Cooking Salmon in air fryer is easier than you think! With a few ingredients and less than 15 mins this air fryer salmon recipe is ready to be served with your favorite side dish for salmon.
With this, I’d say you’ve got yourself a tasty and healthy week night dinner recipe that’s packed full of flavor and fit for a weekly rotation.
Easy Air fryer Salmon
This Air fryer salmon recipe is healthy and tastes better than you get in your favorite restaurant because it made at home! You should try my air fryer salmon bites next if you haven’t already.
Juicy tender and flaky Salmon makes a world of difference. With just 5 ingredients which you most likely have in your pantry, you’re ready to take on this family friendly dinner recipe like a rock star that you are.
We love this air fryer salmon recipe because
- It’s incredibly easy to make and requires a few ingredients.
- Salmon is rich in omega 3 fatty acids which that helps to reduce inflammation and is said to be heart healthy.
- This recipe is quick and almost hands free as soon as you put it in the air fryer.
- Fits perfectly into a low carb or keto friendly diet so can aid weight-loss if combined with the right foods.
Ingredients (with Substitutions)
- Olive oil
- Old bay seasoning
- Garlic powder
- Dry parsley
- Onion powder
Tools used for this recipe
- This recipe was made using the Cosori air fryer. I like that it comes in 3 colors, Black, Red and White (my favorite)
- Perforated Parchment paper or perforated silicon Mat (optional)
- Kitchen tongs (optional)
- Digital instant read Meat thermometer
- Heat resistant mat for your counter top
- Meal prep bowls for storage and easy reheating
How long to cook Salmon in air fryer
Air fryer salmon gets ready in 10 to 12 mins when cooked at 400°F / 200°C in a non preheated air fryer. If you cook at 380°F, it will take up to 15 mins to cook.
The thickness of the Salmon fillets play a role in how long it takes to cook it. That’s where a meat thermometer comes in. The internal temperature of fully cooked fish is 145°F / 68°C.
How to cook Salmon in the air fryer
Wondering how to make salmon in the air fryer? This is an overview of the recipe with step by step photos. Scroll down to the end of this post for a printable recipe card with the amount of ingredients and full recipe instructions.
Pat Salmon dry, brush salmon fillets with oil then sprinkle on the seasoning. Flip fillets over and repeat.
Transfer Salmon to air fryer basket and cook at 400°F / 200°C for 10 to 12 mins or until internal temp reaches 145°F / 68°C.
What to serve with Salmon
Air fryer Salmon can be enjoyed on its own or served with a variety of side dishes. Some of our favorites are listed below.
Potatoes: from air fryer parmentier potatoes to air fryer rainbow potatoes or air fried baby potatoes, air fryer potato slices and air fryer cottage fries plus lots more which you can find in collection of potato recipes
Vegetables: vegetables definitely make a great side dish for salmon. We love these air fryer carrots, air fried rainbow carrots,
How to store and reheat
Air fried Salmon can keep in the refrigerator for up to 4 days. Be sure you let salmon cool completely before storing in a clean, dry airtight container in the refrigerator.
Salmon can be reheated in the microwave or air fryer. To reheat in the microwave, place salmon in a microwave safe dish and microwave on high at 30 secs intervals till warmed through.
To reheat in the air fryer, place salmon in the air fryer basket, set temperature to 350°F / 180°C and air fry for 3 to 5 mins or until warmed through. Add more time as needed.
Air frying Tips
- No need to preheat the air fryer.
- Rub the oil and seasoning generously on both sides of the salmon fillets.
- You do not need to flip the salmon.
- The length of time it takes for salmon to cook will depend on the thickness so note that time would vary. Do not be afraid to add time as needed.
Here you’ll find answers to common questions about this recipe. If your question isn’t answered, please leave us a comment below and we’ll gladly answer them.
Like Trout, you will know when salmon is done by observing certain factors like the color and texture. The color is slightly paler than when it was raw. When you press down on filets with a fork, it flakes easily.
Salmon is rich in protein, healthy fats, vitamins and minerals. It is considered a healthy fish that should be incorporated in our diets.
Yes you can cook frozen salmon in the air fryer and it takes about 15 mins 400°F /200°C. First brush some oil on the salmon, then sprinkle on some seasoning and air fry.
If you try this recipe, show it off on Instagram! Be sure to Follow and Tag @Airfryeryumblog on Instagram and use the hashtag #airfryeryumblog so we can see your recreations!
Did you find this recipe helpful? Leave me a comment about it or any recipe idea you would love Air fryer ‘yummed’ and don’t forget to share with family and friends.
Happy Air frying!
Love it? Pin it! Then follow Air Fryer Yum on Pinterest for more deliciousness!
Looking for more air fryer recipes? Sign up for our yummy newsletter and Follow along on Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest and Tiktok for updates. Remember to Subscribe to my YouTube Channel for weekly videos.
Loving your air fryer much? Join other Air Fryer Buddies in our exclusive free Easy Air Fryer Recipes Group on Facebook!
New to the world of Air frying? We’ve got you covered. Check out our helpful >>> Air fryer Resources!
Shop all air fryers and air fryer accessories at our Amazon store.
Air Fryer Yum’s Pro Tip! Air fryer temperatures may vary depending on size, make and model. When making a recipe for the first time, start with less time, check for doneness then add more time as needed.
Air Fryer Salmon recipe
- 3 salmon fillets
- 1 Tablespoon oil
- 1 Tablespoon Old bay seasoning
- 1 teaspoon Garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon Onion powder
- 1 teaspoon dry parsley
- Mix the seasoning till combined. Pat Salmon fillets dry with paper towels. .
- Brush some oil on each fillet then sprinkle some of the seasoning blend on one side fillets, flip over and repeat the process with the rest of the seasoning.
- Place seasoned Salmon fillets in air fryer basket and air fry at 400°F / 200°C for 10 to 12 mins.
- Serve with your favorite side dish.
- No need to preheat the air fryer to make everything but the bagel salmon. However if you do preheat or your air fryer preheats automatically, you will need to cook for less time, usually 8 to 10 mins
- Use Parchment paper for easy clean up
Nutritional information is an estimate and may change based on products used. Please read full nutrition disclaimer here.
Did you make this air fryer recipe? Awesome! Please rate it by clicking the stars ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ when you leave a comment below. If you loved it please share the link to this recipe with family and friends and in you favorite Facebook group.