Who makes the best wings? Well I don’t know about you but these Honey Sriracha chicken wings right here are the truth! Crispy air fryer wings that are tossed in an easy delicious sweet and spicy sauce.
To be honest these are the best in my book!They can also be deep fried or baked in the oven, you’ve got to believe me when I say the best wings are made in the air fryer cos you get the best of both worlds.
Honey Sriracha Chicken wings recipe
Who doesn’t love chicken wing appetizers? They are so good that it’s difficult to stop at one serving. What I love the most about it is how easy it is to make and how crispy and delicious it turns out every time.
Here’s why we love these air fryer wings so much!
- The convenience of using the air fryer and getting consistent results every time.
- These wings get ready in 20 -25 mins which is a lot faster than it would take in the oven.
- Uses less oil than when frying in oil. This will definitely save us some calories without compromising taste.
- Like I said earlier, you get the best of two worlds and by this I mean; Crispy skin without so much oil and in less time. The air fryer actually combines the things we love about deep frying and oven baking in one.
Are you ready to make some air fried Honey Sriracha chicken wings? Yep I thought so! Let’s get started. In the mean time be sure to join our air fryer group linked below!
- Chicken wings
- Black pepper
- Soy sauce
- Sriracha chili sauce
- Lime juice
How to make Honey Sriracha chicken wings in the air fryer
If you didn’t buy already sectioned wings, cut wings into sections (drumettes, wingettes and tips.) You can discard the tips. Wash and pat dry wing sections with paper towel.
Add oil to chicken wings. Season lightly with garlic and salt. Air fry at 400°F / 205°C for 20-25 minutes or until internal temperature reaches 165°F / 74°C.
You can make the sauce and set aside before cooking the chicken or make it while the chicken is cooking in the air fryer. To make the sauce, mix sauce ingredients together and simmer on low heat till sauce thickens.
Baking the wings in the oven
Preheat oven to 400°F / 205°C / Gas mark 6. Prepare chicken wings as per instructions above.
Place wings on a baking sheet and or on a rack in the baking sheet and bath for 45 to 50 mins or until internal temperature reaches 165°F / 74°C.
Prepare wings. Heat up oil in a pan or deep fryer. Fry wings in oil until fully cooked and crispy. Drain on a paper towel lined baking tray or rack.
Toss in the honey sriracha sauce and enjoy
How to make Honey Sriracha sauce two ways.
I make my honey sriracha sauce in two way The more Traditional version and the non traditional lighter version which is actually quicker and loaded with less calories. You can make whichever you prefer. They both taste delish!
The traditional method is adapted from the Food network honey sriracha sauce recipe . The non traditional version is what I always made before I knew there was a traditional one. lol! It’s basically 2 to 3 ingredients Honey and sriracha then thinned out water or lime juice.
Mix all ingredients together and simmer on low heat to thicken. If making the lighter version you can pop into the microwave for 10-20 second before tossing the chicken in it.
What to serve with honey sriracha chicken wings
There’s really no need for a dipping sauce for the wings. It is usually served with a side of carrots and celery.
You can also serve these as a side to air fried vegetables like Cauliflower, Brussel sprouts or Broccoli.
How to store
Wings can be made ahead and stored without being tossed in the sauce. You can store the sauce free wings in an air tight container in the refrigerator for 5 day and freeze for up to a month.
Make the sauce on the day you want to serve the wings. Toss wings in sauce after you have reheated the wings.
It’s best to reheat the quantity you intend to consume at a time so you don’t have leftovers that need to be stored.
Sauced leftovers from freshly made wings can be stored in an air tight container in the refrigerator for up to 5 days. You can freeze for up to one month.
How to reheat chicken wings
What’s the best way to reheat wings? You can reheat chicken wings in the microwave, air fryer or oven. I think the air fryer is actually the best as it will get all crispy in a much shorter time than the oven. You can reheat straight from frozen or let it thaw overnight on the refrigerator.
Reheating in the Microwave
Place wings in a microwave safe bowl and reheat on high at 5 minutes (if frozen) intervals until chicken is warmed through. If thawed, reheat at 2 mins intervals.
How to reheat wings in air fryer machines
Place wings in a single the air fryer. Crowding will lead to uneven cooking. Set temperature to 350°F/ 177°C. Air fry for 7-10 mins or until warmed through.
Reheating in the oven
Preheat oven to 350°F / 177°C / Gas mark 4, place wings in a single layer in the oven and bake for 20-30 mins or until warmed through.
The length of time it will take will depend on the quantity and how cold it was before putting in the oven. Frozen wings will take longer to warm through than thawed or room temperature wings.
Tips for success
- Do not over crowd the basket. Cook in batches if you need to.
- If cooking in an oven style air fryer, it might take a minute or 2 longer to cook also remember to flip the wings half way through cooking time.
- If you are going to add soy sauce to the honey barbecue sauce, you might want to reduce the salt being added to the chicken wings.
- Use low sodium soy sauce to cut down on sodium.
- If eating gluten-free use a gluten free soy sauce like Tamari or use soy sauce substitutes like coconut aminos or Worcestershire sauce instead.
Your Frequently asked questions answered!
What does Honey Sriracha taste like?
It’s a nice blend of sweet and salty with a hint of heat. Well it can be more than a hint if you are not a spice loving person. But it’s delicious.
What do you eat Sriracha Sauce with?
Any thing you like! Especially meats and vegetables. I use it on my spicy buttered garlic chicken bites and it’s a great condiment for my chicken over rice or salad recipe.
What is Sriracha made from?
It is made from a red jalapeño-hybrid chile pepper. You can watch this video on how sriracha sauce is made.
Love wings? We’ve got more!
- Frozen wings in air fryer
- Air fry BBQ wings
- Dry rub chicken wings
- Salt and pepper wings
Other air fryer recipes to try
- Air fryer ham fried rice
- PF Chang’s frozen honey chicken in the air fryer.
- Air fryer bacon wrapped potatoes
- Pasta chips (air fryer)
- Bacon wrapped radishes in the air fryer.
- Air fryer Panda Express fried rice copycat recipe.
- How to make toast in the air fryer
Check out all our >>>Air fryer Recipes!
Did you find this recipe helpful? Leave me a comment about it or any recipe idea you would love Air fryer ‘yummed’ and don’t forget to share with family and friends.
Happy Air frying!
Love it? Pin it!
Looking for more air fryer recipes? Sign up for our yummy newsletter and Follow along on Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest and Tiktok for updates. Remember to Subscribe to my YouTube Channel for weekly videos.
Loving your air fryer much? Join other Air Fryer Buddies in our exclusive free Easy Air Fryer Recipes Group on Facebook!
New to the world of Air frying? We’ve got you covered. Check out our helpful >>> Air fryer Resources!
Shop all air fryers and air fryer accessories at our Amazon store.
Crispy Honey Sriracha Chicken Wings (Air fryer and Oven)
- Cosori air fryer 5.8 qt
- Kitchen tongs
- 2 lbs chicken wings ( Fresh or frozen)
- 1 Tablespoon oil
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon Ground black pepper
Honey sriracha sauce
- 4 Tablespoons butter (melted)
- ¼ cup honey
- 6 Tablespoon Sriracha sauce
- 2 Tablespoons Soy sauce
- 2 Tablespoons lime juice
Lighter version of honey sriracha sauce
- ¼ cup honey
- 6 Tablespoons Sriracha
- 2 Tablespoon water or lime juice
Make the sauce
- Mix all the sauce ingredients and simmer on low heat till thickened. Set aside.
- If making the lighter version of sauce. Mix ingredients together and microwave for 10 -20 secs and set aside.
Fresh Thawed Chicken wings
- Cut wings into sections (drumettes, wingettes and tips) if you didn’t buy the already sectioned ones. Discard the tips.
- Wash and pat dry with paper towel. Drizzle oil on the wings, add salt, black pepper and garlic. Toss to combine.
- Transfer seasoned wings into air fryer basket. Set temperature to 400°F / 204°C and air fryer for 20 to 25 mins. Remember to shake basket or flip wings half way through baking time. The internal temperature should be at least 165°F / 74°C
- Toss in sauce and serve
- Place frozen wings in air fryer basket. Air fry at 400°F / 205°C for 10 mins. Transfer wings to a bowl, drain the liquid collected in the bottom of the air fryer.
- Drizzle oil over the chicken in the bowl. Add salt, pepper and garlic powder. Toss to coat. Transfer back into air fryer basket and continue to cook at 400°F / 205°C for another 10 to 15 minutes or until internal temp reaches 165°F / 74°C
- Toss in sauce and serve
Nutritional information is an estimate and may change based on products used. Please read full nutrition disclaimer here.