If you haven’t tried making frozen chicken breast in air fryer, you are missing out on a quick and easy way to cook chicken. My air fryer frozen chicken breast recipe checks all the boxes. These are seriously juicy and delicious!
Look no further than this tasty well cooked chicken when in search of a scrumptious side dish for dinner. This perfectly fried chicken will pair very well with salads, rice dishes and lots more. The is a stress free keto or low carb dinner you would love to make over and over.
Air fryer Frozen Chicken breast recipe
You may be wondering ‘can I really cook frozen chicken breasts in the air fryer?’ Yes you can. Just like you can cook frozen chicken wings and thighs in the air fryer. Air fryer frozen chicken breast are for real and I am happy to share with you why it works.
- I know I’m not alone when it comes to forgetting to pull out frozen foods in time from the freezer. This recipe helps you get dinner on the table on time, no one has to know you forgot the meat in the freezer. That’s our little secret. However if you are good at remembering to pull it out in time to thaw or if you’ve got fresh chicken breasts you should try this air juicy tender chicken breasts recipe.
- They really turn juicy and tender, no dried out chicken allowed here.
- Oh my! Are they flavorful? Oh yes they are flavor packed and delicious, these are so good. You really need to try.
Do you have to defrost chicken breast before air frying?
The air fryer does an amazing job with frozen foods and chicken breasts are no different. The best part is that you don’t need to defrost before air frying. Simply season with your favorite seasoning blend and air fry to delicious juicy perfection.
A meat thermometer is encouraged and recommended. Especially if you like your meats really juicy. This way you can know exactly when it’s cooked to the minimum safe temperature which is 165°F / 74°C for chicken.
What you’ll need! The Best Chicken breast seasoning.
- Frozen chicken breasts
- Red pepper flakes
- Onion powder
- Garlic powder
- White pepper
How to cook frozen chicken breast in air fryer
This is an overview of the recipe. A Full printable recipe card is at the bottom of this post. The following are the steps to cook frozen chicken breast that’s flavorful and not dry.
Place frozen chicken on a cutting board. Mix the spice blend with the oil. Brush the spice and oil blend generously on both sides of the chicken breasts.
Place frozen chicken in the air fryer basket and air fry at 400°F / 200°C for 10 mins. Pull out the air fryer basket, apply some of the rest of the oil and spice blend, flip chicken over and apply the remainder.
Continue cooking chicken for another 10-15 mins or until internal temperature reaches 165°F / 74°C
How long do you cook frozen chicken breasts in an air fryer
This will depend on the size of the chicken breasts. Frozen chicken breasts will cook any where from 15 mins to 20 mins at a temperature of 400°F / 200°C. The internal temperature should be at-least 165°F / 74°C
- Size is important: Choose frozen breasts that are similar in size so they all cook at the same time.
- Switch things up and use your favorite chicken seasoning.
- No need to thaw, cook from frozen.
- You can prepare the oil and spice blend mixture right before getting the frozen chicken out. So that when you apply it in the chicken. The ice helps to keep it on the chicken and it doesn’t slide off before you get the chance to place the meat in the air fryer.
Frequently asked questions
Is it safe to cook frozen chicken in an air fryer?
Yes it’s very safe to cook frozen chicken in an air fryer. The air fryer cooks frozen food to perfection. You get juicy delicious chicken in less time than it would take you to defrost and cook the recipe if using a different method.
How do you cook frozen chicken in an air fryer.
Easy peasy! Season the chicken, place in the air fryer and bake / air fry for the stated length of time in the recipe. You might need to adjust timing upwards or downwards depending on the size of the chicken.
Can you put frozen meat in an air fryer?
Most definitely. The air fryer cooks frozen foods to perfection.
More air fried chicken recipes
- Air fryer chicken drumsticks
- Honey sriracha chicken wings
- Juicy Air fryer chicken breast recipe
- Air fryer Chicken legs recipe
- Greek chicken souvlaki air fryer recipe
Check out all our >>> Air fryer Chicken recipes!
Other frozen foods made in the air fryer.
- Air fryer frozen chicken wings
- Frozen breaded chicken breasts in air fryer
- Dino chicken nuggets in the air fryer
- All our Air fryer frozen foods!
Check out all our >>>Air fryer Recipes!
Did you find this recipe helpful? Leave me a comment about it or any recipe idea you would love Air fryer ‘yummed’ and don’t forget to share with family and friends.
Happy Air frying!
Love it? Pin it!
Looking for more air fryer recipes? Sign up for our yummy newsletter and Follow along on Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest and Tiktok for updates. Remember to Subscribe to my YouTube Channel for weekly videos.
Loving your air fryer much? Join other Air Fryer Buddies in our exclusive free Easy Air Fryer Recipes Group on Facebook!
New to the world of Air frying? We’ve got you covered. Check out our helpful >>> Air fryer Resources!
Shop all air fryers and air fryer accessories at our Amazon store.
Air fryer frozen chicken breast recipe
- Cosori air fryer 5.8 qt
- Kitchen tongs
- Perforated Parchment paper (optional)
- 3 large Frozen chicken breasts (all 3 weighed close to 3 lbs)
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 Tablespoons Oil
- 1 teaspoon oregano (substitute with Italian seasoning)
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 ½ Teaspoons pepper flakes
- ¼ teaspoon white pepper
- Place frozen chicken breasts on a flat plate
- Mix seasoning and oil together in a bowl to make Marinade.
- Brush Marinade generously all over frozen chicken. You may have some extra left. Reserve it for later.
- Place frozen chicken in the air fryer basket. Set temperature to 400°F / 200°C and cook for 15 mins.
- Flip Chicken over and apply the rest of the marinade and continue cooking for another 10-12 mins or until internal temperature is 165°F / 74°C.
- Let it rest rest for 2 mins before serving
- Recipe was made in a non preheated air fryer. However keep an eye on subsequent batches as they may cook faster since the air fryer got preheated while cooking the first batch.
- This recipe can be doubled or tripled to suit your needs.
- The length of time it will take to cook the chicken will depend on the size of the chicken. Your best bet would be to use the a meat thermometer to make sure the internal temp is at least 165°F / 74°C
Nutritional information is an estimate and may change based on products used. Please read full nutrition disclaimer here.