Air fryer radishes wrapped in bacon? Next we’d be wrapping some beets too right? Well you may not be too far from the truth cos these air fryer bacon wrapped radishes are the closest you could get to keto potatoes.
This recipe can be served as a low carb and Keto friendly appetizer, snack or side dish and guess what, it’s so easy to make and gets all crispy in less than 15 mins. Read along and find out exactly how we roast some radishes without turning on our oven.
Table of Contents
- 1 Bacon wrapped Radishes
- 2 Join our exclusive air fryer recipe group on Facebook!
- 3 Is Radish keto?
- 4 Carbs in Radishes
- 5 What ingredients do you need to make this recipe
- 6 How to make Air fryer Bacon wrapped radishes.
- 7 How to make it in the oven
- 8 Tips
- 9 FAQs
- 10 More keto friendly bacon wrapped foods
- 11 Air fryer bacon wrapped radishes (keto potatoes)
Bacon wrapped Radishes
After sharing these amazing bacon wrapped baby potatoes on the blog, I’ve been getting frequent requests for a keto friendly version especially in our Facebook group. The thing that came to mind that could work were radishes.
I had a pack of radishes sitting in the refrigerator which I intended to use to make some roasted radishes in the air fryer. Well by popular demand I decided to make this version first. Hope you enjoy it.
Join our exclusive air fryer recipe group on Facebook!
Is Radish keto?
Yes radishes are considered low carb and keto friendly root vegetables. They serve as a great substitute to potatoes when on a keto diet.
Raw Radishes are usually used in salads but has been co-opted into the keto world as keto potatoes. In all honesty though they are as close enough as you can get to Potatoes when cooked, pan fried, roasted or air fried, however I wouldn’t say they are aren’t exactly like potatoes.
Carbs in Radishes
How many carbs in Radishes? Based on its low carb profile, you’d be wondering how many carbs are really in this side dish.
A cup of radishes has 3.9g Total carbs and 1.9g fiber. Making the net carbs to be 2g (the Net carbs in any food is the difference between the total carbs and the dietary fiber)
What ingredients do you need to make this recipe
- Red radishes
- Toothpicks or cocktail sticks
How to make Air fryer Bacon wrapped radishes.
It’s an easy peasy kind of recipe. Wash and cut tips off these root vegetables. Pay dry with paper towel.
Cut the bacon into two across. Wrap each radish with bacon and secure with a tooth pick. Air fry at 400°F / 205°C for 13 - 15 mins.
How to make it in the oven
Preheat oven to 400°F / 205°C / Gas mark 6
Place bacon wrapped radishes on a baking sheet and bake for up to 20 mins or till bacon is crispy.
- Pat the radishes dry to keep out extra moisture and to keep the bacon from sliding off as you wrap it round the radishes.
- Cut bacon when it’s cold. It’s easier to cut bacon this way
- Insert the tooth picks at the seams to secure the bacon.
- Red radishes come in a variety of sizes. Select similar sized ones so that they cook evenly.
What does cooked radish taste like?
Cooked radishes have a mild and sweet taste. It also tastes a bit watery.
Are radishes better cooked or raw?
Though raw radishes taste great in salads. I also love cooked radishes. If you don’t like the peppery taste it has when eaten raw, then opt for cooked or roasted radishes.
How do you make radishes taste better?
Seasoning them like you would with potatoes, then roasting, pan frying or air frying the seasoned radishes definitely improves the flavor profile.
Are radishes low in carbs?
Yes they are they contain 2g net carbs per cup.
More keto friendly bacon wrapped foods
- Bacon wrapped shrimp
- Air fryer bacon wrapped asparagus
- Bacon wrapped meatballs
- Air fryer bacon wrapped chicken
- All our air fryer keto friendly recipes
Other Low carb Air fryer recipes to try
- Crispy air fryer chicken drumsticks
- Air fryer butternut squash fries
- Teriyaki chicken legs
- Air fryer Meatball skewers
- Greek chicken souvlaki
- Air fryer Chicken sausages
Check out all our >>>Air fryer Recipes!
Did you find this recipe helpful? Leave me a comment about it or any recipe idea you would love Air fryer ‘yummed’ and don’t forget to share with family and friends.
Happy Air frying!
Love it? Pin it!
Looking for more air fryer recipes? Sign up for our yummy newsletter and Follow along on Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest and Tiktok for updates. Remember to Subscribe to my YouTube Channel for weekly videos.
Loving your air fryer much? Join other Air Fryer Buddies in our exclusive free Easy Air Fryer Recipes Group on Facebook!
New to the world of Air frying? We’ve got you covered. Check out our helpful >>> Air fryer Resources!
Shop all air fryers and air fryer accessories at our Amazon store.
Air fryer bacon wrapped radishes (keto potatoes)
- Air fryer
- Glass bowl
- Parchment paper (optional)
- Paper towel
- Bamboo Toothpick sticks or cocktail sticks
- 1 lb Red radishes
- 1 lb Thin sliced bacon (about 16 slices)
- ¼ cup keto barbecue sauce for dipping
Prepare the bacon
- Cut bacon in half crosswise and set aside
Prepare radishes (keto potatoes)
- Snip off the ends and wash radishes thoroughly. Dry with paper towel no need to peel.
- Wrap each radish with half a slice of bacon and secure seam with tooth picks or cocktail sticks.
- Repeat process till all the radishes have been wrapped.
- Place bacon wrapped radishes in the air fryer basket.
- Set temperature to 400°F / 205°C and bake for 13 - 15 mins flipping half way through.
- Serve with your favorite dipping sauce.
- Recipe serves 8 and can easily be halved.
- A pound of red radishes usually has about 30 - 32 radishes.
- Use cold bacon. It’s easier to cut cold bacon without stretching and distorting the shape.
- No need to preheat the air fryer. However start checking the second batch at 12 mins
- Do not overcrowd your basket. Cook in batches if needed.
Thank you for sharing. I am on a keto diet. I eat radishes as a substitute for potatoes not that it tastes exactly like potatoes but I don’t mind. Never thought to wrap with bacon. Great idea.