The air fryer makes cooking frozen foods a breeze. If you’ve been wondering the best frozen foods for air fryer or if you can cook frozen foods in an air fryer then you are in the right place. This collection of recipes include lot of easy recipes for beginners from French fries to chicken nuggets and everything else in between. We also included a printable PDF with cook times for your reference.
Table of Contents
- 1 Can you cook frozen foods in an air fryer?
- 2 How to cook frozen food in air fryer
- 3 Join our Air fryer Recipe group on Facebook!
- 4 Which air fryer is best for frozen foods?
- 5 Air fryer frozen food cooking chart
- 6 Best Frozen foods for the air fryer
- 7 Download your free printable chart here
- 8 Helpful tips when air frying frozen foods
- 9 Frequently asked questions
- 10 More Air fryer recipe collections & resources
- 11 Best frozen foods for air fryer
Can you cook frozen foods in an air fryer?
The air fryer is one of the best kitchen appliance when it comes to cooking food from frozen. It cooks foods like frozen french fries to crispy perfection without the need to thaw first.
If you haven’t tried it yet, yes you can cook frozen foods in the air fryer, so get started with using your air fryer already.
How to cook frozen food in air fryer
Cooking frozen food is easier than you think and the air fryer makes it even easier. Some frozen foods are raw like frozen chicken wings, frozen chicken breast, steak or even cordon bleu while others are precooked and frozen like French fries, chicken nuggets or tater tots.
You have to put into consideration the state of the frozen food (raw or precooked) this will determine how long it should be cooked in the air fryer. You should cook frozen foods from frozen and it cooking meats, the meat thermometer should be your best friend to ensure that frozen meats are cooked up to the recommended safe internal temperatures.
Which air fryer is best for frozen foods?
There are a variety of air fryer brands in the market. We use the Gourmia, Cosori, Ninja and instant pot air fryers here at air fryer yum and they all cook frozen foods to perfection.
If you have other brands like the Phillips air fryer, Power Xl, Pro-breeze, Emeril, chef man or even Gallanz microwave air fryer, they all have the same technology and should work well the only difference may be cook time.
Related Gourmia air fryer recipes
Air fryer frozen food cooking chart
Besides sharing the best frozen foods for air fryer, I would be sharing my air fryer cook times for frozen foods in form of a free printable pdf chart so if you’ve been looking for a handy pdf sheet with time and temp for chicken nuggets, frozen French fries and other frozen foods, you would definitely find this chart useful because it is written in both Fahrenheit and Celsius.
Best Frozen foods for the air fryer
Helpful tips when air frying frozen foods
- Cook from frozen, no need to thaw
- If you don’t already have one, buy a meat thermometer to use for meats to ensure it gets to a safe internal temperature.
Frequently asked questions
How long to cook frozen fries in air fryer?
The average time it takes to cook crispy fries in the air fryer is 12 to 15 mins. The bigger the cut the longer it would take.
Can you cook frozen chicken in an air fryer?
Yes you can cook frozen chicken and other meats in the air fryer.
More Air fryer recipe collections & resources
- Air fryer chicken recipes
- Easy Air fryer recipes for beginners
- Air fryer Bacon recipes
- Printable Air fryer cooking time sheet
- How to use Cosori air fryer
Did you find this collection helpful? Leave me a comment about it or any recipe idea you would love Air fryer ‘yummed’ and don’t forget to share with family and friends.
Happy Air frying!
Love it? Pin it!
Looking for more air fryer recipes? Sign up for our yummy newsletter and Follow along on Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest and Tiktok for updates. Remember to Subscribe to my YouTube Channel for weekly videos.
Loving your air fryer much? Join other Air Fryer Buddies in our exclusive free Easy Air Fryer Recipes Group on Facebook!
New to the world of Air frying? We’ve got you covered. Check out our helpful >>> Air fryer Resources!
Shop all air fryers and air fryer accessories at our Amazon store.
Best frozen foods for air fryer
- Air fryer
- 1 lb frozen tater tots
- ¼ cup Ketchup
- Place frozen tater tots in a single layer in the air fryer basket.
- Set temperature to 400°F / 200°C and air fryer for 12 to 15 min shaking the basket at 5 minute intervals to ensure even cooking.
- When the air frying cycle is complete, you can add more time if you want it more crispy. A minute or two is fine
- Serve with your favorite dipping sauce.
- Place in a single layer.
- Do not overcrowd the basket.
- Shake basket at 5 minutes intervals to ensure even cooking
- Please find the whole recipes in this collection of best frozen foods for the air fryer in the blog post above.
Did you make any of these Air fryer frozen foods? Awesome! Please use the Star Rating ⭐️ ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ when you leave a comment, it helps readers out! Also be sure to tag & follow @AirFryerYumBlog on Instagram. We’d love to see your recreations of our recipes!