These air fried Oreos are even better to than the deep fried Oreos we get at the state fair. All you need to make these are three ingredients; Oreos, Crescent rolls, powdered sugar and your favorite kitchen appliance.
Do you love those decadent fair treats like fried Oreos and funnel cakes? The Deep fried, warm dough with one of America’s fav cookies in it dusted with loads of powdered sugar! If your answer is yes, then you’ll love this air fryer version. In less than 10 mins you are already reliving your moments at the last fair while you munch away.
Air fryer fried Oreos Recipe
I’ll start by saying this is meant to be a treat for many reasons. Air fried Oreos will make you have a homemade version that is slightly healthier than the deep fried ones and that’s not a ticket to splurge, you need to apply some self control because these are sooo good.
The use of the crescent rolls to make these is a genius idea not mine by the way. It takes away the mess of deep frying and also lowers the fat content by a ton.
Why you’ll love this recipe
- It’s somewhat Healthier: no deep frying involved so it’s kinda healthier. Indulge in moderation though!
- Less messy: No batter or deep frying involved. Just wrap up Oreos in a cozy blanket aka crescent rolls and air fry.
- Easy: should this even be called a recipe? Some people might argue, because this is super simple and beginner friendly.
Related: Air fryer bacon wrapped Oreos, Air fryer Twinkies
What are the Ingredients for fried Oreos in the air fryer?
- Crescent rolls (any brand would work, I’ve use Pillsbury and store brands)
- Oreo cookies or any store brand chocolate sandwich cookies.
- Powdered sugar
Low carb / keto version: This will definitely fall under the dirty keto category. To be honest I wouldn’t recommend this for someone on a keto or low carb diet. However in the spirit of not being or feeling too restricted there are ways to make this happen while eating low carb. Use low carb Oreos store bought or homemade wrap with fathead dough, air fry and dust with sugar free powdered sweetener.
How to make air fryer Oreos
This is an overview of the recipe with step by step photos. Scroll down to end of post for a printable recipe card with the amount of ingredients and full recipe instructions.
Open the can of Pillsbury crescent roll dough and unroll the dough. Place on parchment paper. If it’s the precut dough use a pizza wheel to separate the triangles. Place an Oreo cookie on each triangle.
Cover each oreo with a dough triangle, gently place wrapped Oreos in the air free basket or middle rack of an oven style air fryer and bake at 330°F / 165°C for 8 mins or until Golden brown. Remember to flip in the last 2 mins so the underside gets baked as well.
How to store and reheat
I don’t recommend storing these for later. It’s best eaten immediately while warm. The crescents aren’t as soft and fluffy as it was on the same day it was made.
If you have leftovers and really must store, do not keep for more than a day. Store in an air tight container in the refrigerator. Reheat in the microwave at 330°F / 165°C till warmed through, about 3 to 4 minutes.
Air frying Tips
- No need to preheat your air fryer.
- Do not overcrowd the air fryer basket. Cook in batches if needed.
- You don’t need to chill the Oreos to make these.
- Oreos with double filling can be used as well.
Frequently asked questions
Can I put Oreos in the air fryer?
Definitely! Yes you can put Oreos in the air fryer. Whether it’s as air fried Oreos or as bacon wrapped Oreos.
Are fried Oreos healthy?
Honestly, air fried Oreos are not some of the healthiest treats but it’s a healthier version of the original state fair deep fried Oreos. Should you make a habit of indulging in this recipe? No! It should be an occasional treat
Can you reheat deep fried Oreos in the air fryer?
To reheat deep fried Oreos, place in the air fryer basket and sit
If you try this recipe, show it off on Instagram! Be sure to Follow and Tag @Airfryeryumblog on Instagram and use the hashtag #airfryeryumblog so we can see your recreations!
Did you find this recipe helpful? Leave me a comment about it or any recipe idea you would love Air fryer ‘yummed’ and don’t forget to share with family and friends.
Happy Air frying!
Love it? Pin it! Then follow Air Fryer Yum on Pinterest for more air fryer dessert recipes!
Looking for more air fryer recipes? Sign up for our yummy newsletter and Follow along on Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest and Tiktok for updates. Remember to Subscribe to my YouTube Channel for weekly videos.
Loving your air fryer much? Join other Air Fryer Buddies in our exclusive free Easy Air Fryer Recipes Group on Facebook!
New to the world of Air frying? We’ve got you covered. Check out our helpful >>> Air fryer Resources!
Shop all air fryers and air fryer accessories at our Amazon store.
Air Fryer Yum’s Pro Tip! Air fryer temperatures may vary depending on size, make and model. When making a recipe for the first time, start with less time, check for doneness then add more time as needed.
Air fried Oreos with crescent rolls
- Parchment paper (optional)
- Cosori Air fryer
- Pizza wheel (Optional)
- 8 Oreo cookies
- 1 Can Refrigerated Crescent rolls
- 2 Tablespoons powdered sugar
- Open and unwrap crescent dough. Place the dough on a parchment on your work surface.
- With the pizza wheel or knife, cut across the precut lines to separate the individual triangles.
- Place Oreo cookies in each triangle, wrap each Oreo with a dough triangle making sure it’s well covered but not torn. If it’s turn gently patch it up by smoothening it.
- Place wrapped Oreos in the air fryer basket and air fry at 330°F / 1 for 8 mins. Flip over in the last 2 mins.
- When the cooking cycle is completed, bring the air fried Oreos out with a cookie spatula and dust with powdered sugar. Serve warm.
Nutritional information is an estimate and may change based on products used. Please read full nutrition disclaimer here.
Did you make this air fryer fried Oreos recipe? Awesome! Please rate it by clicking the stars ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ when you leave a comment below. If you loved it please share the link to this recipe with family and friends and in you favorite Facebook group.