Can you cook breakfast sausage in air fryer? This a very common question I hear all the time in Facebook groups. Air fryer breakfast sausage is not only a thing but actually turns well cooked and delicious. Here’s the chance to get all your burning questions answered with regards to this topic cos I’ll show you in easy steps how to make the best breakfast sausage links in the air fryer.
Table of Contents
- 1 Air fryer Breakfast sausage links
- 2 Join our Air fryer recipes group on Facebook!
- 3 Breakfast sausage! Air fryer? Here’s why it works.
- 4 Ingredients
- 5 How to make breakfast sausage in air fryer
- 6 Storage and reheating
- 7 Air frying Tips
- 8 How long to cook breakfast sausages
- 9 Frequently asked questions
- 10 More air fryer sausage and bacon recipes
- 11 Air fryer breakfast sausage recipe
The air fryer is my go to when making breakfast sausages these days. Whether it’s cooked from frozen or thawed the results are always juicy sausages encased in well browned crispy skin. These go perfectly with bacon, toast, scrambled eggs or omelette.
Irrespective of brand or flavor these air fryer breakfast sausage recipe never disappoints. You’ll love how delicious it turns out in this amazing kitchen appliance.
Breakfast sausage! Air fryer? Here’s why it works.
I must say since making these breakfast sausages this way I have never gone back to use my skillet on the stove top and I know if you do give it a go, you’re likely to get hooked too! Here are a few of the reasons why we love these air fried breakfast links
- Easy to make
- Fits in most diets
- Family friendly
- Almost Hands free cooking that’s gets ready in less than 10 mins. No babysitting needed.
- Breakfast sausage of choice
- Ingredients for your favorite side dish
Breakfast sausage brands
There are quite a number of breakfast sausage brands in the US and they also come in a variety of flavors like original or maple flavored. They also come in fresh and full cooked.
- Jimmy dean
- Banquet (fully cooked)
How to make breakfast sausage in air fryer
This is an overview of the recipe with step by step photos. Scroll down to end of post for a printable recipe card with the amount of ingredients and full recipe instructions.
Fresh breakfast sausages
Place fresh breakfast sausage links in the air fryer basket or racks. Set temperature to 400°F / 200°C and air fry for 8 to 10 mins baker style air fryer and 10 to 12 mins oven style air fryer.
Fully cooked breakfast sausage links
Fully cooked breakfast sausages like Banquet can be reheated in the air fryer instead of the microwave for a more crispy exterior. Air fryer these sausages at 400°F / 200°C for 6 minutes or till warmed through.
How to make Frozen breakfast sausage in air fryer
Place frozen sausages in air fryer basket, no need to thaw. Cook at 400°F / 200°C for 10 to 12 minutes. Be Sure to keep a close eye on it once it gets to 10 mins and don’t forget to flip the sausages or shake the basket half way through.
Storage and reheating
Air fryer breakfast sausages store well in the refrigerator or freezer and can be made ahead for meal planning purposes. Place cooked sausages in an air tight container in the refrigerator and consume within 5 days.
How long do you freeze sausages?
Sausages can be frozen for up to 2 months. Let the cooked sausages cool completely before storing in a freezer bag or meal prep plates.
Air frying Tips
- No need to preheat the air fryer
- Do not overcrowd the basket to ensure even cooking.
- Be sure to flip sausages half way through cooking time.
How long to cook breakfast sausages
This usually depends on the state of the sausages before cooking. This means it depends on if you are air frying from fresh, frozen or fully cooked.
Fresh breakfast sausages will take 8 to 10 mins to cook in the air fryer at 400°F / 200°C while frozen will take 10 to 12 mins and frilly cooked 6 to 8 mins.
Frequently asked questions
Can you freeze sausages after you’ve cooked them?
Yes. Sausages can be frozen after you’ve cooked them. This is a great way to ensure less waste of food especially if you bought then on sale and the expiry date is near. They can freeze for up to 2 months without losing taste.
What’s the difference between breakfast sausage and regular sausage?
The main difference between Breakfast sausage (also called country sausage in the US) and regular sausages is the ingredients used. One of the main ingredients used in breakfast sausages are sage, brown sugar thyme and sometimes maple syrup to mention a few.
You would find that breakfast sausages taste different from regular sausages or Italian sausages. Another minor difference may be size most breakfast sausages come in small links.
Can you cook sausages and bacon together in an air fryer?
Yes you can cook sausages and bacon together and at the same time in an air fryer. And it is particularly true for breakfast sausages because they get ready at the same time (8 to 10mins) If cooking bigger sausages which usually get ready in 15 mins, you will start cooking the sausages first then add the bacon later when it’s about 8 mins of cooking time left for the sausages.
Did you find this recipe helpful? Leave me a comment about it or any recipe idea you would love Air fryer ‘yummed’ and don’t forget to share with family and friends.
Happy Air frying!
Love it? Pin it!
Looking for more air fryer recipes? Sign up for our yummy newsletter and Follow along on Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest and Tiktok for updates. Remember to Subscribe to my YouTube Channel for weekly videos.
Loving your air fryer much? Join other Air Fryer Buddies in our exclusive free Easy Air Fryer Recipes Group on Facebook!
New to the world of Air frying? We’ve got you covered. Check out our helpful >>> Air fryer Resources!
Shop all air fryers and air fryer accessories at our Amazon store.
Air Fryer Yum’s Pro Tip! Air fryer temperatures may vary depending on size, make and model. When making a recipe for the first time, start with less time, check for doneness then add more time as needed.
Air fryer breakfast sausage recipe
- Cosori Air fryer
- Kitchen tongs
- 12 links Breakfast sausages (any brand or flavor)
- Scrambled eggs
Fresh breakfast sausages
- Place sausage links in air fryer. Set temperature to 400°F / 200°C and air fry for 8 to 10 mins.
- Remember to shake the basket or flip the sausages half way through cooking time to ensure sausages brown and cook evenly on all sides.
Fully cooked breakfast sausages
- Place fully cooked sausages in air fryer basket. Set temperature to 400°F / 200°C and cook for 6 mins
Frozen breakfast sausages
- Arrange the frozen sausages in the basket without overcrowding. Cook at 400°F / 200°C for 10 to 12 mins
- No need to preheat the air fryer. If you do, cook sausages in less time. Start checking for doneness at 7 mins for fresh sausage links.
- If cooking with an air fryer oven like the instant pot vortex oven cook in the middle rack for about 2 minutes less with the air fryer basket because the instant vortex preheats automatically.
- Do not over crowd the basket and be sure to flip the sausages half way through cooking time.
Did you make this recipe? Awesome! Please rate it by clicking the stars ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ when you leave a comment below. Also be sure to Follow & Tag @AirFryerYumBlog on Instagram when you make any of our recipes. We are honored and would love to see your recreations of our recipes!