Making cream filled churros in the air fryer is way easier than you think. Air fryer churros bites are one of those easy pastry recipes you can make in less than 5 mins. Serve it with the perfect dipping sauce and watch the smiles start to form.
I used Aldi’s Casa Mamita sweet creme filled churros and they turned our so good rolled in cinnamon sugar and dipped in Nutella, yes you heard right, Nutella not chocolate sauce and the kids couldn’t have enough.
Air fryer Cream filled Churros recipe.
This bite sized filled churros recipe is made from frozen churros! Be sure to check out my air fryer churros for a from scratch recipe or these churro bites using puff pastry.
Why are these filled Churros so good?
A bite into these churro minis is more than enough to convince you why these pastry snack bites are so yummy.
The cinnamon sugar coated crisp exterior with a delicious filling more than says it all. They are not only drop dead gorgeous, they are also finger licking good.
Have we mentioned that it a crowd pleasing dessert that can easily be served as avocado appetizer! Dipping these your favorite sauce wraps it all up and I can definitely hear you say Fiesta!
What you’ll need
- Your favorite brand of filled churros.
- Cinnamon sugar for dusting ( if your frozen churros brand doesn’t come with a pack.) you can make yours by mixing ½ cup of granulated sugar and 1 Tbsp of ground cinnamon. Check out this recipe for details.
- Dipping sauce of choice. Today we used Nutella
How to make cream filled churros in the air fryer in easy steps.
This is an overview! Full printable recipe is at the bottom of the page.
Place frozen cream filled churros in the air fryer basket. No need to thaw. Set temperature to 380°F / 194°C and bake till it’s warmed through.
If you don’t have an air fryer yet, these can be made in the oven. Place in un-greased baking sheet and bake till heated through.
Toss cooked churros in cinnamon sugar and serve with dipping sauce.
Favorite Dipping sauces for Churros
- Chocolate sauce: This is a chocolates sauce with a kick! If you are not team spicy, feel free to leave out the cayenne pepper.
- Caramel sauce or try this homemade caramel sauce
- Creme Anglaise sauce
Tips for success
- Cook from frozen, no need to thaw.
- Do not overcrowd the basket so the churro bites can crisp up nicely.
Your Frequently asked questions answered.
Can you do churros in the air fryer?
Yes you can make churros in the air fryer and as you can see, it’s very easy.
How do I air fryer frozen Costco churros?
You can air fryer frozen churros of any brand which includes the Goya or Costco brand by placing the snacks in the air fryer basket and baking till cooked through.
Can you buy frozen churros?
Frozen churros can be bought in the refrigerator/ freezer aisle of most grocery stores. You might also find some in the international foods aisle.
Love desserts in the air fryer? We’ve got more!
- Slice and bake air fryer shortbread cookies
- Air fryer s’mores dip
- Refrigerated sugar cookies in the air fryer.
- Air fryer madeleines
- All our air fryer desserts live here. Be sure to check them out cos we have a growing collection.
More air fryer snacks to try
Check out all our >>>Air fryer Recipes!
Did you find this recipe helpful? Leave me a comment about it or any recipe idea you would love Air fryer ‘yummed’ and don’t forget to share with family and friends.
Happy Air frying!
Love it? Pin it!
Looking for more air fryer recipes? Sign up for our yummy emails and follow along on Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, and Tiktok for updates. Remember to Subscribe to our YouTube Channel for weekly videos.
Loving your air fryer much? Join other Air Fryer Buddies in our exclusive free Easy Air Fryer Recipes Group on Facebook!
New to the world of Air frying? We’ve got you covered. Check out our helpful>>> Air fryer Resources!
If you love baking, you’d love our beginner’s guide to air fryer bakingit walks you through how to bake in your air fryer in easy steps and it’s free!
Shop all air fryers and air fryer accessories at our Amazon store.
Air fryer Cream filled Churros (Frozen Churros)
- 16 pieces frozen cream filled churros
- ¼ cup cinnamon sugar
- ¼ cup Nutella (or favorite churro dipping sauce)
- Place frozen churro bites in a single layer in the air fryer basket.
- Set temperature to 380°F / 194°C and bake for 4- 5minutes
- Toss in cinnamon sugar and serve with favorite dipping sauce
Make it in the oven
- Preheat oven to 400°F / 204°C
- Place Churros on ungreased baking sheet bake for 6-8 mins or until cooked through.
- Cook from frozen no need to thaw.
- This recipe was made in a non preheated air fryer
- Nutrition facts is based on the plain churros that haven’t been tossed in the cinnamon sugar. When tossed in the cinnamon sugar it us estimated that the total carbs will be 32g, Sugar will be 5g, Calcium 10g, Potassium 25g