Reheating wings in air fryer appliances is my fav! Here is an easy guide that will show you how to reheat chicken wings in the air fryer. Hey wings lover, those leftover wings need not be soggy when reheated it can still taste all crispy and nice just like it came fresh out of the hot oil. The air fryer has been my go to appliance for reheating foods, from refrigerated leftovers to frozen foods. If you haven’t tried it you are missing out on good leftovers.
Table of Contents
- 1 Reheat wings! Air fryer?
- 2 Join our Air fryer Recipe group on Facebook!
- 3 Why you’ll love this!
- 4 How long do you reheat chicken wings in the air fryer
- 5 How to reheat chicken wings in air fryer.
- 6 Storage
- 7 Tips
- 8 Frequently asked questions
- 9 More air fryer reheated foods
- 10 How to reheat chicken wings in air fryer
Reheat wings! Air fryer?
Reheating chicken wings in air fryer machines will be your best method by the time you are through reading this article and trying out the recipe (not really a recipe though). It’s a simple step by step guide.
Chicken wings are an all time family favorite it’s no wonder it’s a popular appetizer or snack in family gatherings, tailgating parties and even kids lunchboxes. When wing lovers unite leftovers are expected because it’s intentional. The question of reheating it so it tastes just like when you first made it comes up.
To answer your question reheat wing! Air fryer? Yes it’s possible and here are a few reasons you’ll love it and why you should consider giving it a try.
Why you’ll love this!
Time saver: reheating wing in the air fryer is super quick and you don’t need to turn on your oven with absolutely no preheating needed.
No waste: leftovers are helpful when paired up with different dishes. Saves you some bucks when you reheat leftovers.
Tasty: reheated chicken wings when done properly tastes as good as it did on the day it was made, you could even say it tastes better. Reheated wings in the air fryer remains as crispy as ever.
How long do you reheat chicken wings in the air fryer
Wings are one of the chicken parts that warms through pretty quickly when being reheated. It usually takes about 5 to 6 minutes to reheat wings in a non preheated air fryer. It will take anywhere between 4 to 5 mins in a preheated oven from the time it was put in the air fryer.
How to reheat chicken wings in air fryer.
Place wings in the air fryer in a single layer. Set temperature to 360°F / 180°C and timer to 5 minutes.
Air fryer for 5 to 6 mins or until warmed through and the internal temperature reads 165°F / 74°C on the instant read meat thermometer. Remember to flip chicken wings half way through cooking time to ensure even cooking.
Reheated wings are best eaten immediately. To avoid having leftovers after reheating wings, be sure to reheat only the quantity you can finish at a time.
- No need to preheat the air fryer because air fryer heat up pretty quickly. If you decide to, the wings will cook at a shorter time than indicated in this recipe so keep an eye on it and adjust accordingly.
- Try to reheat similar sized wings so they cook evenly.
- No need to use oil especially if the wings were deep fried wings.
Frequently asked questions
Can you eat leftover chicken wings?
Yes you can eat leftover chicken that had been stored and reheated properly.
How do you keep wings crispy?
Do not keep hot wings in an air tight container or it will create steam within the container making the wings wet and soggy.
How do you keep reheated chicken wings from drying out?
Reheating the wings at high temperature and for too long could lead to dried out wings. Keep an eye on wings when reheating them and stop when it’s heated through.
More air fryer reheated foods
- PF Chang’s honey chicken
- Air fryer corn dogs
- Potstickers is the air fryer
- Air fryer Dino nuggets
- Frozen Mozarella sticks in the air fryer
- Air fryer Breaded chicken breasts
Check out all our >>>Air fryer Recipes!
Did you find this recipe helpful? Leave me a comment about it or any recipe idea you would love Air fryer ‘yummed’ and don’t forget to share with family and friends.
Happy Air frying!
Love it? Pin it!
Looking for more air fryer recipes? Sign up for our yummy newsletter and Follow along on Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest and Tiktok for updates. Remember to Subscribe to my YouTube Channel for weekly videos.
Loving your air fryer much? Join other Air Fryer Buddies in our exclusive free Easy Air Fryer Recipes Group on Facebook!
New to the world of Air frying? We’ve got you covered. Check out our helpful >>> Air fryer Resources!
Shop all air fryers and air fryer accessories at our Amazon store.
How to reheat chicken wings in air fryer
- Cosori Air fryer
- Perforated Parchment paper (optional)
- Kitchen tongs
- 7 - 8 Pieces Leftover chicken wings
- Oil spray (Optional)
- Place chicken wings in air fryer basket in a single layer.
- Set temperature to 360°F / 180°C and timer to 5 minutes. Hit the start button and begin reheating.
- Flip wings half way through cooking time to ensure it’s evenly warmed through. The internal temperature should read 165°F / 74°C when warmed through.
- Serve immediately with your favorite dipping sauce.
- No need to preheat. This recipe was made in a non preheated air fryer. If you decide to, the wings will cook at a shorter time than indicated in this recipe. Be sure to keep a close eye on it.
- Try to cook similar sized wings so they cook evenly.
- If reheating deep fried wings you do not need to use oil however you may need it when reheating air fried chicken.