Air fryer Jalapeño Poppers are the perfect spicy dish! They’re full of flavor and simple to make. If you’re a fan of heat, cooking jalapenos in the air fryer is a must. The outer layer of the jalapenos crisps up ever so slightly to create a tender and juicy middle. Just be aware - there’s a chance that the jalapeno just might add some heat to your mouth!
Table of Contents
- 1 Air fryer Jalapeño poppers Recipe
- 2 Join our Air fryer recipes group on Facebook!
- 3 Why you’ll love this recipe
- 4 Ingredients
- 5 Tools for Air fryer Jalapeños
- 6 How long do you cook jalapeño poppers in the air fryer?
- 7 How to cut and deseed a jalapeno for poppers
- 8 How to make jalapeño poppers in the air fryer
- 9 How to make air fryer jalapeño poppers without bacon.
- 10 Can I use mini sweet peppers for this recipe
- 11 What to eat with jalapeño poppers. (Serving air fried Jalapeño poppers)
- 12 How to store and reheat
- 13 Air frying Tips
- 14 FAQs
- 15 More air fryer recipes
- 16 Air fryer jalapeño poppers
Air fryer Jalapeño poppers Recipe
There are a lot of people that love cooking up jalapenos and eating them straight from the air fryer. And once you add in the rest of the simple ingredients, you’ll see why these air-fried appetizers are a hit!
The hot heat of the peppers paired with the creamy goodness of the cheese has every bite leaving you wanting more and you’ll have to agree with me that jalapeños and cream cheese are a great match.
Join our Air fryer recipes group on Facebook!
Why you’ll love this recipe
- Minimal ingredients are needed and yield maximum flavor
- The perfect way to get delicious flavors and taste without turning on the oven.
- It’s the perfect combination of spicy and delicious.
Related: Air fryer frozen jalapeño poppers, air fryer Shishito peppers
- Jalapeño peppers
- Cream cheese
- Crumbled bacon (optional) I used my air fryer bacon bits
- Shredded cheddar cheese you can substitute with Mexican cheese blend.
Tools for Air fryer Jalapeños
The links below may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon associate and affiliate to other merchants, this website may earn from qualifying purchases. Please read full disclosure here
- This recipe was made using the Cosori air fryer. I like that it comes in 3 colors, Black, Redand White (my favorite)
- Perforated Parchment paper or perforated silicon Mat (optional)
- Kitchen tongs (optional)
- Sharp knife
- Chopping board
- Spoon (to scoop out the peppers)
- Gloves (optional)
- Heat resistant mat for your counter top
- Mixing bowl
How long do you cook jalapeño poppers in the air fryer?
For these air fryer jalapeno poppers to be cooked and ready to eat, they’ll need about 5 -6 minutes of cooking time if making these without bacon (bacon wrapped) just cook till cheddar cheese topping is melted.
You want to be sure that you cook them long enough so that the middle is warmed as well. Bacon wrapped jalapeños poppers will take longer to cook because of the raw bacon. It takes about 10 to 12 mins.
How to cut and deseed a jalapeno for poppers
- Cut the jalapeños in half lengthwise.
- With a spoon, scoop out the seeds and membrane be sure to leave the stem intact.
- The jalapeño are ready to be stuffed.
How to make jalapeño poppers in the air fryer
This is an overview of the recipe with step by step photos. Scroll down to the end of this post for a printable recipe card with the amount of ingredients and full recipe instructions.
Cut and deseed the peppers and set asideMix the cream cheese and bacon to make the filling.
Next spoon the filling into the peppers (it would be 1 teaspoon per halved jalapeño if you used medium sized jalapeños)
Top the poppers with shredded cheddar cheese.
Arrange the filled poppers in the air fryer basket or rack then air fry at 380°F / 180°C for 5 to 6 mins or until the cheese is melted.
How to make air fryer jalapeño poppers without bacon.
Wondering if you can make air fryer jalapeño poppers without bacon or how you can do it. Yes you can and it’s so easy and doesn’t skimp on flavor either.
It’s as easy as leaving out the bacon crumbles used in this recipe and stuff the peppers with only cream cheese.
Can I use mini sweet peppers for this recipe
Absolutely. If you don’t like jalapeños or you don’t like the heat, mini sweet peppers are a great alternative to using jalapeños. They are delicious too but they are not air fryer jalapeño poppers anymore, those would be air fryer cream cheese stuffed mini peppers.
What to eat with jalapeño poppers. (Serving air fried Jalapeño poppers)
Eating this appetizer dish is a breeze! Just cook, and serve! You can pair these with a dipping sauce or even sprinkle on some extra parmesan cheese.
You get to cheese how you want to eat your poppers - which is all part of the fun!
How to store and reheat
Storing leftover cooked jalapeno poppers is as simple as adding them to an airtight container and storing them in the fridge.
When it’s time to reheat, you can warm them back up in the microwave, or you can add them back to the air fryer for a few minutes of time.
To get that “crunch” factor back, heating the poppers in the air fryer is key.
Air frying Tips
- No need to preheat the air fryer. You can cook jalapeno poppers wrapped in bacon or not. If you do wrap them in bacon, the bacon crisping up is a great visual indicator that they’re done cooking. (Plus, the crisp bacon adds loads of salty flavor!)
- Do not overcrowd the basket. cook in batches if needed.
- Jalapeños can be spicy so you might need to wear gloves when cutting and deseeding the peppers.
Can you air fry frozen jalapeño poppers?
TGIF and other brands of frozen jalapeño poppers cook up nice and crispy in the air fryer. Also If you make these from scratch ahead of time and freeze them, you can just add them frozen to your air fryer and cook them. Talk about the perfect way to meal prep for later!
What is a good sauce for jalapeño poppers?
If you’re a fan of dipping your poppers, a sweet sauce would be a great contrast with the spicy. You can also use ranch or even blue cheese dressing as a dipping option, too.
Are poppers spicy?
More than likely, yes. It’s always a gamble with jalapeno poppers, as you never know which peppers will actually be spicy or not. Some will be packing the heat, while others may not have any heat at all! Which will you get? You’ll have to take a bite to find out!
If you try this recipe, show it off on Instagram! Be sure to Follow and Tag @Airfryeryumblog on Instagram and use the hashtag #airfryeryumblog so we can see your recreations!
More air fryer recipes
- Air fryer potatoes and onions
- Air fryer Mexican rice
- Frozen sausage patties in air fryer
- Air fryer salmon bites
- Air fryer Xangos Mexican dessert
- Air fryer lemon pepper chicken thighs
Check out all our >>>Air fryer Recipes!
Did you find this recipe helpful? Leave me a comment about it or any recipe idea you would love Air fryer ‘yummed’ and don’t forget to share with family and friends.
Happy Air frying!
Love it? Pin it! Then follow Air Fryer Yum on Pinterest for more deliciousness!
Looking for more air fryer recipes? Sign up for our yummy newsletter and Follow along on Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest and Tiktok for updates. Remember to Subscribe to my YouTube Channel for weekly videos.
Loving your air fryer much? Join other Air Fryer Buddies in our exclusive free Easy Air Fryer Recipes Group on Facebook!
New to the world of Air frying? We’ve got you covered. Check out our helpful >>> Air fryer Resources!
Shop all air fryers and air fryer accessories at our Amazon store.
Air Fryer Yum’s Pro Tip! Air fryer temperatures may vary depending on size, make and model. When making a recipe for the first time, start with less time, check for doneness then add more time as needed.
Air fryer jalapeño poppers
- Air fryer
- 10 Medium jalapeno peppers (Washed)
- 8 oz cream cheese (room temperature)
- ¼ Cup bacon bits
- ¼ Cup Shredded cheddar cheese
Prepare the peppers
- Cut the peppers in half lengthwise, use a spoon to remove the seeds and membrane. Leave that stem intact. Set peppers aside.
Prepare the filling
- Mix the cream cheese and bacon bits together. Leave out the shredded cheddar cheese.
Assemble the poppers
- Fill each pepper with the cream cheese mixture. Repeat process till all the peppers are stuffed with cream cheese.
- Top each pepper with some shredded cheddar cheese. Transfer to air fryer basket or tray.
- Set temp to 380°F / 180°C and air fry for 5 to 6 mins or until the cheese topping in melted.
Did you make this air fryer recipe? Awesome! Please rate it by clicking the stars ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ when you leave a comment below. If you loved it please share the link to this recipe with family and friends and in you favorite Facebook group.
Share your thoughts!