Making frozen pot pie in air fryer makes for a quick and easy dinner. No need to turn on your oven any more to get that golden crispy crust. This Marie Callender’s pot pie gets ready in less than 30 mins in the air fryer. Read along and find out exactly how to make this delightful chicken and vegetables dinner in less time.
Marie Callender’s Chicken pot pie in air fryer
This is one of those indulgences we all agree on getting whenever we go grocery shopping at Costco’s. It’s an filling meal to have as soon as we get back from the store while we prepare for dinner.
These get ready in 5 to 6 minutes in the microwave if you are super hungry but if you are looking to enjoy some nice flakey crust, the air fryer is the way forward. It may take a longer time in the air fryer than in the microwave but it takes way less time than in that oven.
Why you’ll love this recipe
- Reheating has never been easier (well except for the microwave which has it’s own pros and cons)
- This is super easy and definitely falls under the easy air fryer recipes for beginners category.
- No need to turn on your oven and heat up the house especially during the summer.
Related: Frozen burrito in air fryer
What you’ll need (Ingredients & tools)
- Your favorite brand of frozen pot pie
- Aluminium Foil
Different brands of Pot pies
Besides Marie Callender’s (8oz) their are other brands of pot pies which will be listed below
- Banquet (7oz)
- Blake’s Chicken pot pie (8oz)
- Boston Market (16oz)
- Stouffer’s (16oz)
How to make frozen pot pie in air fryer
This is an overview of the recipe with step by step photos. Scroll down to end of post for a printable recipe card with the amount of ingredients and full recipe instructions.
Cover the top of frozen pot pies with foil, Put them in the air fryer basket and air fry at 400°F / 200°C for 20 mins, then remove foil and cook for another 5 mins to crisp up the crust.
How long to cook a frozen pot pie in the air fryer (Beef or chicken)
This will depend on the temperature at which you are cooking it and the size of the pot pies. You notice in the section where I talk about brands, they all come in different sizes ranging from 7oz to 16oz.
The Marie Callender’s we cook comes in 8oz sizes and takes approximately 25 mins to cook in the air fryer.
I won’t recommend reheating these and storing for later. It’s best you reheat the amount you need at each time and serve immediately.
Air frying Tips
- Air fryer temperatures may vary depending on size, make and model. When making a recipe for the first time, start with less time, check for doneness then add more time as needed.
- Cover top of pot pie with foil to prevent the crust from over cooking before the inside gets the chance to heat up.
- If you want to speed things up you can pop these in the microwave for 5 mins and then crisp up the crust in the air fryer for 2 to 3 minutes.
Frequently asked questions
Can you cook a Marie Callender’s pot pie in the air fryer?
You can cook it and other brands in the air fryer in less time than you would in the oven. Marie Callender’s pot pie is our favorite brand and we no longer need to turn on the oven to bake it.
Can you put a frozen pot pie in the air fryer?
Simply place frozen pot pies in the air fryer and bake till cooked through see recipe card below for full instructions.
More Air fryer frozen foods
Check out all our >>>Air fryer Recipes!
Did you find this recipe helpful? Leave me a comment about it or any recipe idea you would love Air fryer ‘yummed’ and don’t forget to share with family and friends.
Happy Air frying!
Love it? Pin it!
Looking for more air fryer recipes? Sign up for our yummy newsletter and Follow along on Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest and Tiktok for updates. Remember to Subscribe to my YouTube Channel for weekly videos.
Loving your air fryer much? Join other Air Fryer Buddies in our exclusive free Easy Air Fryer Recipes Group on Facebook!
New to the world of Air frying? We’ve got you covered. Check out our helpful >>> Air fryer Resources!
Shop all air fryers and air fryer accessories at our Amazon store.
Air fryer frozen pot pie
- Air fryer
- Aluminum foil
- 2 Frozen chicken or beef pot pies Marie Callender’s or others
- Remove pot pie from cardboard box Cover the top of the pot pies with foil
- Set temperature to 400°F / 200°C and cook for 20 mins then gently remove foil covering and cook for another 5 mins to crisp up the crust. Let it stand in the air fryer for another minute before serving
Cover top of pot pie with foil to prevent the crust from over cooking before the inside gets the chance to heat up.
If you want to speed things up you can pop these in the microwave for 5 mins and then crisp up the crust in the air fryer for 2 to 3 minutes.
Nutritional information is an estimate and may change based on products used. Please read full nutrition disclaimer here.
Did you make this air fryer frozen pot pie recipe? Awesome! Please use the Star Rating ⭐️ ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ when you leave a comment, it helps readers out! Also be sure to tag & follow @AirFryerYumBlog on Instagram. We’d love to see your recreations of our recipes!