Air fryer toast is an easy to make breakfast recipe your family would love. The air fryer literally makes the best toast bread and it’s totally hands free and gets all toasted and delicious.
A dab of butter melts gloriously on these and yes they are so good with bacon, eggs or whatever you choose to eat it with. So if you’ve been wondering how to make air fryer toast, read along and find out how!
Table of Contents
- 1 Can you air fry toast?
- 2 Why we love air fryer toast!
- 3 Join our air fryer recipes Facebook group!
- 4 Ingredients (and substitutions)
- 5 How long to toast bread in air fryer
- 6 How to toast bread in air fryer
- 7 What to serve with toast including toppings.
- 8 Air frying tips
- 9 FAQs
- 10 More Air fryer breakfast recipes
- 11 Air fryer Toast
Can you air fry toast?
Yes you can and honestly you won’t be needing a toaster if you have an air fryer. Toasted bread is made to perfection in your new kitchen gadget.
I have made a lot of toasted bread recipes and sandwiches in my air fryer and it has never let me down. If you’ve tried my bacon and egg toast, air fried peanut butter and jelly sandwich, bacon grilled cheese and Texas toast, you definitely want to make this easy toast bread recipe.
Why we love air fryer toast!
- Easy and hands free: If you love a time saving breakfast that you wouldn’t need to sit around watching, then consider making toast bread in your air fryer.
- The crunchy texture that tastes so good
- Easy clean up, making toast in the air fryer is almost mess free.
- You get Perfect golden toast every time.
Ingredients (and substitutions)
Bread: You can use any bread you like. Whole wheat bread, white bread, gluten free bread, Keto friendly breads or homemade breads to make toast. That’s simply how versatile it is.
Butter: helps to crisp up the edges and exterior of the bread slices. Giving a delightful crunch and a soft center. An extra dollop of butter does more yumminess to toast bread after toasting. That’s a double slather yum! Butter can be substituted with plant based butter or oil.
How long to toast bread in air fryer
It takes 7 minutes at 400°F / 200°C in a non preheated air fryer to get the perfect air fryer toast. You would need to flip the bread half way through to ensure both sides toast evenly.
How to toast bread in air fryer
Now to the fun part! Making toast in air fryer! Let’s get to it.
Spread butter on one side of each slice of bread. Place bread in the air fryer basket with the buttered side down, then spread more butter on the unbuttered side.
Set temperature to 400°F / 200°C air fry for 4 mins, flip over and air fryer for another 3 minutes or until your desired level of toasted.
Toasting bread in the oven style air fryer
Place buttered bread in the middle rack of the air fryer oven. Set temperature to 400°F / 205°C and bake for 4 minutes. Flip bread slices and bake for another 3 to 5 minutes.
What to serve with toast including toppings.
Your golden toastis a blank canvas for a variety of yummy spreads, toppings or sides. Toasted bread can be eaten on its own with butter, jam/ jelly or fruit compote.
You can also serve it with a side of scrambled eggs, bacon or sausages. Have you tried it with yogurt and fruits? That’s another game changer as well.
To be honest I’ve not been able to choose between cinnamon sugar on toast and good old butter toast but the topping options are endless.
Air frying tips
- My Cosori and Gourmia air fryer baskets can take up to 4 slices of bread depending of the dimensions of the slices. They sometimes overlap but that’s ok because the bread still comes our well toasted.
- It’s easier to butter the other side of the bread while the slices are in the air fryer basket buttered side facing down.
Here you’ll find answers to common questions about this recipe. If your question isn’t answered, please leave us a comment below and we’ll gladly answer them.
To be honest I haven’t experienced this, however here are a few suggestions,
1. You can place your air fryer rack over the bread to hold it down.
2. Hold the bread down with a toothpick. Don’t forget to take it out before eating
3. Place a spoon or fork on the bread to weight it down.
Yes you can toast other edible things that you would normally toast in the toaster in your air fryer.
While we use white bread or whole wheat bread often, any bread would work here including sourdough, multigrain, gluten free and low carb breads. Feel free to use your favorite bread.
If you already have an air fryer and don’t have a toaster, an air fryer can comfortably replace a toaster. If you have a toaster and considering buying an air fryer, I’d suggest you give away the toaster cos the air fryer is more versatile and you can get more use out of your air fryer than the toaster.
Yes you can make garlic toast in the sir fryer.
More Air fryer breakfast recipes
- Bacon and egg toast
- Air fryer cinnamon rolls
- How to make Air fryer bacon grilled cheese sandwich
- Air fryer French toast
- How to make cinnamon roll bunnies in the air fryer
- Air fryer home fries
Did you find this recipe helpful? Leave me a comment about it or any recipe idea you would love Air fryer ‘yummed’ and don’t forget to share with family and friends.
Happy Air frying!
Love it? Pin it!
Looking for more air fryer recipes? Sign up for our yummy newsletter and Follow along on Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest and Tiktok for updates. Remember to Subscribe to my YouTube Channel for weekly videos.
Loving your air fryer much? Join other Air Fryer Buddies in our exclusive free Easy Air Fryer Recipes Group on Facebook!
New to the world of Air frying? We’ve got you covered. Check out our helpful >>> Air fryer Resources!
Shop all air fryers and air fryer accessories at our Amazon store.
Air fryer Toast
- Cosori Air Fryer 5.8qt
- 4 slices bread
- 2 Tablespoons butter (½ tablespoons per slice)
- Spread butter on one side of each slice of bread. Place bread in the air fryer basket, buttered side down. Spread the rest of the butter on the unbuttered surface.
- Set temperature to 400°F / 205°C and air fry for 4 mins. Flip bread slices to over and air fryer for another 2-3 minutes or until your desired level of toasted.
- Serve immediately with more butter or jelly. You can also serve with a side of eggs, bacon or sausages.
- My Cosori air fryer basket can take up to 4 slices of bread. See images in blog post for how I achieved that. If you can’t fit all four, it’s ok to toast 2 at a time.
- I didn’t preheat my air fryer. Bear in mind that subsequent batches will likely toast faster because the air fryer was preheated while the first batch was toasting.
This post was first published in August 2021. It has been updated with more tips and answers to FAQs to help you out. Hope you find it helpful