Baby potatoes or little potatoes wrapped in bacon are always a delight to see on any appetizer table in a party or get together. These Air fryer bacon wrapped potatoes are even more fun and easier to make than in the oven and get ready in less than 20 mins.
Fluffy potatoes engulfed in crispy bacon is every bacon lovers dream. And this recipe delivers more than that.
Want to save this recipe?
Enter your email below and we’ll send it to your inbox right away! Plus you’ll get amazing recipes & tips from us every week. Enjoy!
Table of Contents
- Why these air fryer bacon wrapped baby potatoes are so good
- Join our air fryer community on Facebook!
- What you’ll need to make these Air fryer appetizers
- Best potatoes for this recipe.
- How to make Air fryer Bacon wrapped potatoes
- Best dipping sauce and how to serve.
- How to make the spicy sour cream dip
- Tips for success
- More Bacon wrapped foods to try
- Frequently Asked Questions
- We’ve got more appetizers and snacks
- Air fryer bacon wrapped potatoes with baby potatoes
Why these air fryer bacon wrapped baby potatoes are so good
These bacon wrapped potato bites check all the boxes in my opinion when thinking of something that would please most guests.
Now over to why these baby potato bites are so good and why you can’t go wrong with it.
- Easy does it: Nothing beats easy and hassle free for me. I need a recipe that’s easy to prepare with little or no prep and comes out delicious.
- Tasty: Did I mention delicious? Oh yeah these are beyond delicious on its own or dipped in your favorite sauce. Crispy on the outside and ridiculously tender on the inside. Oh dear!
- Time saving: Gets ready in less than 20 mins you can easily make multiple batches.
- No need to precook: No need to precook the potatoes. They cook to a tender perfection in the air fryer.
- No fail recipe: This recipe is very forgiving you can’t go wrong with it
What you’ll need to make these Air fryer appetizers
- Baby potatoes
- black pepper optional
- Tooth picks or cocktail sticks
- Parchment paper (optional)
Spicy sour cream dip ingredients
- Sour cream
- Black pepper
Best potatoes for this recipe.
I used baby potatoes for this recipe, if you want to use bigger sized potatoes, you would need to cut them into bite sized cubes.
Or simply cut them into wedges or rounds and make bacon wrapped wedge or bacon wrapped sweet potato rounds.
In a nutshell, any potato would work, russet, sweet potatoes, red potatoes, Idaho etc.
How to make Air fryer Bacon wrapped potatoes
Wash and dry potatoes no need to peel. Cut bacon into two across.
Gently wrap each baby potato with bacon and secure at the seam with a toothpick. Repeat process till all the potatoes are wrapped.
Place in the air fryer basket and air fry at 400°F / 204°C for 15 mins.
How to make it in the oven
Don’t have an air fryer yet? You can make these in the oven and here’s how.
- Preheat oven to 400°F / 205°C
- Wrap potatoes with bacon and place on an un-greased baking sheet and bake for 40- 45 mins or until bacon is crispy and potatoes are fork tender and cooked through.
Best dipping sauce and how to serve.
Serve these on the cocktail sticks with which they were cooked then choose your favorite dip. Suggestions include:
- Barbecue sauce
- Spicy Mayo (a mix of sriracha sauce and mayonnaise)
- Fry sauce (A mix of ketchup and mayonnaise)
- Spicy sour cream sauce (a mix of mayonnaise, sour cream, sriracha and vinegar)
- Sour cream Chive dip
How to make the spicy sour cream dip
Mix all the ingredients needed for the sour cream dip thoroughly till well combined. Set aside in the refrigerator till ready to use. See recipe card for details.
Tips for success
- Pat dry potatoes after washing. This will prevent the bacon from slipping off when wrapping the potatoes.
- I highly recommend using cocktail sticks. If you don’t want to use cocktail sticks you can place the wrapped potatoes seam side down. However not all might stay put.
- Do not over crowd the air fryer basket. Cook in batches if you have to. In fact this recipe will cook in two batches.
- If using the oven style air fryers, cook in the middle rack and add 3-5 mins more to cooking time.
- Best bacon cut to use. I use regular cut bacon since I find it easier to wrap the potatoes with it.
More Bacon wrapped foods to try
- Bacon wrapped chicken
- Air fryer bacon wrapped Chicken wings
- Bacon wrapped sweet potatoes
- Air fryer bacon wrapped shrimps
- Bacon wrapped meatballs
- Air fryer bacon wrapped asparagus
- Bacon wrapped corn on the cob
Frequently Asked Questions
How long do you bake bacon wrapped potatoes?
The answer would depend on method of cooking and sizes of potatoes. If baking these in the air fryer it takes only 15 mins. If baking in the oven it can take up to 50 mins.
How do you wrap something in bacon?
Cut the bacon across or longitudinally depending on what you are wrapping. Then wrap the food with a slice of bacon in a single layer. When wrapping round foods like potatoes and Brussel sprouts, I cut across. For asparagus or green beans I cut longitudinally.
We’ve got more appetizers and snacks
- Air fryer mini corn dogs
- Bacon twists
- Air fryer chin chin
- Meatballs in from scratch
- Grab all our appetizer and snack recipes
Other air fryer recipes
- Air fryer Hamburger hobo packets
- Chicken sausages in the air fryer
- Air fryer popcorn
- Crispy air fryer chicken
Check out all our >>>Air fryer Recipes!
Did you find this recipe helpful? Leave me a comment about it or any recipe idea you would love Air fryer ‘yummed’ and don’t forget to share with family and friends.
Happy Air frying!
Love it? Pin it!
Looking for more air fryer recipes? Sign up for our yummy newsletterand Follow along on Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest and Tiktok for updates. Remember to Subscribe to my YouTube Channel for weekly videos.
Loving your air fryer much? Join other Air Fryer Buddies in our exclusive free Easy Air Fryer Recipes Group on Facebook!
New to the world of Air frying? We’ve got you covered. Check out our helpful>>> Air fryer Resources!
Shop all air fryers and air fryer accessories at our Amazon store.
Air fryer bacon wrapped potatoes with baby potatoes
- Air fryer
- Glass bowl
- Parchment paper (optional)
- Paper towel
- Bamboo Toothpick sticks or cocktail sticks
- 32 baby potatoes
- 1 lb Thin sliced bacon (about 16 slices)
- ½ teaspoon black pepper (optional)
Spicy sour cream dip
- ¼ cup sour cream
- 2 Tablespoons Mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons sriracha sauce (use less to reduce the heat)
- 2 teaspoons apple cider vinegar
- salt & black pepper to taste
Make the sauce
- Mix all the sauce ingredients together till well combined then set aside on that counter if using immediately. Put in the refrigerator if you aren’t making the potatoes immediately
Prepare the bacon
- Cut bacon in half crosswise and set aside
- Wash potatoes thoroughly and dry with paper towel no need to peel.
Assemble it all
- Wrap each baby potatoes with half a slice of bacon and secure seam with tooth picks or cocktail sticks.
- Repeat process till all potatoes have been wrapped.
- Sprinkle with black pepper if using
- Place 16 bacon wrapped potatoes in the air fryer basket or the amount that fits.
- Set temperature to 400°F / 204°C and bake for 13 - 15 mins flipping half way through. Let the potatoes rest for a minute in the air fryer then remove and cook second batch.
- Serve with your favorite dipping sauce.
- Recipe serves 8 and can easily be halved.
- Use cold bacon. It’s easier to cut cold bacon without stretching and distorting the shape.
- No need to preheat the air fryer. However start checking the second batch at 12 mins
- Do not overcrowd your basket. Cook in batches if needed. I use a 5.8qt air fryer 16 fits in mine at a time. Put whatever amount that will fit in yours without overcrowding the basket.