in the air fryer
Wash vegetables and cut into bite sizes. Add oil, salt and seasoning. Toss to combine.
Marinate for 15 mins and air fry at 400°F / 200°C for 15 minutes or until your desired level of tenderness. Remember to toss with a silicon spoon at 5 minute intervals.
Can you steam vegetables in the air fryer?
Air fryers are not for steaming so technically you cannot steam vegetables in it. However this simple hack can help you achieve something similar to streamed vegetables in the air fryer.
Add some water inside the basket between the first and second basket for Cosori air fryer and underneath the basket insert for some brands of Gourmia. If using an oven style air fryer, put a little bit of water in the drip tray.
The steam coming from the water as the vegetables are being air fried will keep the veggies from drying out and will give it a kind of steamed effect.
What to serve it with
With this vegetable medley, the options are endless. This recipe can be served with the following sides
- Chicken breast
- Air fried chicken thighs
- Marinade chicken thighs in air fryer
- Parmentier potatoes
- Roasted whole sweet potatoes
Air frying Tips
- Let the vegetables sit in the marinade to get well seasoned. The salt in the marinade will help sweat the vegetables and reduce the chances of having soggy vegetables.
- Do not overcrowd the basket so that they can crisp up easily.
Are air fryer vegetables healthy?
Air fryer vegetables can be considered healthy as most of the vegetables are nutritious
More Vegetarian air fryer recipes
- Air fryer Tater tots
- Frozen French fries in the air fryer
- Air fryer sweet potato fries
Check out all our >>>Air fryer Recipes!
Did you find this recipe helpful? Leave me a comment about it or any recipe idea you would love Air fryer ‘yummed’ and don’t forget to share with family and friends.
Happy Air frying!
Love it? Pin it!
Looking for more air fryer recipes? Sign up for our yummy newsletter and Follow along on Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest and Tiktok for updates. Remember to Subscribe to my YouTube Channel for weekly videos.
Loving your air fryer much? Join other Air Fryer Buddies in our exclusive free Easy Air Fryer Recipes Group on Facebook!
New to the world of Air frying? We’ve got you covered. Check out our helpful >>> Air fryer Resources!
Shop all air fryers and air fryer accessories at our Amazon store.
Air fryer vegetables
- Air fryer
- Mixing bowl
- Cling film
- 2 small Zucchinis (cut in half moons)
- 1 medium Red bell pepper (chopped)
- 1 medium Red onion (chopped)
- 2 medium Carrots (cut into bite sizes)
- 8 oz broccoli florets (cut to size)
- 1 ½ Tablespoon Oil
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon salt (or to taste)
- ¼ teaspoon white pepper (substitute with black pepper)
Season the vegetables
- Wash and cut up vegetables. Let veggies sit in colander to drain.
- Add oil, salt and seasoning. Toss to coat vegetables evenly.
Marinate the vegetables
- Cover vegetables with cling film and let it marinate for at least 15 mins on the counter or in the fridge.
Air fry the vegetables
- Place marinated vegetables in the air fryer, set temperature to 400°F / 200°C and cook for 15 minutes tossing at 5 minutes intervals.
- If after 15 minutes you are not satisfied with the texture of the vegetables you can cook for an additional 1 to 2 mins.
- Serve with your favorite side dish.
- Preheating is optional. If you preheat your air fryer the vegetables may cook before the stated time in this recipe so keep an eye on it.
- Do not overcrowd the basket, cook in batches if needed
- I recommend tossing the vegetables with a silicon spoon instead of shaking the basket because the basket may have a little liquid at the base that might splash causing a burn.
Nutritional information is an estimate and may change based on products used. Please read full nutrition disclaimer here.