Can you cook eggs in the air fryer? Air fryer hard boiled eggs or soft boiled eggs is not only possible but also easy. It may take a little longer than in the stove-top but the guarantee of a sure fire easy peel experience is worth it in my opinion.
Whether you need these as an appetizer or snack, hello air fryer deviled eggs or to add to your favorite salads. You’ll love the yellow and fluffy yolks that come with well cooked eggs in the air fryer. Read along and find o how to cook eggs in air fryer in super easy steps.
Table of Contents
- 1 Air fryer hard boiled eggs recipe
- 2 Join our Air fryer recipes group on Facebook!
- 3 Why this recipe / method works
- 4 Ingredients
- 5 How to cook eggs in air fryer
- 6 What to do with hard boiled eggs
- 7 How to store hard boiled eggs
- 8 Air frying Tips
- 9 Frequently asked questions
- 10 More air fryer recipes for newbies
- 11 Air fryer hard boiled eggs
Air fryer hard boiled eggs recipe
Is this really a recipe? Well…. Maybe not but this guide will get you making the perfect hard boiled eggs in the air fryer in no time. You’ll get all the tips you need to proceed with this hands free, easy peel boiled eggs.
If you’ve struggled with boiling eggs on the stove top, or it’s a hit or miss for you with the shell being so hard to peel then you need to try air fryer boiled eggs.
I know it’s hard to believe you can actually ‘boil’ eggs in the air fryer. But it needn’t be after all some people make boiled eggs in the oven. That’s the same concept used in the air fryer.
Why this recipe / method works
- Easy: One of the easiest ways to cook easy peel eggs is in the air fryer. These air fryer hard boiled eggs are super easy to make and takes 15 mins of hands free cooking. This is as good as a dump and go method, no prep needed.
- Hands free: You don’t need to stand around or set a separate timer so you don’t overcook the eggs and have those unpleasant looking green lines around the yolks that comes with overcooked
- Easy peel: If you struggled with peeling eggs without any hitch, this method is a good one to try. You really get to peel eggs without tears once you get the hand of it.
- Safe: No risk of hot water burns. However be sure to use a pair of kitchen tongs to get the eggs out of the air fryer to transfer to the Ice bath because it would be hot.
- Ice cubes
How to cook eggs in air fryer
This is an overview of the recipe with step by step photos. Scroll down to end of post for a printable recipe card with the amount of ingredients and full recipe instructions.
Hard boiled eggs
- Place raw eggs in the air fryer basket set temperature to 270°F / 130°C and cook for 15 mins.
- Transfer to ice bath with tongs and Shock eggs in ice bath for at least 3 mins and peel.
Soft boiled eggs in air fryer
- Place raw eggs (with no cracks) in the air fryer basket and air fry at 270°F / 130°C for 13 mins.
- Transfer to ice bath and shock for 5 mins before peeling.
What to do with hard boiled eggs
Hard boiled eggs are so versatile and can be used in a variety of ways it can be used as
- Appetizers ( air fryer deviled eggs)
- An addition to salads
- A filling for egg salad sandwiches
How to store hard boiled eggs
For best results hard boiled eggs should be stored in the refrigerator unpeeled for up to 5 days. Storing in the shell (unpeeled) will prevent the eggs from absorbing odors from other foods in the refrigerator.
Yes you can also store peeled eggs. Store those in an air tight container in the refrigerator and consume within 5 days.
Air frying Tips
- Most recipes on the internet call for 6 eggs. However this recipe works for up to 6 eggs (1-6) If you are making more than 6 eggs it would take a longer time to cook. For instance, 10 to 12 eggs would cook in 17 to 18 mins as against the 15 mins it takes to cook 6 eggs.
- The temp is 270°F / 130°C and not 370°F / 188°C. I remember my first attempt at air fryer boiled eggs was a disaster because I cooked it at a high temperature. The eggs came out burnt of course. You know what? I didn’t give up. I tried again and got it right.
- Shock the eggs in an ice bath or cold water for at least 3 mins for hard boiled and 5 mins for soft boiled before attempting to peel the eggs.
- When cooking up to 12 eggs, check one egg at the 18 mins mark by shocking it and peeling. If it’s not hard boiled, cook for another 2 mins in the air fryer.
- Make sure eggs don’t have cracks or it will leak in the air fryer while cooking
Frequently asked questions
Will eggs explode in air fryer?
No eggs do not explode on the air fryer like that would in the microwave without a microwave egg cooker.
What temperature do you cook eggs in the air fryer?
I have found that 270°F / 130°C is my happy place when it comes to making soft or hard boiled eggs in the air fryer. It works like a charm every time.
How do I cook half boiled eggs?
To cook half boiled eggs or what is know as soft boiled. You cook at least time at the same temperature. Which would be 270°F / 130°C for 13 mins and shock the eggs for 5 mins.
More air fryer recipes for newbies
- Air fryer frozen French fries
- Crispy air fryer bacon
- Air fryer bacon wrapped potatoes
- Reheat chicken wings in air fryer
- Air fryer Parmentier potatoes (Cubed potatoes in the air fryer)
- Air fryer breakfast sausages
- Reheat pizza in air fryer
Check out all our >>>Air fryer Recipes!
Did you find this recipe helpful? Leave me a comment about it or any recipe idea you would love Air fryer ‘yummed’ and don’t forget to share with family and friends.
Happy Air frying!
Love it? Pin it!
Looking for more air fryer recipes? Sign up for our yummy newsletter and Follow along on Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest and Tiktok for updates. Remember to Subscribe to my YouTube Channel for weekly videos.
Loving your air fryer much? Join other Air Fryer Buddies in our exclusive free Easy Air Fryer Recipes Group on Facebook!
New to the world of Air frying? We’ve got you covered. Check out our helpful >>> Air fryer Resources!
Shop all air fryers and air fryer accessories at our Amazon store.
Air Fryer Yum’s Pro Tip! Air fryer temperatures may vary depending on size, make and model. When making a recipe for the first time, start with less time, check for doneness then add more time as needed.
Air fryer hard boiled eggs
- 6 Large eggs
for ice bath
- 4 Cups Cool water
- 1 Cup ice cubes
For hard boiled eggs
- Place 6 eggs in the air fryer basket, turn on the air fryer, set temperature to 270F and air fry for 15 mins
- Two minutes to end of air fryer cycle, Mix ice with water for Ice bath. When cycle is complete, use a pair of kitchen tongs to get the eggs out of the air fryer and submerge immediately in the ice bath for at least 3 minutes before peeling.
For soft boiled eggs
- Place 6 eggs in the air fryer basket, turn on the air fryer, set temperature to 270F and air fry for 13 mins.
- Transfer boiled eggs into water bath and let it sit for 5 mins before peeling.
- Make sure eggs are not cracked. It will leak into your air fryer and ruin the eggs.
- Use a pair of kitchen tongs to get eggs out of the air fryer into ice bath. The cooked eggs will be hot.
Did you make this recipe? Awesome! Please rate it by clicking the stars ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ when you leave a comment below. Also be sure to Follow & Tag @AirFryerYumBlog on Instagram when you make any of our recipes. We are honored and would love to see your recreations of our recipes!