We know you’ll love making frozen curly fries in air fryer appliances because they are pretty to behold and delicious. Air fryer frozen curly fries are crispy yet fluffy, guess what? These are made straight from frozen with no need to thaw! Talk about convenience and less mess.
Once you try this method you’d say good bye to messy stove top frying, greasy deep frying and the time consuming ways of the conventional oven, common these get ready in less than 12 mins with a few ingredients and little or no prep time. Get out your favorite dipping sauce peeps cos these are on a whole new level!
Air fryer frozen curly fries Recipe
These air fryer curly fries make for an easy side dish, snack or appetizer. These are super easy to make. They come out crispy and delicious and well seasoned.
Making frozen curly fries in the air fryer ensures a quick and easy meal for all fries lovers. It’s so easy that the kids can make some themselves with little supervision. Teenager and preteen definitely love making their Tater tots and French fries in the air fryer these days.
Why you should make frozen curly fries in air fryer
- Convenient: These are frozen fries! Already made for you. No need to peel or spiralize the potatoes for homemade curly fries.
- Saves time: For the same reasons above frozen fries are quick, easy and beginner friendly.
- No need to turn the oven:
- You don’t need extra oil. These frozen fries are already pre seasoned and fried before freezing. No need to use oil.
What you’ll need (Ingredients+ tools)
- A bag of frozen curly fries: I used Arby’s for this recipe, however which ever brand you have work. I’ve also used the McCain and Oreida brands. Other brands include Store brands like Aldi’s, Kroger’s, or Tesco and Asda’s in the Uk
- Your favorite dipping sauce: Ketchup and bbq sauce out usually our first choice but we also love fry sauce.
Best air fryer for this recipe
First of all, the air fryer appliances are simply the best for frozen foods. So any one you have would suffice, from Ninja foodi, to power xl, Gourmia or Emeril lagasse, you’ll love how these frozen curly fries turn out crispy and delicious with no need for extra oil.
That being said these air fryer frozen curly fries were tested in my Cosori air fryer 5.8qt and my Instant pot vortex pro air fryer oven and I will be sharing instructions for both air fryers with you.
You should check out our Best frozen foods for air fryer appliances.
How long to air fry frozen Arby’s Curly fries?
Arby’s fries took 10 mins in my non preheated Cosori air fry and 7 minutes in my preheated Instant pot vortex pro oven air fryer. This is a guide that shouldn’t be much different from shy air fryer. However start checking yours 2 mins before the stated time and add time as needed.
How to cook frozen curly fries in air fryer
This is literally a dump and air fryer recipe. However, I’ll show you how to make it in my basket style air fryer (Cosori) and my oven style air fryer (instant pot vortex plus air fryer oven)
Making it in the basket style air fryer (Cosori or Gourmia)
Place frozen curly fries in the air fryer air fryer basket. Set temp to 400°F / 200°C. Air fry got 8 to 10 mins or to your desired level of crispy. Serve with your favorite sauce.
How to make it in the instant pot vortex pro oven
This air fryer has automatic preheat. Select the air fry button, set temp to 400°F / 200°C and time for 8 minutes. The air fryer usually takes 3 to 4 mins to preheat making the total time for this recipe to be 11 to 12 mins in the oven air fryer.
While it’s preheating, arrange fries in air fryer rack or tray. When air is ready, slide the tray into the middle rack and air fry for 7 to 8 mins.
Air fryer curly fries are best served fresh. They come already precooked and frozen so when you are making frozen curly fries in air fryer, you are basically reheating them.
To avoid having leftovers, It’s best to air fry the quantity you need at at a time.
Best sides for fries
Besides serving these with sauces, you could serve these with chicken, fish and beef recipes. Check out our favorites below.
- Air fryer bbq chicken wings
- Instant pot chicken wings
- Air fryer frozen breaded chicken breasts
Air frying Tips
- Cook straight from frozen, no need to thaw.
- Frozen curly fries are already fried so no need to add oil. Some brands come already seasoned, so there’s no need for salt or additional seasoning.
- I usually don’t preheat my basket style air fryers when making these however my oven style air fryer comes with automatic preheat, so I let it preheat bright adding the fries.
- Do not overcrowd basket or racks. Cook in batches if needed.
Air Fryer Yum’s Pro Tip! Air fryer temperatures may vary depending on size, make and model. When making a recipe for the first time, start with less time, check for doneness then add more time as needed.
Frequently asked questions
How do you cook frozen curly fries in an air fryer?
Follow the instructions in the recipe card below to cook your frozen curly fries to perfection in the air fryer.
Can you air fry Arby’s frozen curly fries?
Definitely you can. The brand used in this post is the Arby’s brand.
How long do frozen fries take in the air fryer?
The length of time it takes to cook frozen fries vary by sizes, shapes and cuts. The thinner the fries the faster it will cook. For instance shoe string fries cook faster than steak fries. Generally expect to make frozen fries in the air fryer for 8 to 15 mins depending on the type of fries you are making.
Did you find this recipe helpful? Leave me a comment about it or any recipe idea you would love Air fryer ‘yummed’ and don’t forget to share with family and friends.
Happy Air frying!
Love it? Pin it!
Looking for more air fryer recipes? Sign up for our yummy newsletter and Follow along on Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest and Tiktok for updates. Remember to Subscribe to my YouTube Channel for weekly videos.
Loving your air fryer much? Join other Air Fryer Buddies in our exclusive free Easy Air Fryer Recipes Group on Facebook!
New to the world of Air frying? We’ve got you covered. Check out our helpful >>> Air fryer Resources!
Shop all air fryers and air fryer accessories at our Amazon store.
Frozen curly fries in air fryer (Arby’s)
- 1 Lb Curly fries
- ¼ Cup ketchup
For Basket style air fryer
- Place frozen curly fries in air fryer basket, set temperature to 400°F / 200°C and air fry for 10 mins. Shaking the basket half way through cooking time.
- Serve immediately with your favorite dipping sauce
For oven style air fryer with racks / trays
- Preheat air fryer to 400°F / 200°C. Set timer to 8 minutes. (it takes 3 to 4 minutes to preheat my instant pot vortex plus air fry oven)
- While it’s preheating Arrange frozen curly fries in the tray or rack of your air fryer oven.
- When air fryer is preheated, Slide rack into the middle layer and air fry for 7 to 8 minutes. I didn’t need to flip the fries.
Nutritional information is an estimate and may change based on products used. Please read full nutrition disclaimer here.
Did you make this recipe? Awesome! Please rate it by clicking the stars ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ when you leave a comment below. Also be sure to Follow & Tag @AirFryerYumBlog on Instagram when you make any of our recipes. We are honored and would love to see your recreations of our recipes!