Air fryer toast! Yay!! Easy to make breakfast recipe anyone can make. The air fryer literally makes the best toast bread and it’s totally hands free and gets all toasted and delicious.
A dab of butter melts gloriously on these babies and yes they are so good with bacon, eggs or whatever you choose to eat it with.
Can you toast bread in air fryer?
Yes you can and honestly you won’t be needing a toaster if you have an air fryer. Toasted bread is made to perfection in your new kitchen gadget.
I have made a lot of toasted bread recipes and sandwiches in my air fryer and it has never let me down. If you’ve tried my bacon and egg toast, air fried peanut butter and jelly sandwich, bacon grilled cheese and Texas toast, you definitely want to make this easy toast bread recipe.
Why you’ll love this recipe
I love easy and hands free. If you love a time saving breakfast that you wouldn’t need to sit around watching, then consider making toast bread in your air fryer.
- The air fryer toasts bread to a nice crunchy perfection.
- Easy clean up no no mess
- Well we just love toast! And… we love our air fryer! So we love air fryer toast! Sorry no more reasons. Just give it a go already!
Bread: You can use any bread you like. Whole wheat bread, white bread, gluten free bread, Keto friendly breads or homemade breads to make toast. That’s simply how versatile it is.
Butter: Butter helps to crisp up the edges and exterior of the bread slices. Giving a delightful crunch and a soft center. An extra dollop of butter does more yumminess to toast bread after toasting. That’s a double slather yum!
Bread: This is the main ingredient in this easy air fryer recipe. The only substitution we would be making would be the type of bread used based on your lifestyle or allergies.
- Gluten free folks can use gluten free bread and it still works perfectly.
- Keto / low carb peeps! Yes go ahead and toast your homemade keto breads in your air fryer or use store bought ones like Sola.
- Vegan, Vegetarian, plant based? Use vegan bread.
Butter: Substitute butter for oil or vegan butter.
How to make air fryer toast
Now to the fun part! Making toast in air fryer! Let’s get to it.
Spread butter on one side of each slice of bread. Place bread in the air fryer basket with the buttered side down, then spread more butter on the unbuttered side.
Set temperature to 400°F / 205°C air fry for 4 mins, flip over and air fryer for another 3 minutes or until your desired level of toasted.
Toasting bread in the oven style air fryer
Place buttered bread in the middle rack of the air fryer oven. Set temperature to 400°F / 205°C and bake for 4 minutes. Flip bread slices and bake for another 3 to 5 minutes.
What to serve with toast
Toast bread can be Eaten on its own with butter, jam/ jelly or fruit compote. You can also serve it with a side of scrambled eggs, bacon or sausages.
Tips for success
- My Cosori and Gourmia air fryer baskets can take up to 4 slices of bread depending of the dimensions of the slices. They sometimes overlap but that’s ok because the bread still comes our well toasted.
- It’s easier to butter the other side of the bread while the slices are in the air fryer basket buttered side facing down.
Can you toast things in an air fryer?
You can toast bread in the air fryer. Any food that can be Toasted in the Toaster can be toasted in the air fryer.
Can an air fryer replace a toaster?
If you already have an air fryer and don’t have a toaster, an air fryer can comfortably replace a toaster. If you have a toaster and considering buying an air fryer, I’d suggest you give away the toaster cos the air fryer is more versatile and you can get more use out of your air fryer than the toaster.
More air fryer toast and breakfast recipes
- Bacon and egg toast
- Air fryer grilled cheese sandwich
- Bacon grilled cheese sandwich
- Air fryer French toast
Check out all our >>>Air fryer breakfast recipes
Other easy air fryer recipes
- Bacon wrapped radishes in the air fryer
- Air fryer butternut squash fries
- Grilled bacon wrapped shrimp
- Air fryer chin chin
Check out all our >>>Air fryer Recipes!
Did you find this recipe helpful? Leave me a comment about it or any recipe idea you would love Air fryer ‘yummed’ and don’t forget to share with family and friends.
Happy Air frying!
Love it? Pin it!
Looking for more air fryer recipes? Sign up for our yummy newsletter and Follow along on Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest and Tiktok for updates. Remember to Subscribe to my YouTube Channel for weekly videos.
Loving your air fryer much? Join other Air Fryer Buddies in our exclusive free Easy Air Fryer Recipes Group on Facebook!
New to the world of Air frying? We’ve got you covered. Check out our helpful >>> Air fryer Resources!
Shop all air fryers and air fryer accessories at our Amazon store.
Air fryer Toast
- Cosori Air Fryer 5.8qt
- 4 slices bread
- 2 Tablespoons butter (½ tablespoons per slice)
- Spread butter on one side of each slice of bread. Place bread in the air fryer basket, buttered side down. Spread the rest of the butter on the unbuttered surface.
- Set temperature to 400°F / 205°C and air fry for 4 mins. Flip bread slices to over and air fryer for another 2-3 minutes or until your desired level of toasted.
- Serve immediately with more butter or jelly. You can also serve with a side of eggs, bacon or sausages.
- My Cosori air fryer basket can take up to 4 slices of bread. See images in blog post for how I achieved that. If you can’t fit all four, it’s ok to toast 2 at a time.
- I didn’t preheat my air fryer. Bear in mind that subsequent batches will likely toast faster because the air fryer was preheated while the first batch was toasting.
Nutritional information is an estimate and may change based on products used. Please read full nutrition disclaimer here.