Cooking frozen breaded fish in air fryer is a game changer. You’ll get a delicious fish dinner with crispy skin and a soft and flakey interior. Perfect for your favorite side of fries, rice, potatoes or any dish you’d love to serve it with.
Air fryer frozen breaded fish is one of the easiest almost handsfree recipe you’ll make in the air fryer and the best part is you cook straight from frozen, you read right, no need to thaw these before air frying.
Table of Contents
Can you air fry frozen breaded fish?
Frozen foods are are some of the first things we recommend to newbies when testing waters with their new kitchen device. Though frozen French fries is top on our list of top 10 things to cook in an air fryer, these air fryer frozen breaded fish is also super beginner friendly.
The type of fish used in Frozen breaded fish vary. Some are Tilapia, or Cod while others are haddock like this air fryer frozen fish fillets. Whichever one you make in the air fryer would work perfectly so choose the flavor of fish you like the most.
And if you’d rather have fish with no breading, you should try our air fryer haddock, air fryer trout and air fryer frozen salmon.
Why you’ll love this
- Quick and easy: this literally gets ready in about 15 mins.
- Convenient: makes it easy to get dinner on the table in less time especially during busy week nights.
- Family friendly: This is an easy dinner idea that the whole family will love.
Depending on thickness of the fillets, It typically takes 12 to 15 mins to cook frozen breaded fish in the air fryer. The important is to ensure it’s cooked through. Feel free to add more time as needed.
Definitely you can put frozen battered fish in the air fryer. However you cannot put fresh battered fish with dripping batter in the air fryer.
No you do not need to preheat the air fryer.
Definitely, you can make breaded fish from scratch. Here’s what to do. Pat fish fillets dry, season with salt and pepper.
Create a breading station with eggs, flour and breadcrumbs. Dip to coat fish fillet in the flour bowl, then in the egg and finally in the breadcrumbs. Repeat process for all fish fillets. Air fry.
Got more questions? Leave us a comment and we’ll get back to you as soon as we can.
What you’ll need
- Frozen breaded fish of choice: You’ll find this in that refrigerator/frozen foods section of the grocery store. Some are fully cooked while others are raw. Be sure to check the packaging to know which one you are buying.
- Dipping sauce or your planned side dish.
Join our Air fryer recipes group on Facebook!
How to cook frozen breaded fish in the air fryer
This is an overview of the recipe with step by step photos. Scroll down to the end of this post for a printable recipe card with the amount of ingredients and full recipe instructions.
1. Remove frozen breaded fish from packaging, place the fish in the air fryer basket or tray
2. Set temperature to 400°F (200°C) and air fry for 12 to 15 mins.
3. Serve with chips (fries) or any other sides you prefer.
What to serve with air fried frozen breaded fish.
Air fryer frozen breaded fish fillets can be served in its own with sauces like Tartar sauce, yum sauce etc.
You can also make a main meal of this by serving with sides like air fryer potato wedges, baby potatoes, Fries (hello fish and chips), air fryer baby carrots and lots more.
Throw in some veggies too. We love air fryer green beans and mushrooms, air fryer Brussels sprouts and bacon.
Air frying Tips
- Non need to preheat, cook from frozen no need to thaw.
- Frozen breaded fish comes pre fried so no need to spray oil when air frying them.
- Do not overcrowd the basket. Cook in batches if needed.
If you try this recipe, show it off on Instagram! Be sure to Follow and Tag @Airfryeryumblog on Instagram and use the hashtag #airfryeryumblog so we can see your recreations!
More air fryer fish recipes
- Gorton frozen fish fillets in air fryer
- Air fryer fish sticks
- Air fryer frozen salmon
Check out all our >>>Air fryer Recipes!
Did you find this recipe helpful? Leave me a comment about it or any recipe idea you would love Air fryer ‘yummed’ and don’t forget to share with family and friends.
Happy Air frying!
Love it? Pin it! Then follow Air Fryer Yum on Pinterest for more deliciousness!
Looking for more air fryer recipes? Sign up for our yummy newsletter and Follow along on Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest and Tiktok for updates. Remember to Subscribe to my YouTube Channel for weekly videos.
Loving your air fryer much? Join other Air Fryer Buddies in our exclusive free Easy Air Fryer Recipes Group on Facebook!
New to the world of Air frying? We’ve got you covered. Check out our helpful >>> Air fryer Resources!
Shop all air fryers and air fryer accessories at our Amazon store.
Air Fryer Yum’s Pro Tip! Air fryer temperatures may vary depending on size, make and model. When making a recipe for the first time, start with less time, check for doneness then add more time as needed.
How to cook frozen breaded fish in air fryer
- 3 Frozen breaded fish
Basket style Air fryer
- Remove frozen breaded fish from packaging.
- Place fish in air fryer basket, set temperature to 400°F / 200°C and air fry for 12 to 15 mins. Flipping half way through.
Oven style air fryer
- Preheat air fryer to 400°F / 200°C for 4 mins.
- Place the frozen fish on the air fryer rack / tray then slide it into the middle level of the preheated air fryer oven.
- Air fry for 10 to 12 mins. Flip half way through with a pair of tongs.
- Serve with your favorite side dish.
- Cook straight from frozen, no need to thaw.
- If fish isn’t cooked through by stated time in your air fryer add more time as needed till it reaches the internal temperature of 145°F /63°C
- The cook time will also depend on the thickness of the fish.
Did you make this air fryer recipe? Awesome! Please rate it by clicking the stars ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ when you leave a comment below. If you loved it please share the link to this recipe with family and friends and in your favorite Facebook group.
Made this for dinner tonight with cod and it was really yummy. What really amazed me was how close the texture came to actual frying, at a fraction of the mess.
I'm still learning my way around an air fryer and your tips are always so helpful! My fish turned out perfectly!
Happy you found it helpful.
Love this - now I can make this easy fish dinner every week with very little fuss. Perfect!
Couldn't be any easier than this! I would never have considered this quick technique to get dinner on the table.