Banana bread bundt cake is a perfect treat that can be made right in the air fryer and requires a few ingredients. Banana bread is one of our favorite air fryer baked goods you might see from my banana muffins, chocolate muffins and mini breads.
Using bundt pans to bake takes any cake up a notch with a nice design that any frosted cake would envy! Whether you choose to call it banana bundt cake or banana bundt bread you are in order. Make sure to enjoy this amazing and delicious recipe!
Why this Banana bread bundt cake recipe works in the air fryer
The air fryer is like a Mini convection oven so baking in the air fryer isn’t something intimidating. It’s simply mix, dump and bake.
This banana bread bundt cake is moist and fluffy. It’s easy to make and gets ready in less time than it would take you to make it in the oven.
You can decide to serve it as a desert or breakfast. Talk about desert for breakfast, who doesn’t like that?. Go ahead and top it with some simple glaze to make it more of a dessert.
Banana bread vs banana cake
You might be wondering, what is really the difference between banana bread and banana cake. Trust me you are not alone on that one since they are really similar.
Let me try to explain what the similarities and differences are with these two banana recipes.
- Same ingredients
- Moist and delicious
- Ingredients Substitutions work both ways
- Banana bread is dense while Banana cake is lighter and fluffy.
- Melted butter is used in banana bread while room butter is used for the cake.
- Dump all and mix method is used for banana bread and creaming method of baking is used for banana bundt cake.
- Bananas are mashed leaving visible chunks of mashed bananas while the bananas are blended till smooth for the cake
- Very ripe bananas
- Butternut or oil
- All purpose flour
- Vanilla extract
- Baking powder
- Baking soda
Butter: This can be swapped out with oil or vegan butter.
Eggs: Swap out the eggs with an extra banana if you have egg allergies or you are eating vegan or plant-based.
Sugar: Swap out the sugar with a sugar free sweetener to keep the sugar content low.
Flour: Swap out the all purpose flour (APF) with self rising flour.
Cinnamon: This can be swapped out for nutmeg for a change of flavor.
How to make banana bundt cake in the Air fryer
This is an overview of the recipe. Full recipe can be found at the printable recipe card at the bottom of the page. Follow the steps below to make this easy banana bundt cake
Blend ripe bananas till smooth. Cream butter and sugar till light and fluffy. Add the eggs, blended bananas and vanilla extract. Mix to combine add the flour, baking powder and soda.
Mix lightly then fold in to combine fully. Transfer batter to well greased pan, cover with foil and Bake at 330°F / 165°C for 25 mins then remove the foil and bake for 10 more minutes or until a tooth pick comes out clean.
**If at 35 mins the cake is still not fully cooked, bake for another 3-5 minutes.
Make it in the oven
Preheat the oven to 375°F / 190°C / Gas mark 5
Mix ingredients as described above, bake in the preheated oven for 40 - 50 mins or until an inserted toothpick comes out clean.
Best Banana Bread cake pan.
I used a bundt cake pan which I think is my favorite to use to make this banana bread cake. However it’s only called a banana bundt cake because it’s made in a bundt pan.
If don’t have one, you can bake it in any cake pan that would fit in your air fryer. Based on the batter, I would suggest any one of the following sizes with links to show you the ones I have
- 8 inch round cake pan,
- 8 by 4 loaf pan
- 2 mini loaf pans
How to grease a bundt pan
This is a helpful post with lots of details on how to grease a bundt pan perfectly you should check it out. However I will also give an overview to help you get it right. No cake sticking to the pan I promise.
First off for best results ditch the non stick sprays in pressurized can. They contain substances that are not good for the non-stick surface of bundt pans. Also it doesn’t prevent the cake from sticking.
You should use the shortening/ butter and flour method. Brush on the butter/ shortening paying attention to all the crevices then dust with flour. Alternatively use cake goop also called cake release. be sure to check this post on how to grease a bundt pan.
Removing the banana bundt cake from the pan.
After baking, let the cake cool for a minimum of 10 mins. Then place a cooling rack over the baking pan.
Gently flip it over and the cake will slide out onto the cooling rack.
Tips for success
- Use room temp ingredients.
- I highly recommend blending the bananas to give the texture a more smooth cake like texture especially if you won’t be adding textured add ins like nuts, raising and/or fruit peels which I use when making bananas fruit cakes.
- Cream butter and sugar/ sweetener with a hand mixer or stand mixer to add a good amount of volume and air.
- When you add the flour, whisk gently for a minute and as soon as the most flour is incorporated fold in the rest with a spatula. This will prevent over mixing the batter.
- When blending the bananas it’s ok to add he eggs too.
Frequently asked questions
Can you use regular cake mix in a bundt pan?
Yes you can. A bundt pan is a cake pan. You can bake a from scratch cake or cake mix in it without problems.
Should you let a bundt pan cool before flipping?
It’s best to let the bundt cake cool significantly but not completely. It’s actually best to un-mold bundt cakes when they are still slightly warm.
Can you use PAM to grease a bundt pan
I won’t recommend the use of PAM or any other brand of pressurize nonstick spray on bundt pans because it doesn’t help. Read more above.
We’ve got more Banana bread recipes
- Banana bread muffins in the air fryer
- Air fryer chocolate banana bread muffins
- Tiktok baked oats
- Chocolate baked oatmeal
Here are some more air fryer desserts
- Air fryer Madeleines
- Melt in your mouth air fryer Shortbread cookies
- Air fryer strawberry thumbprint cookies
- Cream filled churros
- All our air fryer dessert recipes
Check out all our >>>Air fryer Recipes!
Did you find this recipe helpful? Leave me a comment about it or any recipe idea you would love Air fryer ‘yummed’ and don’t forget to share with family and friends.
Happy Air frying!
Love it? Pin it!
Looking for more air fryer recipes? Sign up for our yummy newsletter and Follow along on Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest and Tiktok for updates. Remember to Subscribe to my YouTube Channel for weekly videos.
Loving your air fryer much? Join other Air Fryer Buddies in our exclusive free Easy Air Fryer Recipes Group on Facebook!
New to the world of Air frying? We’ve got you covered. Check out our helpful >>> Air fryer Resources!
Shop all air fryers and air fryer accessories at our Amazon store.
Banana bread bundt cake in the air fryer
- Air fryer
- 6 cup Bundt pan
- Silicon brush
- 3 very ripe bananas
- 2 large eggs (well beaten)
- 113g (½ cup) salted butter
- ¾ cup Sweetener of choice like sugar or sugar free substitute (I used monk-fruit sweetener)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- 210g (1½ cup) All purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- Grease and flour the bundt pan and set aside.
- Blend banana till smooth and set aside
- Cream butter and sugar till light and fluffy. Add banana purée, vanilla extract and eggs. Mix to combine.
- Add flour, baking powder and baking soda to the wet ingredients, then mix to combine. Be careful not to overmix.
- Scoop batter into prepared bundt pan, cover with tin foil and bake in Air fryer at 330°F / 165°C for 25 mins. After 25 mins, remove the foil and bake for another 10 mins or until tooth pick comes out clean.
- Let the cake cool in the bundt Pan for 10 mins before bringing it out of the pan.
- I used monk-fruit sweetener to cut down on sugar to make the cake refined sugar free and low calorie. Feel free to use regular sugar.
- I didn’t preheat my air fryer
- If the cake isn’t ready at 35 mins, bake for another 3-5 mins.
Nutritional information is an estimate and may change based on products used. Please read full nutrition disclaimer here.