Have you tried making frozen pretzels in the air fryer yet? If not, then you're in for a real treat! Air fryer frozen pretzels are a quick and easy snack that's perfect for any occasion. Whether you're having a party, movie night, or just looking for a delicious snack, these soft pillowy snacks are sure to satisfy your cravings.
Table of Contents
- 1 Can you air fry frozen pretzels?
- 2 Why you’ll love this
- 3 What you’ll need
- 4 How long to cook frozen pretzels in the air fryer
- 5 How to make frozen pretzels in air fryer
- 6 Topping Variations
- 7 What to serve with air fried frozen pretzels
- 8 How to store and reheat
- 9 Air frying Tips
- 10 FAQs
- 11 More air fryer recipes
- 12 Frozen Pretzels in air fryer
Can you air fry frozen pretzels?
Are you a fan of pretzels? If you love the taste of soft, chewy dough with a hint of saltiness then this is totally up your alley. So why the air fryer? Whether you are making soft pretzels from scratch or from frozen you’ll love how quick and easy it is.
We love to use our air fryer for pasta chips, chin chin, frozen cream filled churro bites and these air fryer pigs in a blanket. If you are looks for more air fryer snacks we’ve got you.
Related: best Frozen foods for air fryer, air fryer chart for frozen foods
Why you’ll love this
- These are quick and easy, and are cooked straight from frozen with no need to store
- With the air fryer you will be ditching the microwave and you don’t need to turn the oven on either to make these he ok soft pretzels that get ready before the oven is done preheating.
- It’s easily adaptable in terms of seasoning used. From cinnamon sugar to Parmesan cheese you can top these with your favorite toppings.
Join our Air fryer recipes group on Facebook!
What you’ll need
- Frozen pretzels (I’ve used Aunt Anne’s and Superpretzels)
- Melted Butter (optional)
- Water (optional)
- Coarse salt
The coarse salt comes in the packet. The Aunt Anne’s brand also comes with unsalted butter included in the packet
How long to cook frozen pretzels in the air fryer
Typically, it takes about 3 to 5 minutes to cook frozen pretzels in an air fryer in a non preheated air fryer.
This may vary slightly depending on the size and thickness of the pretzels, so it's always best to check them periodically and adjust the time accordingly.
Bear in mind that most air fryer times and temperatures are guided since air fryers cook differently however I’ve tested this in my Cosori 5.8 qt, Cosori dual blaze and Gourmia and they all yielded similar results.
How to make frozen pretzels in air fryer
This is an overview of the recipe with step by step photos. Scroll down to the end of this post for a printable recipe card with the amount of ingredients and full recipe instructions.
Remove frozen soft pretzels from packaging place 4 in air fryer basket or rack. Brush water on the pretzels, sprinkle the coarse salt if using.
Set temperature to 350°F (180°C) and cook for 3 to 5 mins. Transfer to plate and serve with your favorite dipping sauce.
Using Melted butter
Place frozen pretzels in air fryer basket or tray. Air fry at 350°F (180°C) for 3 to 5 mins. Transfer to a plate, brush melted butter on the hot pretzels, sprinkle salt and enjoy.
You can also use other toppings like cinnamon sugar, everything bagel seasoning or Parmesan cheese.
Cinnamon sugar Pretzels: After air frying, transfer to a plate, brush with butter then dip each pretzel on a plate of cinnamon sugar. Ensure it’s coated all round.
Everything Bagel Pretzels: After brushing with melted butter, sprinkle on some everything bagel seasoning.
What to serve with air fried frozen pretzels
Air fryer frozen pretzels are delicious on their own, but they can also be served with a variety of dipping sauces, such as mustard, cheese sauce, or marinara sauce. They also pair well with any beverage of your choice.
How to store and reheat
Let the pretzels cool completely before placing them in an airtight container. They can be stored in the fridge for up to 3 days.
To reheat, preheat your air fryer to 350°F and cook the pretzels for 2-3 minutes until heated through.
Air frying Tips
- No preheat needed
- Don't overcrowd the air fryer basket, as this can lead to uneven cooking. Cook in batches if needed.
- For added flavor, I recommend using melted butter on the pretzels instead of water.
- Use your favorite toppings, cinnamon sugar, everything bagel seasoning or Parmesan cheese.
Here you’ll find answers to common questions about this recipe. If your question isn’t answered, please leave us a comment below and we’ll gladly answer them.
The brand used in this post is Aunt Anne’s. Cook at 350°F for 3 to 5 mins in a non preheated air fryer.
Yes, you can! Simply adjust the cooking time to 6-8 minutes.
These are great in the air fryer and yield consistent results.
Cook these at 350°F for 3 to 5 mins or until heated through.
Absolutely! Feel free to experiment with different seasonings and toppings to customize your pretzels to your liking.
These are pre-baked pretzels. I haven’t seen uncooked frozen pretzels.
Yes, you can freeze homemade pretzels. Once cooled, place them in an airtight container and freeze for up to 2 months. To reheat, follow the instructions above. I do not recommend refreezing air fried frozen pretzels.
If you try this recipe, show it off on Instagram! Be sure to Follow and Tag @Airfryeryumblog on Instagram and use the hashtag #airfryeryumblog so we can see your recreations!
Tools used for this recipe
The links below may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon associate and affiliate to other merchants, this website may earn from qualifying purchases. Please read full disclosure here
- This recipe was made using the Cosori dual blaze air fryer
- Perforated Parchment paper or perforated silicon Mat (optional)
- Ziplock bags for storage
- Heat resistant mat for your counter top
More air fryer recipes
- Air fryer frozen plantains
- Air fryer frozen Brussels sprouts
- How to bake frozen cookie dough in air fryer
- Refrigerated cookie dough in air fryer
Check out all our >>>Air fryer Recipes!
Did you find this helpful? Leave me a comment about it or any recipe idea you would love Air fryer ‘yummed’ and don’t forget to share with family and friends.
Happy Air frying!
Love it? Pin it! Then follow Air Fryer Yum on Pinterest for more deliciousness!
Looking for more air fryer recipes? Sign up for our yummy newsletter and Follow along on Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest and Tiktok for updates. Remember to Subscribe to my YouTube Channel for weekly videos.
Loving your air fryer much? Join other Air Fryer Buddies in our exclusive free Easy Air Fryer Recipes Group on Facebook!
New to the world of Air frying? We’ve got you covered. Check out our helpful >>> Air fryer Resources!
Shop all air fryers and air fryer accessories at our Amazon store.
Air Fryer Yum’s Pro Tip! Air fryer temperatures may vary depending on size, make and model. When making a recipe for the first time, start with less time, check for doneness then add more time as needed.
Frozen Pretzels in air fryer
- Air fryer
- 4 Soft Pretzels
- Remove Frozen soft pretzels from packaging
- Air fryer at 350°F (200°C) for 3 to 5 mins. When ready, brush on some melted butter and sprinkle some of the coarse salt.
- Serve immediately with your favorite dipping sauce.
- After cooking, brush melted butter and sprinkle on some Everything bagel seasoning or cinnamon sugar for a different option.
- Aunt Annie’s brand comes with butter. Transfer the butter to a small dipping bowl that’s microwave safe to melt the butter. This is used instead of water to help the coarse salt stick to the pretzels.
- You don’t need to brush the pretzels with water if you aren’t using the salt.
- You can top the pretzels with cinnamon sugar to make cinnamon sugar pretzels or with everything bagel seasoning to make this variety.
Did you make this air fryer recipe? Awesome! Please rate it by clicking the stars ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ when you leave a comment below. If you loved it please share the link to this recipe with family and friends and in you favorite Facebook group.
Share your thoughts!