Air fryer cottage fries! A potato lovers dream that’s cooked to perfection in the air fryer. These well seasoned crispy cottage fries are as easy to make as this air fryer loaded baked potato rounds recipe.
Simply another nice way to make home fries and switch things up from the regular French fries that we make more often. Air fryer cottage fries are suitable for a gluten free, vegan and vegetarian diet.
Table of Contents
- 1 Cottage fries in air fryer.
- 2 Join our Air fryer recipes group on Facebook
- 3 What are cottage fries?
- 4 Why you’ll love this recipe.
- 5 Ingredients
- 6 How to air fry cottage fries
- 7 Seasoning variations for this recipe
- 8 Best dipping sauce for cottage fries
- 9 How to store and reheat Air fryer cottage fries
- 10 Air frying Tips
- 11 FAQs
- 12 More air fryer Potato recipes
- 13 Air fryer cottage fries
Cottage fries in air fryer.
Sometimes we need some different kind of fries! French fries really is the most popular kind of fries. In fact it’s so popular that we forget there are other ways to cut a potato and enjoy it differently. Enter these air fryer cottage fries.
These are an easy way to enjoy a quick and easy potato dish in your air fryer. With a few ingredients and just about 20 mins you have this easy side dish ready to serve with chicken, beef or fish. You are also welcome to enjoy as is with a nice dipping sauce.
What are cottage fries?
Cottage fries are round potato fries. Similar to these Air fryer potato slices and loaded baked potato rounds. They are usually sliced into thicker slices and than our air fried potato slices and then deep fried.
These fries are sometimes called cottage chips, cottage cut fries or cottage cut chips. Today we will be making a healthier version in our air fryer
Why you’ll love this recipe.
- Tasty: The rosemary added to these air fryer cottage fries took this dish to a whole new level. If you haven’t tried rosemary roasted potatoes, these will convince you to.
- Easy: This is super easy to make and even easier in the air fryer with little in no babysitting of your food. This is definitely easy air fryer recipe
- Family friendly
- Can be included in a gluten free, vegan or vegetarian diet
- Ground rosemary
- Black pepper
Best potatoes for air fryer cottage fries
Yukon gold and Idaho potatoes are great alternatives. If you don’t have any of these, you can use red potatoes or yellow potatoes. Those are waxy potatoes and not my first choice for baking because they take longer and don’t crisp up as much as russet potatoes.
How to air fry cottage fries
This is an overview of the recipe with step by step photos. Scroll down to end of post for a printable recipe card with the amount of ingredients and full recipe instructions.
Wash potatoes thoroughly, cut into ¼ inch slices, add oil and seasoning. Mix till all the potato slices are evenly coated.
Transfer seasoned potatoes to air fryer basket or tray. it’s ok if the slices overlap a bit but do not overcrowd the basket. Air fry at 400°F / 200°C for 15 to 18 mins or until fully cooked and fork tenderwith crispy edges.
Seasoning variations for this recipe
These air fried cottage fries are made with simple seasoning. You can easily elevate it by switching up the spices / seasoning blend used.
- Cajun seasoning: Season this cottage potato slices with Cajun seasoning and enjoy and different kind of flavor.
- Jerk seasoning: Have you tried jerk seasoned Potatoes? Infuse some Caribbean flavors in your spuds.
- Load it up with cheese: want something more classy? Make these delectable air fryer loaded baked potato slices and get your family and friends raving about it.
Best dipping sauce for cottage fries
To be honest there’s no right or wrong way to enjoy homemade cottage fries. What ever you can use for French fries, you can use for these! Here are some of my favorites.
- Spicy sour cream dip: same delicious dip I used for these air fryer bacon wrapped potatoes. So good.
- Fry sauce
- Remoulade sauce
How to store and reheat Air fryer cottage fries
I usually prefer to enjoy my fries on the same day. But since the invent of the air fryers I have gradually changed my mind. These day when there are leftovers I reheat the fries in my air fryer and I still love it.
To store leftovers, let the potatoes cool completely then store in an air tight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
How to reheat
Place in the air fryer basket and air fry at 400°F / 200°C for 3 to 4 mins or until heated through.
Air frying Tips
- It’s ok for the slices to overlap slightly but Do not overcrowd the basket, cook in batches if needed
- I usually don’t preheat my air fryers (Cosori and Gourmia) except when using my instant vortex pro air fryer oven.
- Cut the into similar sizes so that they cook evenly.
Why are they called cottage fries?
To be honest I really don’t know why but I’ve read that these are called cottage fries because they are shaped like the roofs of the little cottages seen in story books. I honestly don’t know how true this is. If you know the reason why it’s called cot are called cottage fries because
How long to cook cottage fries in air fryer?
It took me 15 mins to cook these in the air fryer. However it’s important to note that the length of time it takes to cook foods in the air fryer is dependent on the brand of air fryer you are using. Some air fryers cook hotter than others.
Also bear in mind that different types of potatoes have different cooking times. Starchy potatoes tend to cook faster than waxy ones. Russet potatoes are starchy and tend to cook faster than Red potatoes which are waxy.
Are air fryer cottage fries crispy?
Cottage fries are well seasoned fries that have crispy edger and fluffy centers.
If you try this recipe, show it off on Instagram! Be sure to Follow and Tag @Airfryeryumblog on Instagram and use the hashtag #airfryeryumblog so we can see your recreations!
More air fryer Potato recipes
- Air fryer potato wedges
- Roasted air fryer rosemary potatoes
- Air fryer baby potatoes
- Frozen sweet potato fries in air fryer
- Air fryer red potatoes
Other air fryer recipes you’ll love
- Air fryer carrots
- The best Air fryer hot dogs recipe
- Air fryer frozen chicken wings
- Crispy air fryer bacon wrapped chicken legs
- Air fryer butterfly chicken drumsticks
- Sweet air fryer plantains recipe
Check out all our >>>Air fryer Recipes!
Did you find this recipe helpful? Leave me a comment about it or any recipe idea you would love Air fryer ‘yummed’ and don’t forget to share with family and friends.
Happy Air frying!
Love it? Pin it! Then follow Air Fryer Yum on Pinterest for more deliciousness!
Looking for more air fryer recipes? Sign up for our yummy newsletter and Follow along on Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest and Tiktok for updates. Remember to Subscribe to my YouTube Channel for weekly videos.
Loving your air fryer much? Join other Air Fryer Buddies in our exclusive free Easy Air Fryer Recipes Group on Facebook!
New to the world of Air frying? We’ve got you covered. Check out our helpful >>> Air fryer Resources!
Shop all air fryers and air fryer accessories at our Amazon store.
Air Fryer Yum’s Pro Tip! Air fryer temperatures may vary depending on size, make and model. When making a recipe for the first time, start with less time, check for doneness then add more time as needed.
Air fryer cottage fries
- Air fryer
- 1.8 lbs Potatoes (cut into slices)
- 2 Tablespoons Oil
- 1 Teaspoon Garlic powder
- ½ Teaspoon Salt
- ¼ Teaspoon Ground Rosemary
- ½ Teaspoon Ground Paprika
- ¼ Teaspoon ground black pepper
- Wash and scrub potatoes thoroughly especially if you would not be peeling the skin.
- Pat potatoes dry then cut into ¼ inch slices before transfering to a mixing bowl
- Add the oil, salt and seasoning to the potato slices. Mix till Potatoes are evenly coated.
- Transfer seasoned potato slices to the air fryer basket. Set temperature to 400°F / 200°C and cook for 15 mins remember to shake basket half through cooking time to ensure the cottage potatoes cooker evenly.
- Repeat with second batch when the first batch is cooked through.
- Serve with your favorite dip or side dish.
Did you make this air fryer recipe? Awesome! Please rate it by clicking the stars ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ when you leave a comment below. If you loved it please share the link to this recipe with family and friends and in you favorite Facebook group.