Air fryer frozen chicken nuggets are simply the best. Say good bye to soggy microwaved nuggets cos you’ll love how these air fried chicken nuggets turn out crispy, delicious and perfectly cooked. With the event of this amazing kitchen appliance, making frozen foods have become a breeze.
Listen guys, once you’ve tried making frozen chicken bites in the air fryer, you’ll definitely not want to make it any other way. It’s that good!
Table of Contents
- 1 Frozen Chicken nuggets in Air fryer
- 2 Why you’ll love this recipe
- 3 Best store bought chicken nugget brands
- 4 What you’ll need
- 5 Best dipping sauce for chicken nuggets?
- 6 How long to cook chicken nuggets in air fryer
- 7 How to make it
- 8 Storage and reheating
- 9 Air frying Tips
- 10 Frequently asked questions
- 11 More air fryer recipes
- 12 Air fryer frozen chicken nuggets
Frozen Chicken nuggets in Air fryer
Frozen chicken nuggets is a staple in my freezer because it a quick after school snack that anyone can make. To ensure I don’t have to visit the McDonald’s or Burger King often, making chicken nuggets in the air fryer is the secret to my success. I get crispy, tasty nuggets every time.
No jokes! This is hands down the best way to enjoy these tasty snacks. Serving it up with some air fried frozen onion rings and the best dipping sauce, brings your favorite fast food restaurant to your door step.
Why you’ll love this recipe
Frozen chicken nuggets? Air fryer? Oh yeah! The air fryer cooks the best chicken nuggets from frozen. Here are some of the reasons we love this recipe.
- Minimal prep: With no prep involved, air fryer chicken nuggets are a time saver. Just dump the nuggets in the air fryer and cook to your desired level of crispy perfection!
- Crispy every time: The air fryer delivers perfectly cooked nuggets all the time. No hot spots or soggy nuggets ever.
- Best kitchen appliance: when it comes to cooking food from frozen to crispy goodness, the air fryer is the one for the job. Hello frozen corn dogs in air fryer!
- Picky eater approved: These appeal to a wide range of foodies! Kids and adults alike.
Best store bought chicken nugget brands
There are a variety of great chicken nuggets from brand names to store brand. I’ve tried both versions and I find the two below to be my top 2.
What you’ll need
- Your favorite Brand of Frozen chicken nuggets. See above list for some suggestions.
- Dipping sauce of choice; choose from anyone below
Best dipping sauce for chicken nuggets?
The choice of dipping sauces for chicken nuggets can only be limited by your imagination. The common sauces we use are
- Barbecue sauce
- Fry sauce
How long to cook chicken nuggets in air fryer
A lot of factors go into how long it takes to cook chicken nuggets in the air fryer. From wattage to size and type of air fryer. It took me 10 mins to cook these in my Cosori air fryer.
How to make it
This is an overview of the recipe with step by step photos. Scroll down to end of post for a printable recipe card with the amount of ingredients and full recipe instructions.
Place the frozen chicken nuggets in the air fryer basket or rack and set temperature to 400°F / 200°C and air fry for 10 to 12 mins.
Storage and reheating
Frozen chicken nuggets when reheated are best eaten immediately. However, sometimes we have some leftovers that we need to store. Let the air fried nuggets cool completely then store in an airtight container to up to 3 days.
To reheat, transfer to the air fryer basket, set temperature to 350°F / 180°C and air fry for 4 to 5 mins or until warmed through.
Air frying Tips
- No need to preheat if using a Cosori or Gourmia air fryer. The instant pot vortex preheats automatically so you’ll need to let it preheat before adding food.
- Do not overcrowd the basket, cook in a single layer.
- No need to thaw. Cook from frozen.
- Flip or shake the basket half way through cooking time.
Frequently asked questions
Are there any good frozen chicken nuggets?
There are really some good frozen chicken nuggets out there. My favorite that comes close to the McDonald’s chicken nuggets are the Dino nuggets and Perdue brands.
Are frozen chicken nuggets fully cooked?
Most frozen chicken nuggets are fully cooked. However it’s best to read the package of the brand you buy to confirm.
Are Perdue Chicken nuggets real chicken?
According to the description found on the bag of the frozen nuggets and their website, it says it’s with white chicken breasts no fillers.
Did you find this recipe helpful? Leave me a comment about it or any recipe idea you would love Air fryer ‘yummed’ and don’t forget to share with family and friends.
Happy Air frying!
Love it? Pin it!
Looking for more air fryer recipes? Sign up for our yummy newsletter and Follow along on Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest and Tiktok for updates. Remember to Subscribe to my YouTube Channel for weekly videos.
Loving your air fryer much? Join other Air Fryer Buddies in our exclusive free Easy Air Fryer Recipes Group on Facebook!
New to the world of Air frying? We’ve got you covered. Check out our helpful >>> Air fryer Resources!
Shop all air fryers and air fryer accessories at our Amazon store.
Air Fryer Yum’s Pro Tip! Air fryer temperatures may vary depending on size, make and model. When making a recipe for the first time, start with less time, check for doneness then add more time as needed.
Air fryer frozen chicken nuggets
- 18 Pieces Frozen Chicken nuggets (Perdue, Tyson or your favorite brand)
- ¼ Cup ketchup (You can also use barbecue sauce or Fry sauce)
- Place frozen nuggets in the air fryer basket or rack if using the oven style air fryer.
- Set temperature to 400°F / 200°C and cook for 10 to 12 mins. Remember to flip half way through cooking time for even cooking.
Did you make this chicken nuggets in air fryer? Awesome! Please rate it by clicking the stars ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ when you leave a comment below. Also be sure to Follow & Tag @AirFryerYumBlog on Instagram when you make any of our recipes. We are honored and would love to see your recreations of our recipes!