If you haven’t tried Air fryer Frozen French fries just yet, I would urge you to grab a bag of frozen French fries the next time you go to the groceries and make this MacDonalds drive thru favorite in your air fryer in less time than you would need to wait in the queue. They come out very crispy and delicious every time.
Frozen Fries in Air Fryer? Yes please!
This is an easy foolproof way to make crispy French fries. Enjoy the best of both worlds. Your fast food favorite with less oil which equals less guilt.
Did you know you can have a complete take out meal right at home when you combine these air fried frozen French fries with my Air fryer cheeseburgers? My goodness! It’s so yummy.
Loving your air fryer? Join other Air Fryer Buddies in >>>our exclusive free Easy Air Fryer Recipes Group on Facebook!
Why we love Cooking Frozen Fries in Air fryer.
- It saves time by shaving off the time needed to cut up the fries.
- Frozen fries are precooked and get crispy all the time.
- Because they are precooked/pre fried, you actually don’t need oil to air fry them.
- It can work in any brand of air fryer. Gourmia, Ninja foodi, Cosori etc.
- A bag of your favorite brand of frozen French fries! I used Ore ida frozen shoe strings fries in this recipe and we loved it. I have also used Ore ida fast foods French fries, McCain and Alexia.
- Your favorite dipping sauce. We love to use Ketchup or Fry sauce for our burgers and Chips.
How to make Frozen fries in an Air fryer.
Place frozen fries in the Air fryer basket. Set the temperature and time.
Cook fries till crispy, shaking often for even cooking.
How long do you cook French fries in Air Fryer (Time and Temperature)
This will depend on the size and thickness of the fries. Frozen fries cook any where between 10 and 15 mins for 400°F / 204°C
Thin cut fries like shoe strings cooks for 10 - 12 mins while thick cut fries like waffle fries, regular cut French fries, and crinkle cut fries cook for up to 15 mins.
The quantity of fries in the air fryer basket will also determine the length of time it takes to cook for instance, ½ pound of frozen fries will cook faster than 1 pound because the smaller quantity will allow for more air and heat circulation.
Air fryers differ in level of heat, so it would be a good idea to keep an eye on the first batch if this is your first time using your brand of air fryer.
- No need for oil. The frozen fries are precooked and already pre fried. Just air fry them as is and watch then come out slightly oiled and crispy.
- DO NOT Overcrowd the basket: this is crucial to getting crispy fries.
- Shake the basket often at 5 minutes intervals to help the frozen fries cook evenly.
- My Air fryer doesn’t require preheating however be aware that second batches tend to cook faster because the Air fryer is already hot.
Love French Fries in the Air fryer? You’d love these other Recipes!
- Crispy Air Fryer Bacon: Try this and you are never making bacon any other way.
- Frozen burger patties in the air fryer: The perfect match for these air fryer fries.
- Air fryer banana chocolate muffins: moist and delicious breakfast muffins!
- S’mores dip recipe: Summertime camp fire dessert made right in your air fryer!
Check out all our >>>Air fryer Recipes!
Did you find this recipe helpful? Leave me a comment about it or any recipe idea you would love Air fryer ‘yummed’ and don’t forget to share with family and friends.
Happy Air frying!
Loving your air fryer much? Join other Air Fryer Buddies in our exclusive free Easy Air Fryer Recipes Group on Facebook!
New to the world of Air frying? We’ve got you covered. Check out our helpful>>> Air fryer Resources!
Air Fryer Frozen French Fries
- 1 lb frozen French fries
- ¼ cup Ketchup or Fry sauce
- Place fries in Air fryer basket
- Set temperature to 400°F / 200°C and timer to Air fry for 12-15 mins shaking every 5 mins to ensure even cooking.
- Serve with dipping sauce of choice
Nutritional information is an estimate and may change based on products used. Please note that nutritional data on this website should be considered estimates and used as a guide only. Under no circumstances will www.AirFryerYum.com be responsible for any loss or damage resulting from the use of this nutritional information. You are encouraged to use a nutritional calculator with the exact brands you are using to get the most accurate information for each recipe.