Air fryer frozen fish fillets are a convenient and easy way to prepare fish at home. They are pre-breaded or marinated, and can be cooked directly from frozen in an air fryer. This method results in a crispy exterior and a moist and flaky interior, without the need for deep-frying.
They come already seasoned with various herbs and spices, and are typically ready to eat in about 10-15 minutes. It's also a healthy way to reheat breaded fish as it uses less oil.
Table of Contents
- 1 Crispy air fryer frozen fish fillets Recipe
- 2 Join our Air fryer recipes group on Facebook!
- 3 You’ll love this because
- 4 What you’ll need
- 5 How long do you cook frozen fish fillets in an air fryer
- 6 How to make frozen fish fillets in air fryer
- 7 What to serve with
- 8 How to store and reheat
- 9 Air frying Tips
- 10 FAQs
- 11 More air fryer seafood recipes
- 12 Air fryer frozen fish fillets (Gorton’s haddock fillet)
Crispy air fryer frozen fish fillets Recipe
This Air fryer frozen fish fillets is a game changer. The air fryer cooks frozen foods to perfection that’s why we occasionally stock up on some groceries from the refrigerator aisle when we go shopping.
You’d be surprised how versatile these frozen fish fillets are. They can be eaten on its own, served with salads, potatoes and rice dishes. It’s literally less than 15 mins away when you are looking for something quick and easy.
Join our Air fryer recipes group on Facebook!
You’ll love this because
It’s Quick and easy: Air fryer frozen fish fillets are popular because they are quick and easy to prepare, and they result in a crispy and delicious fish dish.
It requires minimal prep: because the fish is pre-breaded or marinated, it eliminates the need for additional prep work.
It’s convenient: these frozen fish fillets can be cooked directly from frozen, making it a convenient option for busy college students or families.
It yields consistent and tasty results: The air fryer cooks the fish by circulating hot air around it, which allows for the breading or marinade to become crispy and golden brown, while the fish remains moist and flaky.
It’s better than deep frying: This method of cooking also eliminates the need for deep-frying, which can make the dish healthier.
Related: Air fryer frozen Salmon, Air fryer Fish and Chips, Air fryer frozen tilapia
What you’ll need
- Your favorite brand of Frozen fish fillets, I used Gorton’s breaded Haddock fish fillets.
Tools used for this recipe
The links below may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon associate and affiliate to other merchants, this website may earn from qualifying purchases. Please read full disclosure here
- This recipe was made using the Cosori air fryer. I like that it comes in 3 colors, Black, Red and White (my favorite) it also cooks perfectly in the Ninja Air fryer 5.5 qt
- Perforated Parchment paper or perforated silicon Mat (optional)
- Kitchen tongs (optional)
- Digital instant read Meat thermometer
- Heat resistant mat for your counter top
- Meal prep bowls for storage and easy reheating
How long do you cook frozen fish fillets in an air fryer
The cooking time for frozen fish fillets in an air fryer will vary depending on the size and thickness of the fillets, as well as the temperature of the air fryer.
I usually cook frozen fish fillets in my air fryer at 400°F (200°C) for about 12-15 minutes. It's important to check the internal temperature of the fish using a meat thermometer, it should reach at least 145°F (63°C) to be safe to eat.
How to make frozen fish fillets in air fryer
This is an overview of the recipe with step by step photos. Scroll down to the end of this post for a printable recipe card with the amount of ingredients and full recipe instructions.
Place frozen fish fillets in air fryer basket no need to thaw.
Air fry at 400°F (200°C) for 12 to 15 mins
What to serve with
There are many options for side dishes that can be served with air fryer frozen fish fillets. Some of our favorite choices include:
- Vegetables and salads: Coleslaw, air fryer vegetables, air fryer carrots
- Potatoes: Air fryer cottage fries, air fryer potato slices,
- Fries: air fryer curly fries, sweet potato fries, air fryer steak fries, air fryer frozen French fries.
- Sauces like Tartar sauce, Ketchup
How to store and reheat
I recommend cooking the quantity you need at a time. However if you do have leftovers, let them cool completely before storing in a clean and dry air fryer container in the refrigerator for up to 2 days.
While you can be reheat in the microwave, and oven, my favorite way to reheat cooked fish fillets is in the air fryer because reheating in the microwave will likely alter the texture of the fish, making it less crispy. The oven will yield similar results to air frying but takes much more time.
Air fryer: Place fish in air fryer basket and set temp to 400°F / 200°C and air fryer for 3 to 5 minutes or until warmed through.
Reheating the fish fillets in an air fryer will help to restore their crispiness and keep the fish moist, making them taste as good as when they were first cooked.
Microwave: Place the fish fillets on a paper towel lined microwave-safe plate and heat for about 1-2 minutes, or until heated through.
Air frying Tips
- I didn’t preheat my air fryer, if you do, it will likely cook faster than stated in this post, please adjust cook time accordingly
- Cook from frozen, no need to thaw. Keep frozen fish in the freezer till ready to use
- Flip the fish fillets halfway through cooking to ensure even cooking on all sides.
- It's a good practice to check the instructions on the package of individual brands as some frozen fish fillets may have different cooking times or temperature than others.
Here you’ll find answers to common questions about this recipe. If your question isn’t answered, please leave us a comment below and we’ll gladly answer them.
Yes you cook frozen fish in the air fryer breaded or with no breading.
For best results, do not thaw breaded frozen fish fillets before air frying, cook straight from frozen.
I air fry Gorton’s frozen fish fillets for 12 to 15 mins at 400°F / 200°C
If you try this recipe, show it off on Instagram! Be sure to Follow and Tag @Airfryeryumblog on Instagram and use the hashtag #airfryeryumblog so we can see your recreations!
More air fryer seafood recipes
- Air fryer Salmon bites
- Air fryer Haddock
- Air fryer Salmon
- Air fryer Cajun Shrimp
- Air fryer Pescatarian recipes
- Air fryer jerk shrimp
Check out all our >>>Air fryer Recipes!
Did you find this recipe helpful? Leave me a comment about it or any recipe idea you would love Air fryer ‘yummed’ and don’t forget to share with family and friends.
Happy Air frying!
Love it? Pin it! Then follow Air Fryer Yum on Pinterest for more deliciousness!
Looking for more air fryer recipes? Sign up for our yummy newsletter and Follow along on Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest and Tiktok for updates. Remember to Subscribe to my YouTube Channel for weekly videos.
Loving your air fryer much? Join other Air Fryer Buddies in our exclusive free Easy Air Fryer Recipes Group on Facebook!
New to the world of Air frying? We’ve got you covered. Check out our helpful >>> Air fryer Resources!
Shop all air fryers and air fryer accessories at our Amazon store.
Air Fryer Yum’s Pro Tip! Air fryer temperatures may vary depending on size, make and model. When making a recipe for the first time, start with less time, check for doneness then add more time as needed.
Air fryer frozen fish fillets (Gorton’s haddock fillet)
- 4 Fillets Frozen fish
Basket style Air fryer
- Place frozen breaded haddock fillets in air fryer basket, set temperature to 400°F / 200°C and air fr for 12 to 15 mins. Flipping half way through.
Oven style air fryer
- Preheat air fryer to 400°F / 200°C for 4 mins.
- Place the frozen fish on the air fryer rack / tray then slide it into the middle level of the preheated air fryer oven
- Air fry for 11 to 13mins. Flip half way through with a pair of tongs.
- Cook straight from frozen, no need to thaw.
- If fish isn’t cooked through by stated time in your air fryer add more time as needed till it reaches the internal temperature of 145°F /63°C
Did you make this air fryer recipe? Awesome! Please rate it by clicking the stars ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ when you leave a comment below. If you loved it please share the link to this recipe with family and friends and in you favorite Facebook group.
Share your thoughts!