Banana boats are nice and warm decadent campfire desserts that are fun to make. These Air fryer banana s’mores are super easy and delicious. Toasty marshmallows and melty chocolate topped with vanilla ice cream is what beautiful summer dreams are made of.
Table of Contents
- 1 Air fryer Banana boats (Campfire Banana s’mores Recipe)
- 2 Join our Air fryer recipes group on Facebook
- 3 Here’s why this recipe works
- 4 Ingredients
- 5 How to make banana boats in air fryer
- 6 How to store and reheat air fryer banana s’mores
- 7 Air frying Tips
- 8 FAQs
- 9 More Air fryer Camp fire treats like these banana smores
- 10 Some more air fryer dessert recipes
- 11 Air fryer Banana boats (Campfire banana s’mores)
Air fryer Banana boats (Campfire Banana s’mores Recipe)
Nope this isn’t about the banana boat song this is a recipe about ripe bananas stuffed with chocolate, mini marshmallows, some graham crackers popped into the air fryer till the chocolate melts, and the marshmallows become toasty then it’s topped with vanilla ice cream.
The Air fryer makes it possible to enjoy campfire desserts like air fryer s’mores, S’mores dip and now these air fryer Banana boats all year round in the comfort of your home without needing to turn on your oven at all. Isn’t that amazing?
The beautiful moments from your childhood out door camping, scout meetings, family singalongs can be relived right in your living room with these indoor campfire treats.
Here’s why this recipe works
- Easy: This is an easy treat you can make in your air fry no need to heat up the house by turning in your oven.
- No need to turn on your oven
- Can be enjoyed any time of the year with no limitation (now I’m beginning to wonder if this is a good or not so good thing 🤔 because if it’s possible effect to the waistline) Solution: Enjoy air fryer banana boats with caution.
- Ripe but firm bananas
- Mini marshmallows
- Chocolate chips
- Graham crackers
- Aluminum Foil
- Air fryer
How to make banana boats in air fryer
This is an overview of the recipe with step by step photos. Scroll down to end of post for a printable recipe card with the amount of ingredients and full recipe instructions.
Make a slit down the middle of the ripe bananas. Stuff the sides with mini marshmallows, chocolate chips and some crushed graham crackers.
You can either wrap the bananas with foil or create a cradle with it to hold the bananas. Air fry at 350°F / 180°C for 5 to 6 mins
How to store and reheat air fryer banana s’mores
Indoor banana s’mores are best enjoyed immediately, it doesn’t store well. The air fryer makes it easy to make small batches so there’s no need to have leftovers. Simply make the quantity you can consume at a time.
Air frying Tips
- Be careful when making the slit so it’s not too long. Be careful not tear the skin beyond the intended line.
- Some of the chocolate chips may burn depending on how much you want your marshmallows toasted. To avoid this may want to wrap the whole banana in foil but this may affect the toasting of the marshmallows.
- No need to preheat the air fryer.
What are banana boats?
Banana boats are simply bananas that have been split down the middle and stuffed with chocolate and marshmallows. This banana dessert is similar to banana split. The name boats originates from the semblance of this treat to a boat.
How to eat banana s’mores
You need a spoon to scoop out this delicious dessert.
What can I use instead of graham crackers for s’mores?
You can substitute graham crackers with digestive biscuit if you are in the UK. You can also use teddy graham crackers or store brand graham crackers.
If you try this air fryer banana s’mores, show it off on Instagram! Be sure to Follow and Tag @Airfryeryumblog on Instagram and use the hashtag #airfryeryumblog so we can see your recreations!
More Air fryer Camp fire treats like these banana smores
Did you find this recipe helpful? Leave me a comment about it or any recipe idea you would love Air fryer ‘yummed’ and don’t forget to share with family and friends.
Happy Air frying!
Love it? Pin it! Then follow Air Fryer Yum on Pinterest for more air fryer desserts!
Looking for more air fryer recipes? Sign up for our yummy newsletter and Follow along on Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest and Tiktok for updates. Remember to Subscribe to my YouTube Channel for weekly videos.
Loving your air fryer much? Join other Air Fryer Buddies in our exclusive free Easy Air Fryer Recipes Group on Facebook!
New to the world of Air frying? We’ve got you covered. Check out our helpful >>> Air fryer Resources!
Shop all air fryers and air fryer accessories at our Amazon store.
Air Fryer Yum’s Pro Tip! Air fryer temperatures may vary depending on size, make and model. When making a recipe for the first time, start with less time, check for doneness then add more time as needed.
Air fryer Banana boats (Campfire banana s’mores)
- Cosori Air fryer
- Aluminum foil
- Kitchen tongs
- 2 Medium Ripe bananas
- ¼ Cup mini marshmallows
- 2 Tablespoons Chocolate chips
- 1 Stick Graham crackers
- Make a slit about ⅛ in thick in the middle of bananas.
- Gently widen the slit and stuff the sides with mini marshmallows and some of the chocolate chips. Top off with more marshmallows, chocolate chips and crumbled graham crackers
- Create a cradle for each banana with the foil and place the bananas in the air fryer basket.
- Air fry at 350°F / 180°C for 5 to 6 minutes or until chocolate is melted, marshmallows are toasted to your liking. The banana should have blackened too.
- Bring out the boats with kitchen tongs
- Serve with vanilla ice cream
Did you make this air fryer recipe? Awesome! Please rate it by clicking the stars ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ when you leave a comment below. If you loved it please share the link to this recipe with family and friends and in you favorite Facebook group.