Frozen sweet potato fries in air fryer is a quick and easy air fryer side dish recipe that’s perfect for beginners. Air fryer frozen sweet potato fries come out well seasoned and crispy every time. Making fries in your new kitchen gadget reduces the need to use excess oil. You don’t even need a spritz of oil for this which makes healthier than deep fried.
Air fryer Frozen Sweet Potato Fries is a winner
Sometimes you need a short cut to a nice dinner and if you’ve tried frozen French fries, waffle fries or crinkle cut fries in your air fryer, you would know that the air fryer not only reheats leftovers perfectly but also cooks frozen foods to crispy perfection.
I love making air fryer baked sweet potato fries from scratch but sometimes a pack or two of frozen sweet potato fries save me some time, therefore I try to have a few bags in the freezer for when I need to whip up this side dish really quickly.
We air fry frozen sweet potatoes because
- It’s easy, convenient and beginner friendly. This Air fryer sweet potatoes recipe is a fool proof recipe anyone can make.
- It’s faster in the air fryer than in the oven
- Frozen potato fries sweet potato fries in air fryer ensures you enjoy crispy fries.
- It’s better than deep frying it. No need to spritz extra oil either since it was pre fried before freezing.
Sweet potato fries brands
- Great Value (Store brand)
- Your favorite brand of frozen sweet potato fries. The brands listed above are some of our favorites.
- Dipping sauce of choice (optional)
How long to air fry frozen sweet potato fries
It takes 12 to 15 minutes to air fry sweet potatoes at 400°F / 200°C in a non preheated air fryer. I have tested this air fryer Frozen sweet potato fries in my Cosori 5.8qt and Gourmia.
If you have a ninja it should work as well. In any case if trying a recipe for the first time, you should start checking 2 minutes earlier than stated in any recipe. It’s ok to take a peek often too. If you preheat your air fryer, it will likely cook in less time so keep that in mind.
How to cook frozen sweet potato fries in air fryer
1. No preheating needed. Transfer frozen fries into air fryer basket. Make sure it’s in a single layer. A little overlap is allowed.
2. Air fryer at 400°F / 204°C for 12-15 mins. I like mine to cook for 15 mins since that’s the level of crispy I like.
These are suggestions to make your side dish more interesting for your holiday table
Cinnamon Sugar Sweet potato fries
Toss warm air fried sweet potatoes in a mix of cinnamon and sugar and serve as a dessert or snack.
Brown sugar sweet potato fries
Toss to coat with brown sugar and serve as a dessert or sweet side dish.
What to serve with Air fried frozen sweet potato fries
Treat these as you would French fries. They can be served on its own with your favorite dipping sauce or served as a potato side dish for steak, Scrambed eggs, Over easy eggs, Chicken recipes with no breading or any chicken recipe and lots more.
There are a variety of dipping sauces that can be used with fries. Below are some of them. Leave me a comment below and let me know your favorite dipping sauce.
- Fry sauce
- Sour cream and onion or sour cream and chives dip
- Barbecue sauce
How to store and reheat
Since frozen sweet potato fries are already precooked and what you are basically doing is reheating from frozen, I highly recommend you cook the quantity you need at a time to avoid having leftovers that need further reheating.
However if you do have leftovers, let it cook down completely, then transfer to a clean and dry airtight container and in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
To keep it crispy, reheat in the air fryer at 350°F / 180°C for up to 5 mins or until heated through.
Can you freeze raw sweet potatoes?
Yes you can. When you don’t have much time on your hands to make air fryer sweet potato fries from scratch, Frozen sweet potato fries are a time saver and short cut to meal planning.
If you can’t find frozen sweet potato fries in your grocery store, you can cut fresh sweet potato into fries ahead of time. Freeze them in a single on a baking sheet.When they are completely frozen, transfer into a freezer bag and freeze for up to a month.
With this you shave off cutting time and it will help get dinner on the table faster. However the end product may not be as crispy as the store bought one since those are pre fried before packing but it will still be tasty.
Air frying tips
- No need to preheat the air fryer. If you do, the fries will likely cook faster than stated in this recipe.
- No need for oil. These were pre-fried before freezing.
- While a little overlap is ok, do not over crowd the basket to ensure evenly cooked crispy fries.
- Remember to shake the basket every 5 minutes to ensure even cooking.
More easy air fryer recipes
Did you find this recipe helpful? Leave me a comment about it or any recipe idea you would love Air fryer ‘yummed’ and don’t forget to share with family and friends.
Happy Air frying!
Looking for more air fryer recipes? Sign up for our yummy emails and follow along on Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, and Tiktok for updates. Remember to Subscribe to our YouTube Channel for weekly videos.
Loving your air fryer much? Join other Air Fryer Buddies in our exclusive free Easy Air Fryer Recipes Group on Facebook!
New to the world of Air frying? We’ve got you covered. Check out our helpful>>> Air fryer Resources!
Love it? Pin it!
How to make Frozen sweet potato Fries in the air fryer
- 1 lb frozen sweet potato fries
- ¼ cup Ketchup or Fry sauce
- Place fries in Air fryer basket
- Set temperature to 400°F / 200°C and timer to Air fry for 12-15 mins shaking every 5 mins to ensure even cooking.
- Serve with dipping sauce of choice
Nutritional information is an estimate and may change based on products used. Please read full nutrition disclaimer here.
⭐️ This recipe was originally posted in May 2021 but has been updated to include helpful tips and answers to frequently asked questions. Hope you find it helpful