You must have heard about how air fryer hasselback potatoes make for a great side dish. Wait till you try these air fryer mini hasselback potatoes. Easy doesn’t even begin to describe this hasselback potato appetizer!
These gorgeous baby potatoes are crispy and simply delicious. They are doused with garlic butter in between each slice and topped with bacon bits, sour cream and chives which will definitely tick all savory boxes and excite your tastebuds.
Table of Contents
- 1 Air fryer mini hasselback potatoes Recipe (baby hasselback potatoes)
- 2 Mini hasselback potatoes are great because they are
- 3 Ingredients (with Substitutions)
- 4 Best baby hasselback potatoes seasoning.
- 5 How long to cook mini hasselback potatoes in air fryer
- 6 How to make air fryer mini hasselback potatoes
- 7 What to serve with hassleback potatoes
- 8 How to store and reheat
- 9 Air frying Tips
- 10 FAQs
- 11 More air fryer recipes
- 12 Air fryer mini hasselback potatoes
Air fryer mini hasselback potatoes Recipe (baby hasselback potatoes)
This mini hassleback potatoes recipe is one of our favorite ways to enjoy new potatoes because of how delicious it is with the flavor of garlic butter in every bite.
If you enjoyed our air fryer baby smashed potatoes recipe, then you’ll definitely add this to your weekly rotation or on your appetizer plate for parties or family gatherings.
Related: Air fryer loaded baked potato rounds, air fryer cottage fries, air fryer potato slices.
Mini hasselback potatoes are great because they are
Quick and easy: The air fryer bakes potatoes in less time than the oven and yields similar if not better results. Our air fryer canned potatoes say it all!
A Crowd pleaser: These are picky eater approved because they are so good,
Versatile: This is definitely an easy hasselback potato appetizer that doubles up as a side dish!
Join our Air fryer recipes group on Facebook!
Ingredients (with Substitutions)
- Baby potatoes
- Butter: helps make potatoes crispy, you can leave it out if you are vegan and increase the quantity of the olive oil. Alternatively use vegan butter instead
- Olive oil
- Garlic powder: you can sub with fresh garlic or use onion powder.
- Dry parsley
- Black pepper
Best baby hasselback potatoes seasoning.
Your favorite Potato seasoning homemade or store bought would work for this recipe. I always like to add a hint of Rosemary to my roasted potatoes but today I’m keeping it simple with garlic butter.
My favorite way to season potatoes can be found in most of my potato recipes on the blog and always includes paprika, salt, black pepper, rosemary and Italian seasoning.
Tools used for this recipe
The links below may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon associate and affiliate to other merchants, this website may earn from qualifying purchases. Please read full disclosure here
- This recipe was made using the Cosori air fryer. I like that it comes in 3 colors, Black, Red and White (my favorite)
- Sharp knife
- Chopping board
- Mixing bowl
- Perforated Parchment paper or perforated silicon Mat (optional)
- Kitchen tongs (optional)
- Heat resistant mat for your counter top
- Meal prep bowls for storage and easy reheating
How long to cook mini hasselback potatoes in air fryer
Depending on the specie of potatoes used, mini hassleback potatoes take anywhere from 15 to 25 mins to cook when cooked at 400°F / 200°C in a non preheated Cosori, Ninja, or Gourmia air fryer.
Red baby potatoes tend to take longer to cook than the golden creamer used in today’s recipe. You know when the potatoes are done they become fork tender and fluffy.
How to make air fryer mini hasselback potatoes
This is an overview of the recipe with step by step photos. Scroll down to the end of this post for a printable recipe card with the amount of ingredients and full recipe instructions.
- Wash potatoes thoroughly and pat dry with paper towels.
- Place each baby potato on a cutting board and carefully slice it lengthwise into thin, even slices about ⅛ to ¼ inch thick stopping about ¼ inch from the bottom so the slices stay attached. Repeat with the remaining potatoes
- Mix Olive oil, melted butter, salt, garlic powder, black pepper, and dry parsley , set aside. Transfer potatoes to air fryer basket or rack sliced side facing up.
- Brush the potatoes with the garlic butter ensuring you concentrate in between the slices. Be careful not to break them apart.
- Air fry at 400°F / 200°C for 15 to 20 mins or until the potatoes are fork tender and crispy. If your potatoes are not fully cooked at 20 mins, additional time of up to 6 mins checking at 2 mins intervals.
What to serve with hassleback potatoes
Baby hasselback potatoes can be served with fried eggs, Chicken, Steak or even air fryer vegetables. You can also enjoy hassleback potatoes with yummy toppings or dips. Find some of our family favorites below.
Best toppings for hasselback potatoes
- Sour cream
- Air fryer bacon bits
- Bbq sauce
How to store and reheat
Air fried mini hasselback potatoes can keep in the refrigerator for up to 3 days if stored properly. Ensure potatoes cool completely before transferring to a clean and dry airtight container.
Reheat in the microwave or air fryer. However, I recommend using the air fryer for best results. Simply set temp to 400°F / 200°C and air fry till warmed through and crispy. Usually takes 3 to 5 minutes.
If you must use the microwave, line your microwave plate with paper towel to absorb the moisture as it warms. Microwave on high at 30 secs intervals until warmed through.
Air frying Tips
- You do not need to preheat your air fryer. This recipe was made in a non preheated air fryer. If you do preheat, your good would likely cook in less time if you exclude the preheating time.
- Hasselback potatoes are usually cpoked with their skin on. Be sure to scrub the potatoes throughly to get rid of dirt. If possible, use organic potatoes.
- When slicing the potatoes, be careful not slice all the way through. After cutting you can also use a small spoon or spatula to gently fan out the slices to make the pattern more evident.
- Use only olive oil or combine with vegan butter to keep this recipe plant-based.
Here you’ll find answers to common questions about this recipe. If your question isn’t answered, please leave us a comment below and we’ll gladly answer them.
After washing and drying the potatoes, place a potato on a cutting board and carefully slice it lengthwise into thin, even slices, (usually ⅛ to ¼ thick) stopping about ¼ inch from the bottom so the slices stay attached.
If you are worried you’d slice through, place a chop stick or on each side of the potato. This will help stop the knife from cutting through.
Hasselback potatoes are usually not peeled. They are washed thoroughly before slicing with the skin on.
Yes you can use regular sized potatoes but you would need to adjust the cooking time. It can take up to 40 mins depending on how big the potatoes are.
If you try this recipe, show it off on Instagram! Be sure to Follow and Tag @Airfryeryumblog on Instagram and use the hashtag #airfryeryumblog so we can see your recreations!
More air fryer recipes
- Air fryer Christmas potatoes
- Air fryer potatoes and onions
- Air fryer red potatoes
- Air fryer rainbow potatoes
Check out all our >>>Air fryer Recipes!
Did you find this recipe helpful? Leave me a comment about it or any recipe idea you would love Air fryer ‘yummed’ and don’t forget to share with family and friends.
Happy Air frying!
Love it? Pin it! Then follow Air Fryer Yum on Pinterest for more deliciousness!
Looking for more air fryer recipes? Sign up for our yummy newsletter and Follow along on Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest and Tiktok for updates. Remember to Subscribe to my YouTube Channel for weekly videos.
Loving your air fryer much? Join other Air Fryer Buddies in our exclusive free Easy Air Fryer Recipes Group on Facebook!
New to the world of Air frying? We’ve got you covered. Check out our helpful >>> Air fryer Resources!
Shop all air fryers and air fryer accessories at our Amazon store.
Air Fryer Yum’s Pro Tip! Air fryer temperatures may vary depending on size, make and model. When making a recipe for the first time, start with less time, check for doneness then add more time as needed.
Air fryer mini hasselback potatoes
- 1.5 lbs Potatoes
- 1 Tablespoon oil
- 2 Tablespoons butter
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon Dry parsley
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
Prepare the baby potatoes
- Wash potatoes thoroughly. Pat dry with paper towels.
- Place the potato on a cutting board and carefully slice it lengthwise into thin, even slices, stopping about ¼ inch from the bottom so the slices stay attached.
- Use a small spoon or spatula to gently fan out the slices. Repeat with the remaining potatoes.
Prepare the garlic butter
- Mix Olive oil, melted butter, salt, garlic powder, black pepper and dry parsley , set aside.
Season the Potatoes
- Transfer potatoes to air fryer basket or rack sliced side facing up.
- Brush the potatoes with the garlic butter mixture ensuring you concentrate in between the slices. Be careful not to break them apart.
- Air fry at 400°F / 200°C for 10 mins, shake basket or flip over whichever is easier. Then brush more garlic butter on the potatoes.
- Continue to cook for another 8 to 10 mins or until potatoes are fork tender.
- Brush more garlic butter before serving if you still have some left.
- No need to preheat.
- These Creamy potatoes which cook pretty fast. Red baby potatoes will likely take a couple of minutes longer to cook.
Did you make this air fryer recipe? Awesome! Please rate it by clicking the stars ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ when you leave a comment below. If you loved it please share the link to this recipe with family and friends and in you favorite Facebook group.
Share your thoughts!