Baked Chicken schnitzels are an all time favorite. Did you know you can make Tyson’s frozen breaded chicken breast in Air fryer? These frozen chicken breasts are air fried from raw to crispy perfection in less time than you would make them in the oven. Perfect as a side to veggies and fries or tossed in your favorite crispy chicken salad.
Why make raw Frozen breaded chicken breasts in the Air fryer?
Classic Schnitzels are deep fried this is a baked version made from frozen breaded chicken. Before the invention of air fryers, the best way to cook raw frozen chicken breasts was in the oven or deep fried.
With the use of the air fryer becoming more popular, things are changing at least in my home and here’s why.
- Want crispy healthy chicken? Your air fryer is your best friend. Cooks quickly with less oil.
- Your little helpers can do this with minimal supervision.
- It’s easier to cook in your air fryer than in your oven.
- Summer time? No need to heat up the house by turning on your oven. Enjoy crispy foods without the added discomfort of a hot kitchen.
What is Chicken Schnitzel
Before telling you what chicken Schnitzels are, let’s step back a bit to what a schnitzel is. A schnitzel is a any type of lightly spiced breaded meat. It’s usually made with pork, chicken and sometimes veal.
In other words in Germany any breaded meat is called a schnitzel and the kind of schnitzel will depend on the type of meat used and in this case it’s chicken.
What you need (ingredients & tools)
- Your favorite brand of Frozen chicken breasts. I used Tyson’s tenderloins
- Kitchen tongs
- Perforated Parchment paper (optional)
How to make frozen breaded chicken in the air fryer
There is no need to use an oil spray. Place frozen breaded chicken breasts in the air fryer basket.
Air fry at 400°F / 204°C for 15 mins. Be sure to flip half way through cooking time.
What to serve with Schnitzel
You can serve chicken Schnitzel with these sides.
- On a bed of salad, hello crispy chicken Salad
- Baked potatoes
- Potato salad
- Mashed potatoes
- Mac and cheese
- Use it to make a crispy chicken sandwich.
Don’t have an air fryer yet? You can make it in the oven
If an air fryer and don’t know how to use it . I have a beginner’s guide on how to use an air fryer, you should check it out. To make these in the oven, follow the instructions below to make baked chicken schnitzel.
- No need to for extra oil in this recipe. It will crisp up perfectly.
- This chicken is cooked from raw. The internal temperature should read at least 165°F / 74°C when it’s done.
- Let breaded chicken rest for 5 mins before serving.
More Air fryer Frozen foods
- Air fryer Frozen French fries
- Frozen burgers
- Mozzarella cheese
- Find all our Air fryer Frozen foods here.
- And all our Chicken Recipes here!
Check out all our >>>Air fryer Recipes!
Did you find this recipe helpful? Leave me a comment about it or any recipe idea you would love Air fryer ‘yummed’ and don’t forget to share with family and friends.
Happy Air frying!
Loving your air fryer much? Join other Air Fryer Buddies in our exclusive free Easy Air Fryer Recipes Group on Facebook!
New to the world of Air frying? We’ve got you covered. Check out our helpful >>> Air fryer Resources!
Love it? Pin it!
Frozen breaded Chicken breasts in the Air fryer
- Air fryer
- Kitchen tongs
- Place frozen breaded chicken breasts in the air fryer basket.
- Set temperature to 400°F / 204°C and bake for 15 mins or until internal temp reads 165°F / 74°C on the meat thermometer. Be sure to flip the chicken half way through the cooking time.
- Serve breaded chicken on a bed of salad or use to make crispy chicken sandwiches/ burgers
- Cook from frozen.No need to thaw frozen chicken schnitzel before cooking.
- No need to spray oil, it will come out crispy and delicious.
- This recipe was cooked in a non preheated oven. Note that subsequent batches will cook faster because the air fryer got preheated while cooking the first batch.
- If your air fryer requires preheating, go ahead and preheat. However you may need to adjust your cooking time downwards. Let your meat thermometer be your guide. Internal temp should be at least 165 degrees F / 74 degrees C