Learn how easy it is to cook frozen sausage Patties in air fryer with no need to thaw. You’ll love how incredibly easy these Air fryer frozen sausages are to make that’s why we are sharing it today with all the tips and tricks you need to make this air fryer breakfast favorite.
Better than the stove top or oven, the air fryer gets these frozen raw sausages fully cooked, and sizzling hot, crispy exterior and juicy insides all in less than 15 mins.
Hey! If you are like me who forgets to pull out foods from the freezer in time to thaw, you’ll love our collection of best frozen foods for the air fryer and don’t forget to grab this free printable Air fryer frozen foods chart in Fahrenheit and Celcius.
Table of Contents
- 1 Air fryer frozen sausage Patties
- 2 Join our Air fryer recipes group on Facebook!
- 3 Why you’ll love this recipe
- 4 What you’ll need to make frozen sausage patties in air fryer appliances
- 5 How long do you cook frozen sausage patties in an air fryer?
- 6 How to air fry frozen sausage patties
- 7 What to serve with air fryer frozen sausage patties.
- 8 How to store and reheat
- 9 Air frying Tips
- 10 FAQs
- 11 More air fryer recipes
- 12 Air fryer frozen sausage patties
Air fryer frozen sausage Patties
One of the air fryer’s strong points is cooking frozen foods to perfection, from frozen fast food favorites hello French fries, to frozen raw foods like these air fryer frozen chicken wings recipe, frozen chicken breasts and even hot dogs and bacon, the air fryer cooks these straight from frozen and you won’t believe how good the end results turn out.
Join our Air fryer recipes group on Facebook!
Why you’ll love this recipe
I usually buy things like sausages, bacon and hot dogs from Costco and you know warehouse sizes don’t play so I freeze them and use them within the month.
The thing is that sometimes I don't remember to get these frozen meats out of the freezer in time to thaw so I am stuck with frozen food with less than 30 mins to get dinner or breakfast ready! Enter this Air fryer hack.
Making frozen sausage patties in air fryer has never been easier. It’s faster and there is no need to thaw. The air fryer yields consistent results and the sausage patties are fully cooked, slightly charred with crispy skin and oh so juicy.
Related recipes: Air fryer sausage links, How to make breakfast sausage in an air fryer
What you’ll need to make frozen sausage patties in air fryer appliances
- Your favorite brand of sausage Patties (raw or precooked)
- Ingredients for your planned accompaniment, things like slider buns, cheese and or ingredients for scrambled eggs.
This recipe was made using the Cosori air fryer you can get yours here for 15% off with code AFY15 while supplies last.
How long do you cook frozen sausage patties in an air fryer?
Air fryers are different so times may be slightly different with individual air fryers. Also if you preheat the air fryer, these sausages will cook faster. It took me 12 minutes to cook these raw sausage patties from frozen in my Cosori air fryer 5.8qt without preheating.
How to air fry frozen sausage patties
This is an overview of the recipe with step by step photos. Scroll down to end of post for a printable recipe card with the amount of ingredients and full recipe instructions.
Remove all packaging of the sausages, place frozen sausage patties in air fryer basket or trays. Set temperature to 350°F / 180°C. Air fry for 5 mins to defrost the patties.
Increase the temp to 400°F / 200°C, air fry for 3 more mins, flip the sausages over and air fry for another 3 to 4 mins. Let it rest in the air fryer for a minute before serving.
What to serve with air fryer frozen sausage patties.
These are like breakfast sausages and can be paired with scrambled eggs, omelet, air fryer fries, mashed potatoes, air fryer potato slices and cottage fries.
We also love to use them for homemade McGriddle and in our pork sausage and cheese sliders or the sausage, egg and cheese sliders.
How to store and reheat
Cooked sausages can be kept in the fridge for up to 3 days. Let the sausages cool completely before storing in an airtight container. This is best for sausages cooked from raw. If air frying fully cooked sausages which means you are technically reheating the sausages, I would recommend you reheat the quantity you need at a time.
To reheat simply place on a paper towel lined microwave safe plate and microwave at 20 secs intervals till warmed through.
Air fryer reheating is super easy too. Set temperature to 350°F / 180°C for 3 to 5 mins or till sausages are warmed through.
Air frying Tips
- No need to preheat.
- Cook sausages from frozen, no need to thaw.
- Start at a lower temperature when cooking frozen sausages. This will give the sausages time to defrost and prevent the edges from burning. After the first 5 mins, you can increase the temperature.
- Remember to flip the sausages over at the suggested time in this recipe to ensure even cooking. This won’t be necessary if you are cooking these in thhe Cosori dual blaze air fryer,
Here you’ll find answers to common questions about this recipe. If your question isn’t answered, please leave us a comment below and we’ll gladly answer them.
Can you put Jimmy Dean sausage in the air fryer?
Oh yes! You can definitely put Jimmy Dean’s fully cooked sausage patties or links in the air fryer. It will only cook in less time than these frozen and raw sausage patties. Cook them at 380°F for 6 to 8 mins or until they are warmed through.
Are sausage patties raw or fully cooked?
Sausage patties can either be raw or fully cooked. Depends on the brand and what you’re cooking them for.
Can you cook frozen bob evans sausage patties in the air fryer?
Yes you can. In fact the Bob Evans brand was used to test this recipe.
What to do with frozen sausage patties?
You cook them and enjoy them. That’s about what you can do with these.
If you try this recipe, show it off on Instagram! Be sure to Follow and Tag @Airfryeryumblog on Instagram and use the hashtag #airfryeryumblog so we can see your recreations!
More air fryer recipes
- Air fryer Kielbasa sausages
- Breakfast sausages in air fryer
- Frozen sausage links in air fryer
- Air fryer ham and cheese sliders
- Air fryer chicken sausage
Check out all our >>>Air fryer Recipes!
Did you find this recipe helpful? Leave me a comment about it or any recipe idea you would love Air fryer ‘yummed’ and don’t forget to share with family and friends.
Happy Air frying!
Love it? Pin it! Then follow Air Fryer Yum on Pinterest for more deliciousness!
Looking for more air fryer recipes? Sign up for our yummy newsletter and Follow along on Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest and Tiktok for updates. Remember to Subscribe to my YouTube Channel for weekly videos.
Loving your air fryer much? Join other Air Fryer Buddies in our exclusive free Easy Air Fryer Recipes Group on Facebook!
New to the world of Air frying? We’ve got you covered. Check out our helpful >>> Air fryer Resources!
Shop all air fryers and air fryer accessories at our Amazon store.
Air Fryer Yum’s Pro Tip! Air fryer temperatures may vary depending on size, make and model. When making a recipe for the first time, start with less time, check for doneness then add more time as needed.
Air fryer frozen sausage patties
- Cosori Air fryer
- Kitchen tongs
- 8 Sausage patties
- 8 Slider buns
- 2 Cheddar cheese slices cut in quarters
Frozen raw sausage patties
- Place frozen raw sausage patties in air fryer. Set temperature to 350°F / 180°C and air fry for 5 mins.
- After 5 mins, increase temp to 400°F / 200°C and cook for 3 more mins on the same side then flip and cook for another 3 to 4 mins.
- Let’s sausages rest for a Minute before serving.
Fully cooked frozen sausage patties
- Place fully cooked sausages in air fryer basket. Set temperature to 400°F / 200°C and cook for 6 mins
- No need to preheat the air fryer. If you do, these may cook in less time.
- If cooking with an air fryer oven like the instant pot vortex oven cook in the middle rack for about 2 minutes less with the air fryer basket because the instant vortex preheats automatically.
- Do not over crowd the basket and be sure to flip the sausages half way through cooking time.
- Cook sausages from frozen, no need to thaw.
- Start at a lower temperature when cooking frozen sausages. This will give the sausages time to defrost and prevent the edges from burning. After the first 5 mins, you can increase the temperature. Remember to flip the sausages over at the suggested time in this recipe to ensure even cooking. This won’t be necessary if you are cooking these in thhe Cosori dual blaze air fryer.
Did you make this air fryer recipe? Awesome! Please rate it by clicking the stars ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ when you leave a comment below. If you loved it please share the link to this recipe with family and friends and in you favorite Facebook group.
Perfect! So good!
Air Fryer Yum says
Thank you Paula!