Cooking frozen brussel sprouts in the air fryer is one of the best ways to enjoy this healthy mini cabbages. These Air fryer frozen Brussels sprouts are super easy to make, tasty and gets ready in less than 20 mins straight from frozen with no need to thaw.
With a few ingredients and minimal prep this tasty and healthy air fryer side dish will be ready before you’re are done with dinner.
Table of Contents
- 1 Frozen Brussel sprouts in air fryer
- 2 Why you’ll love this recipe
- 3 Ingredients
- 4 How long to air fry frozen Brussel sprouts?
- 5 How to cook frozen Brussels sprouts in the air fryer
- 6 What to serve with Brussel sprouts
- 7 How to store and reheat
- 8 Wait! Is it Brussels sprouts or Brussel sprouts?
- 9 Air frying Tips
- 10 FAQs
- 11 More air fryer recipes
- 12 Air fryer frozen Brussels sprouts recipe
Frozen Brussel sprouts in air fryer
Brussels sprouts are one of the most misunderstood vegetables. You’ll find people on both ends of the spectrum of loving this yummy mini cabbages.
We often air frozen veggies for convenience and air fried frozen Brussel sprouts are some of our favorites and if you are new to this you should try this air fryer Brussel sprouts with bacon too, it’s always a winner.
These recipe comes together quickly and requires a few ingredients. Air fried Brussel sprouts can be enjoyed as a healthy snack or side dish.
Why you’ll love this recipe
- Low carb
- Budget friendly
- Frozen Brussels sprouts
- Garlic powder
- Black pepper
- Parmesan cheese for serving
How long to air fry frozen Brussel sprouts?
Cooking time varies depending on the size and quantity of the Brussels sprouts. However, they typically take less than 20 mins. These took 15 to 18 mins in a non preheated air fryer.
It is important to note that the length of time it takes to cook food in the air fryer varies due to certain factors from the brand of air fryer, If you preheat or not and the temperature at which it is air fried.
The frozen sprouts are cooked through if they are tender and slightly charred on the outside.
How to cook frozen Brussels sprouts in the air fryer
This is an overview of the recipe with step by step photos. Scroll down to the end of this post for a printable recipe card with the amount of ingredients and full recipe instructions.
Season the Brussels sprouts in a bowl, transfer to air fryer basket and cook at 400°F (200°C) for 15 to 18 mins. Add more time as needed.
You can sprinkle with extra salt and pepper after cooking.
What to serve with Brussel sprouts
Wondering what goes with Brussel sprouts? I’ve got you. Brussel sprouts can be enjoyed on it’s own with some Parmesan added towards the end of the cooking time or served with a light drizzle of balsamic glaze. Below are some meats we love to serve with it.
How to store and reheat
Store leftovers in the refrigerator for up to 2 days reheat in the air fryer at 350°F and cook them for 5-7 minutes or until they are heated through.
Alternatively, you can reheat them in the microwave or oven, but they may not be as crispy as they were when first cooked.
Wait! Is it Brussels sprouts or Brussel sprouts?
The correct spelling is "Brussels sprouts" with an "s" at the end of Brussels. It's named after the capital city of Belgium, Brussels, where it's believed to have originated. However these days both are accepted.
Air frying Tips
- No need to preheat. This recipe was made in a non preheated air fryer.
- Do not thaw frozen Brussel sprouts, cook straight from frozen.
- Don't overcrowd the basket: When cooking frozen Brussels sprouts in the air fryer, it's essential not to overcrowd the basket. Make sure there is enough space between each Brussels sprout to allow for even cooking and crispy edges.
- Shake basket at least half way through the cook time to ensure even cooking. This will also help to loosen any that may have stuck together. I recommend shaking the basket 3 times.
- Check for doneness by piercing them with a fork, they should be tender inside with a crispy exterior. If they need more time, you can always put them back in the air fryer for a few more minutes.
Here you’ll find answers to common questions about this recipe. If your question isn’t answered, please leave us a comment below and we’ll gladly answer them.
Yes, you can cook frozen Brussels sprouts in the air fryer. It's a convenient and quick way to cook them without thawing.
No you do not need to preheat the air fryer.
Yes, you can season frozen Brussels sprouts before cooking them in the air fryer. It's recommended to season them with salt, pepper, and any other desired seasonings to enhance their flavor.
Yes, you can use oil to cook frozen Brussels sprouts in the air fryer. A light drizzle of oil can help them crisp up and give them a delicious flavor. However, use oil sparingly to avoid making them greas
cook other vegetables can be cooked with frozen Brussels sprouts in the air fryer. However, make sure to adjust the cooking time depending on the vegetable to ensure they are cooked evenly.
If you try this frozen Brussels sprouts in air fryer, show it off on Instagram! Be sure to Follow and Tag @Airfryeryumblog on Instagram and use the hashtag #airfryeryumblog so we can see your recreations!
Did you find this recipe helpful? Leave me a comment about it or any recipe idea you would love Air fryer ‘yummed’ and don’t forget to share with family and friends.
Happy Air frying!
Love it? Pin it! Then follow Air Fryer Yum on Pinterest for more deliciousness!
Tools used for this recipe
- This recipe was made using the Gourmia air fryer. The exact model I used is no longer readily available. This is the one that’s currently available. I also use the Cosori air fryer often to make recipes shared here at Air Fryer Yum
- Mixing bowl
- Silicon spatula
- Heat resistant mat for your counter top
- Meal prep bowls for storage and easy reheating
Looking for more air fryer recipes? Sign up for our yummy newsletter and Follow along on Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest and Tiktok for updates. Remember to Subscribe to my YouTube Channel for weekly videos.
Loving your air fryer much? Join other Air Fryer Buddies in our exclusive free Easy Air Fryer Recipes Group on Facebook!
New to the world of Air frying? We’ve got you covered. Check out our helpful >>> Air fryer Resources!
Shop all air fryers and air fryer accessories at our Amazon store.
Air Fryer Yum’s Pro Tip! Air fryer temperatures may vary depending on size, make and model. When making a recipe for the first time, start with less time, check for doneness then add more time as needed.
Air fryer frozen Brussels sprouts recipe
- Air fryer
- 1 lb Frozen Brussels sprouts
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- 1 Tablespoon Parmesan cheese to serve (optional)
- Transfer frozen Brussel sprouts into a bowl. You can run it under warm water if it’s stuck together or glassy from ice.
- If you run it under water, remember to Pat dry before seasoning.
- Transfer seasoned sprouts to air fryer basket.
- Set temperature to 400°F / 200°C and cook for 15 to 18 mins shaking the basket every 5 minutes to ensure even cooking.
- Cook till the sprouts are soft and tender.
- Sprinkle some Parmesan cheese on the Brussels sprouts with bacon in the last minute of cooking time.
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper if needed.
- No need to preheat.
- Do not overcrowd the basket
Did you make this air fryer recipe? Awesome! Please rate it by clicking the stars ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ when you leave a comment below. If you loved it please share the link to this recipe with family and friends and in you favorite Facebook group.