Making Frozen burgers in air fryer is a must try if your haven’t already. Air fryer hamburgers cook quickly and evenly whether making from fresh or from frozen. I will also show you how to seasons the patties so they don’t come out bland. This tutorial is Perfect for those busy days when you don’t want to make these from scratch and would rather not turn on the oven.
Can you make frozen burgers (hamburgers) in Air fryer?
Yes you can absolutely make frozen burger patties in the air fryer. That’s what this post is all about. It will not only show you how to do it, it will walk you through step by step with times and temperature so you get perfectly cooked frozen burgers in air fryer every time.
The Air fryer is gradually changing the way the world is cooking. It cooks foods in less time than an oven would and does an amazing job too. Plus the fact that it’s perfect for Summer time when you want to do anything but put on the oven.
What you need to make your Air fryer frozen burger
You need just a few things to make frozen burgers in air fryer. Your ingredients and tools.
- Frozen burger patties
- Black pepper
- Air fryer
- Meat thermometer
How to cook frozen burgers in Air fryer
To cook frozen burgers in air fryer, no need to thaw first. Just get it out of the freezer, remove the parchment paper separating the frozen patties and put the patties in the air fryer.
I like to sprinkle some salt and pepper on the top of the patties before cooking and then on the other side when I flip them while cooking.
I cook frozen patties at 350°F / 176°C for 12- 14 mins or till the internal temperature reaches 165°F / 74°C
Then use for burgers.
Make it in the oven
Don’t have an air fryer yet. You bake these in the oven following the steps below
- Preheat your oven to 400°F / 204°C, Lind a baking sheet with parchment paper or foil then place a rack that fits on it.
- Season the burgers by sprinkling seasoning blend on one side.
- Place burgers on the rack. Bake burgers for 20 - 25 mins or until internal temperature reads at least 165°F / 74°C.
- When cooked, turn off heat and place cheese slices on top. The residual heat will melt the cheese.
How long to cook a frozen hamburger patty in an air fryer.
This will depend on the sizes of burgers and how many being cooked. The burgers I used are about 4.5 inches in diameter and about ½ and inch thick.
I cook 4 patties in my Air fryer for 12-14 mins. The important thing is for the internal temperature to read at least 165°F / 176°C. If you don’t have a meat thermometer (which I highly recommend if you intend to cook meats often in your air fryer) cut the patties open to be sure it’s not longer pink inside.
How to season frozen burgers (hamburger patties)
Getting frozen burgers well seasoned to your liking may be a bit challenging for obvious reasons. I use a few tricks when cooking frozen burgers to get them seasoned and not completely bland.
First mix your seasoning together. Usually use just salt, onion or garlic powder and black pepper. You can use whatever seasoning blend you like.
Next season the top of the frozen burgers. Do not season the other side yet. Season when you flip it over to the other side while cooking.
Another trick I use is to add a bit of seasoning to my burger sauce and of course use cheese slices too. All these add up to make your frozen burgers tasty.
Tips for success
- As always air fryers are different. I made this recipe in my gourmia air fryer and it was fine at 12 mins. I moved up to 14 mins because my meat thermometer read 163 at 12 mins and I wanted it to get up to 165 to be on the safe side.
- No need to thaw, Cook frozen hamburgers from frozen.
- A meat thermometer is important making cooks meats especially frozen meats. Make sure to cook these patties up to an internal temperature of 165 F
- If making cheese burger, once the burgers are fully cooked, place the cheese slices on top of the burgers and slide basket back in. No need to turn on the air fryer cos the residual is enough to melt the cheese.
More Air fryer Frozen foods
Other Air fryer Recipes to try
- Air fryer steak bites
- Crispy Air bacon: If you haven’t tried this method yet! You should and I promise you are never making it any other way.
- Air fryer chicken recipes: We love making chicken in the air fryer and we have a growing collection worth checking out
- Easy Air fryer meatballs from scratch
- All Air fryer recipes. A collection of all our amazing air fryer recipes any one can make
- Air fryer dessert recipes: Love desserts?We do too and air fryers make amazing desserts.
Did you find this recipe helpful? Leave me a comment about it or any recipe idea you would love Air fryer ‘yummed’ and don’t forget to share with family and friends.
Happy Air frying!
Loving your air fryer much? Join other Air Fryer Buddies in our exclusive free Easy Air Fryer Recipes Group on Facebook!
New to the world of Air frying? We’ve got you covered. Check out our helpful >>> Air fryer Resources!
How to make Frozen burgers in air fryer
- Air fryer
- Meat thermometer
- 4 Frozen Hamburger patties
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- 4 burger buns
- Mix seasoning together. Sprinkle some of mix on one side of each frozen burger, set about half aside for when you flip the burgers.
- Place frozen burger patties in the air fryer basket seasoned side up.
- Set temperature to 350°F / 176°C cook patties for 12-14 mins. Make sure to flip half way through to ensure even cooking.
- When you flip the burger, season the other side and continue cooking.
- Check internal temperature at 12 mins if it’s not at least 165°F / 74°F continue cooking for another 2 mins
- If making cheese burgers, when the burgers are fully cooked, place cheese slices on the burgers and slide basket back in. No need to turn on the air fryer, the residual heat will melt the cheese.
- If making 1 or 2 frozen hamburger patties, start checking at 10 mins.
- Nutrition facts are for the frozen patties only. The buns and cheese are not included. For that check out my Air fryer cheese burger recipe
- Getting well seasoned frozen burgers isn’t easy for obvious reasons. Adding more seasoning when you flip can help.
Nutritional information is an estimate and may change based on products used. Please read full nutrition disclaimer here.