Panda Express fried rice is one of our favorite side dishes from the popular Asian take out restaurant. Just like this air fryer ham fried rice, this recipe can be made in the air fryer and it comes out perfect every time.
Making fried rice in the air fryer is literally dump, mix, heat, serve. With a few ingredients and less than 20 mins you’ve got this sought after dinner recipe piping hot and ready to be devoured!
Table of Contents
- 1 Why this Panda Express fried rice copy cat is sooo good!
- 2 Join our exclusive Air fryer group on Facebook!
- 3 Ingredients
- 4 What can I use instead of soy sauce?
- 5 How to make fried rice in the air fryer
- 6 Tips to make restaurant quality Panda experience rice at home
- 7 Frequently asked questions
- 8 Need some more Asian Air fryer recipes? You bet!
- 9 Other Air fryer fried rice recipes.
- 10 Panda Express fried rice copy cat recipe in the air fryer
Why this Panda Express fried rice copy cat is sooo good!
Tasty! Tasty! Did I say Tasty already. Bring restaurant quality home by making this in the air fryer. And here are a few reasons why it’s so good!
Easy peasy! Fried rice is generally an easy side dish. Air fryer fried rice is easier to make and more handoff than making it on the stovetop.
Few ingredients: No fancy ingredients here. Requires just a few pantry staples and you are well on your way to a tasty dinner.
Time saver! Oh yes this is a time saving recipe. Simply dump and start while you stir occasionally.
Join our exclusive Air fryer group on Facebook!
- Cold Cooked long grain white rice
- Soy sauce
- Scrambled Eggs
- Spring onions
- Frozen peas and carrots
- White pepper
- Garlic powder
What can I use instead of soy sauce?
If you are allergic to Gluten, You won’t be able to use regular soy sauce. Below are a list of substitutes to use;
- Tamari soy sauce wondering what makes Tamari difference, read about it in this article.
- Worcestershire sauce (Lea & Perrins brand)
- Coconut aminos
How to make fried rice in the air fryer
This is a beginner friendly recipe and one of the easiest you will make in your air fryer. There’s a full printable recipe card at the bottom of the page the steps below are just an overview.
First you need to gather your ingredients, all you need is one bowl which should be the cake tin in which you would be cooking the rice in. Gently mix all ingredients together using the fold in method so you don’t break up all the eggs and squash veggies.
Set the temperature to 350°F / 177°C and cook for 10 to 15 minutes stirring at 5 minutes intervals.
Tips to make restaurant quality Panda experience rice at home
- Type of rice: long grain rice work better with this recipe. Jasmin, Parboiled and Basmati.
- Use cold rice: cold rice is best for Asian style fried rice because it keeps the food from getting mushy
- The rice would be cooked through by 10 mins the extra 5 mins helps to get it toasty to simulate frying on a wok.
Frequently asked questions
What is in the fried rice at Panda Express?
According to their website, their fried rice contains steamed White rice, Soy sauce, Eggs, Peas, Carrots and Green onions
Does Panda Express do chicken fried rice?
I don’t think they do since I haven’t seen chicken fried rice on their menu. However if chicken fried rice is what you crave! Add some cooked chicken breasts to this recipe and there you have it!
What can I use instead of soy sauce in fried rice?
You can use Coconut aminos or Worcestershire sauce (please use the Lea & Perrins brand if gluten free)
What kind of white rice does Panda Express use?
Most Chinese restaurants use Jasmine rice there I would assume that’s what is used in their restaurants. However any long white tube should work. I have use parboiled long grain and Basmati with success.
Need some more Asian Air fryer recipes? You bet!
- Making PF Chang’s frozen honey chicken in the air fryer is a total game changer!
- Air fryer Dumplings
Other Air fryer fried rice recipes.
- Ham fried rice in the air fryer
- Chicken fried rice
- Egg fried rice
- Vegetable fried rice.
Check out all our >>>Air fryer Recipes!
Did you find this recipe helpful? Leave me a comment about it or any recipe idea you would love Air fryer ‘yummed’ and don’t forget to share with family and friends.
Happy Air frying!
Love it? Pin it!
Looking for more air fryer recipes? Sign up for our yummy newsletter and Follow along on Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest and Tiktok for updates. Remember to Subscribe to my YouTube Channel for weekly videos.
Loving your air fryer much? Join other Air Fryer Buddies in our exclusive free Easy Air Fryer Recipes Group on Facebook!
New to the world of Air frying? We’ve got you covered. Check out our helpful>>> Air fryer Resources!
Panda Express fried rice copy cat recipe in the air fryer
- Air fryer
- 3 cups Cold cooked rice
- 3-4 Tablespoon Low sodium soy sauce (use Tamari for gluten free)
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon ginger powder
- ¼ teaspoon White pepper
- 2 - 3 Tablespoon oil
- 3 Large Eggs (scrambled)
- ½ cup spring onions (chopped)
- 1½ cup frozen mixed carrots and peas
- Mix all the ingredients in a bowl, preferably the oven safe dish to be used to cook it in the air fryer.
- Put bowl of well mixed rice into the air fryer. Set temperature to 350°F / 177°C and bake for 10 to 15 mins, stirring every 5 mins.
- When cooking is done, taste for salt and adjust accordingly before serving .
- Mix ingredients gently but thoroughly before cooking.
- Stir at 5 mins intervals while it cooks.
- Scrambled eggs on the stovetop and let it cool slightly before using.
Catherine Nefak says
Air Fryer Yum says
You are welcome!
For those who can't have gluten but want soy sauce, look for La Choy brand. They have gluten free soy sauce sold at normal price. I find it with the other soy sauces, not in the health food market. Check label before buying as they may have non-GF products also.
Air Fryer Yum says
Thank you for your input.